List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riley Beveridge saying Lewis Young is worth a future 3rd Round Pick. If that is the case, then Lipinski worth a 4th rounder at best

Our points total excluding pick 22 is 2095 if my calculations are correct.

So we can take 22 into the draft and as soon as pick #1 is announced as anyone other than Daicos, we can trade it out to the highest bidder.

If, as Gone Critical suggests, we’re going to use 48 and 58 to bring in Lipinski and Kreuger, then our points total drops by 472, and we would have to wait until after pick #4 is announced as being someone other than Daicos before trading out 22. However if Darcy goes at #2 or #3, picks will get chewed up which then increases our points, so realistically we could trade out after pick #3 as we’d have enough to match at #4.

If we can somehow keep a hold of pick 48 (use PSD?) we could trade pick 22 out after pick #2 is announced. Or perhaps we get a pick for Lynch which facilitates this.

The deals we get for Lipinksi and Kreuger are going to have a big impact on how much we can maximise the value of 22.

Last edited:

He reminds me of Atu because they have similar attributes. But Atu is the Wish version of Dib.
In the games you saw him in, how many players in just the two teams playing looked more likely? Blokes who go in the 50 and beyond are good junior players, which he looked like to me, but not the top shelf junior player who is going to get snapped up really early.

So next week of Trade Period are going to be Quiet as Teams trying to get the most out of Trades.

Not Expecting much Trades until next Tuesday
In the meantime:

Collingwood in danger of Nick Daicos choosing FA

Pies, Dogs in tight battle over Lipinski

Pies' Ugly Boardroom Stoush Boils Over with AGM called

Caroline Wilson's Richmond membership means they'll win the premiership and Norf will get the spoon.

Gil makes no rule changes

Pendles: The player that should retire

Why JDG should be traded

Why JDG shouldn't be playing

Why Brodie Grundy is an overpaid hippy: the inside story.

Pies Do Deal with Cats for Fringe Player

Brayden Maynard to leave Collingwood per Tom Browne

Collingwood to fold as a club per 7NEWS Inside Footy.

Collingwood cheated by getting enough points for Daicos

In the games you saw him in, how many players in just the two teams playing looked more likely? Blokes who go in the 50 and beyond are good junior players, which he looked like to me, but not the top shelf junior player who is going to get snapped up really early.
He's rated highly at the Oakleigh Chargers and that's good enough for me. When he's in the sentence after Sam Darcy as a top shelf player, that's not too bad really.

I like the look of Sam Collins for the draft. Tassie boy who moved to Oakleigh (all our players come from that stable) and has had a good season. Decent kick, averaging 17 disposals and a defender. Him and Callow were expected to be taken in last year's draft by literally every footy analyst in Tasmania. Patrick Walker and Chuggy were seen as unlikely. His strengths are as follows:

STRENGTHS:

• Intercept marking
  • Reading the play
  • Transition running
  • Penetrating kick
  • Rebounding
  • Versatility
IMPROVEMENTS:

• Decision making
  • Kick consistency
Sounds pretty good to me ...

And have an other 7 year huge contract on our books? I don't think so.
We don't have any capital to give. The Doggies had a first round pick last year for Treloar but we don't.

He's rated highly at the Oakleigh Chargers and that's good enough for me. When he's in the sentence after Sam Darcy as a top shelf player, that's not too bad really.

It’d great if it were true! For context this is probably the weakest Chargers group for a decade and the only reason anyone is talking Dib after Darcy is because of how weak the group is (Voss is the only other draft relevant squad member AFAIK).

Last edited:
I like the look of Sam Collins for the draft. Tassie boy who moved to Oakleigh (all our players come from that stable) and has had a good season. Decent kick, averaging 17 disposals and a defender. Him and Callow were expected to be taken in last year's draft by literally every footy analyst in Tasmania. Patrick Walker and Chuggy were seen as unlikely. His strengths are as follows:

STRENGTHS:

• Intercept marking
  • Reading the play
  • Transition running
  • Penetrating kick
  • Rebounding
  • Versatility
IMPROVEMENTS:

• Decision making
  • Kick consistency
Sounds pretty good to me ...
He also played for our VFL team this season.

It’d great if it were true! For context this is probably the weakest Chargers group for a decade and the only reason anyone is talking Dib after Darcy is because of how weak the group is (Voss is the only other draft relevant squad member AFAIK).

“Obviously Nick Daicos has been pretty handy, Sam Darcy is right up there with him. Then there’s Youseph Dib, Karl Worner, Giorgio Varagiannis, Lochie Jenkins, Paddy Voss and Sam Collins. These are the types of guys that have been able to play the majority of games which has been good.”

Sentence after by Oakleigh Chargers. Is that not what I said?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the couple of games I saw, he obviously looked less likely than Daicos and Darcy, but he also looked less likely than some of the blokes from the other team. Then add in all the other teams in the country who probably also have one or two starring in a way that Dib just didn't. It's not hard to see him staying on the board until really late, possible rookie. I like the look of him though. Looks AFL potential in his contested work.

“Obviously Nick Daicos has been pretty handy, Sam Darcy is right up there with him. Then there’s Youseph Dib, Karl Worner, Giorgio Varagiannis, Lochie Jenkins, Paddy Voss and Sam Collins. These are the types of guys that have been able to play the majority of games which has been good.”

You do realise that’s pie 4 life’s site and the comments are from Bond who’s job is to talk up the Chargers as their talent operations lead? You should go check out where pie 4 life rates Dib in the draft thread. While you’re at it check out where the others in his peer group are rated. Also the “if it were true” was in relation to your take not that the comments were made…

Last edited:

Did you notice that he was bracketed with 5 other players - from the one team, in a 13 team comp, from only one of the states that kids will be selected from?

Incorrect
Ok, i just looked it up..

The AFL announced last year that from 2021, nominated Next Generation Academy players will only be eligible to be matched from pick 21 in the draft.

All other NGA players selected from pick 41 onwards can be matched by their club using their next available draft selection, while NGA players not picked in the national draft are still eligible to be pre-selected as rookies.

So yes, we can just match with whatever our next pick is.

:thumbsu:

Did you notice that he was bracketed with 5 other players - from the one team, in a 13 team comp, from only one of the states that kids will be selected from?

Five other players of which maybe one is currently looking ND relevant. For context Dib is a perfectly good get later in the draft around when Atu was selected because his NAB league season was below average and he doesn’t project as offering anything different to our current mix. He has some tricks though so why not.

I don't get why Dib is so underrated. Cal Twomey picked him in his team of the year consistently and he's a decent player off HB. When I watched Vic Metro he seemed alright. Composed, that's for sure. He reminds me of Atu (D2) but a defensive version capable of running through the midfield. For what he's going as, he'll be a very cheap pickup.

IMO his complete gameplay and skillset is much different and more natural than Atu.

I think the only thing they have in common is that they are both vertically challenged.

For anyone interested he does some very nice things in the below Challenge game

Last edited:
IMO his complete gameplay and skillset is much different and more natural than Atu.

I think the only thing they have in common is that they are both vertically challenged.

You don’t reckon Dib cracks in? Atu was one of the best small defensive forwards of the past five drafts.

I think I've got this right but who knows.

The position as it currently stands - the Club has picks 22, 36, 41, 43, 46, 48, 58 (have points totalling 2,940) as well as picks 78 & 79 (0 points).

1633396083903.png

*Edit - now including pointless pick 78

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back