Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange, because I haven't heard any commentary from the media about him not being able to play immediately after retirement.
It’s the Mal Michael rule after he retired from Brisbane and immediately joined the Bombers.
If Dusty is OOC and not classified as retired, he could join the Suns as a free agent and Richmond would be entitled to a compo pick. My understanding is this compo pick would be determined by the wage that Dusty receives at the Suns and Richmond’s ladder position.

Because it is a figment of people's imagination - possibly stemming from MSD non-eligibility for retired players.

Dusty will still be "on" Richmond's list right now. If a transfer was to happen, it could work like the Hodge "post-retirement" trade to Brisbane, or he could walk during the free agency period. Both would be for pretty minimal compensation.
Isn’t the compo pick determined by the band it falls within according to the wage the Suns are paying him?

Makes sense. The mystery AFL formula is a weird one though.
From Richmond’s POV (which I could care less about), Dusty would sell a lot of merch for the club so I’m sure they would value him much more highly than the AFL compo pick formula does.
Any Richmond supporter begrudging their greatest of all time padding out his retirement fund needs an uppercut. They have gotten more than full value out of Dusty already!

The way Dimma has treated Richmond lately has been so piss poor. Like I'm glad they are shit but fmd he has been a complete scum bag. First he recruited Hopper and Taranto then he decided to leave Richmond I wonder how those 2 guys feel and now he is raiding their list by getting Rioli and Martin. I honestly didn't think Martin would do that. Bit scummy by him as well tbh.

Dimma is a child. The jovial loveable larrikin was only visible when Richmond were killing it. Didnt maintain that persona when things went downhill. We all know how these stories go

Project1.png

Project2.png

When Richmond submitted Dusty’s papers to the AFL, if they ticked the “retired” box, my understanding is he can’t join another club for 12 mths. However, if they have simply delisted Dusty, he is free to join who he wants with no trade required or compo owing.
And if you think about it, it has to be this way or clubs could avoid having to trade for players at all. They would all just simply retire and immediately sign with another club.
I thought the AFL had implemented rules around this. Not that I care as I despise Richmond as much as I do Carlton

The way Dimma has treated Richmond lately has been so piss poor. Like I'm glad they are shit but fmd he has been a complete scum bag. First he recruited Hopper and Taranto then he decided to leave Richmond I wonder how those 2 guys feel and now he is raiding their list by getting Rioli and Martin. I honestly didn't think Martin would do that. Bit scummy by him as well tbh.
Yeah, it's funny as an opposition supporter to see them crash and burn, but I can understand why Richmond supporters would be pissed off.

Josh Corbett just retired, I feel really bad for the bloke. He gets drafted as a mature age player and just constantly gets injured so never really gets a proper chance to show he belongs at the level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** Richmond. Not sure what they’re complaining about. Sure, their favourite coach and player lied to them and stabbed them in the back.

But they’re also going to get a fast tracked rebuild on the back of some players who want to go to the right place who are happy to pay more than they’re worth. Very rare that happens.. Some of them might even be tempted to keep their membership instead of letting it lapse to jump on the wagon a few years later

I hate Richmond as much as the next person but doing this is complete bs in my opinion

If he declares he's retired, then there has to be rules / processes in place for if he wants to come back
- direct compo from acquiring club to former club
Or
- have to stay out of the game for a 12 months (or whatever)
**** SCUMMOND THEY DESERVE THIS

I thought the AFL had implemented rules around this. Not that I care as I despise Richmond as much as I do Carlton
Was he out of contract this year? Pretty sure the Mal Michael rule only applies if a player retires under contract and then “changes their mind” to walk to another club.

Was he out of contract this year? Pretty sure the Mal Michael rule only applies if a player retires under contract and then “changes their mind” to walk to another club.

Petrecca ;)

Yeah, it's funny as an opposition supporter to see them crash and burn, but I can understand why Richmond supporters would be pissed off.
I'd probably be less pissed off if he'd said he was going & not retired first.

Maybe he didn't think he'd get the same response for his last match with the Tigers if he was going elsewhere ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back