Game Day Collingwood vs West Coast Eagles on Saturday 31st of July 2021 @TBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are all the clowns in here with their positivity who defend the Eagles' poor performance week in, week out?

Has it taken this long for them to realise the Titanic is sinking hard?

Better late than never I suppose.
Percentage doesn't matter, we'll click..... 3 years and counting

This is the flukiest half Collingwood have played in recent times. 10 1 with many of them not easy shots
I disagree. We let them do whatever the **** they want through the corridor majority of the time and they’ve been getting set shot after set shot 30-40 out with hardly any angles. We are an embarrassment

We winning

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm done. Players are completely lost
I can't watch this pathetic display anymore.

Over the last month and a bit If season started over we probally be fighting for a wooden spoon. That's how bad we have been playing.

Simmo is done as coach. Don't even want to hear his excuses after the game. His press conferences are meaningless. His time is done. Eagles need to sack him immediately after this game.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

If every player is like this, that is on the coach. He is the person who can say "hey you aren't trying I'm going to drop you, I don't care who you are or what you have done."

Simpson is too gutless to do that though and this is the result
If they're not going to do it for the coach they should do it for Bunga

This issue goes much deeper than Simmo

We regularly can't be bothered showing up

I'm not defending Simmo and don't care if he gets yeeted. I am firmly aimed at the zero effort zero pressure players

lets do apoll. what margin do we need to lose today for simmo to get sacked on the spot?? I would say 60 points.
300. They’re not sacking a coach with a multi year deal on the spot with three weeks left in a season.

Its not my mind, you should try watching the game. Zac Langdon is a zero effort zero pressure player

He does absolutely nothing for our club
That’s a bit unfair. He has usually put huge effort in and that’s what’s kept him in the side because you’re right. He has no pace ant can’t kick

Someone give me a rundown of what’s actually happened, given I’ve just now seen the score.

Spare the emotive “we’re sh*t, no heart, sack this bloke and trade this one”.

What’s been happening? I see we lead i50s and Collingwood have scored accurately, but that explains maybe a 15-20 point swing? Not this. Can’t get the footy, playing safe again? Bad turnovers? The lot?

How’s this come about today?
No pressure when we dont have the ball, same slow movement when we do and a raft of terrible decisions going into the f50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People blaming game plan have no clue

This is completely on the players not wanting it

Nope. West Coast are an uncontested side which means we need to win the ball cleanly when we do and keep the ball off the ground. We need to defend the ground well and turnover the ball by forcing long kicks.

Teams can simply force us to play on their terms by by kicking short, shifting our zone to take territory. Once our team defence is stretched we’ve we have to commit players to contests and we inevitably lose through an out number or simply due to poor matchups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think some people underestimate how much influence the coaching/game plan has on the way that players perform.
Especially when your hear players talk about next man up mentality when players go out and just sticking to the game plan.
I don't think no amount of dropping underperforming players will make us improve, especially with the lack of options in the WAFL.

Nope. West Coast are an uncontested side which means we need to win the ball cleanly when we do and keep the ball off the ground. We need to defend the ground well and turnover the ball by forcing long kicks.

Teams can simply force us to play on their terms by by kicking short, shifting our zone to take territory. Once our team defence is stretched we’ve we have to commit players to contests and we inevitably lose through an out number or simply due to poor matchups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We don't have any players that like the commit part

Someone give me a rundown of what’s actually happened, given I’ve just now seen the score.

Spare the emotive “we’re sh*t, no heart, sack this bloke and trade this one”.

What’s been happening? I see we lead i50s and Collingwood have scored accurately, but that explains maybe a 15-20 point swing? Not this. Can’t get the footy, playing safe again? Bad turnovers? The lot?

How’s this come about today?
The script is we go to wings every time. They slice through corridor x 100. Think North game. Our entries are forward pocket entires

Feel sorry for you guys when this happens. You are not a bad side. They just look flat, applying no pressure. Maybe all this Covid stuff causing you to play like this.

This started well before COVID.

Try Round 1, 2019. The writing was on the wall for those to see and we've become progressively worse.

First excuse: Flag hangover
Second: injuries, COVID
Third: COVID? The record rains in July?

Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back