Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge reckons Ollie Wines would be a perfect fit for us?

Could Clarko get Hodge to come and speak to the group? He speaks so well. He might impart something that might make a difference.

'Dang' to come and then 'root'.

30 years ago, 'root' was commonly referred to as something other than supporting your team, although this current team is currently rooting us on a weekly basis.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Even back in the 1970s I had never heard that word used in that context until one of our American exchange teachers, Miss Berkowitz told us she was rooting for the team in the inter-school sports.

She had never heard that word used in the Australian context.

Even back in the 1970s I had never heard that word used in that context until one of our American exchange teachers, Miss Berkowitz told us she was rooting for the team in the inter-school sports.

I'm sure the team did very well...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did you tell her you needed help rooting around in the bike she for a couple of pumps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m officially drinking a cup of cement and heading to Marvel for the game against the Bombers. Everything started going south the week after 9-0 in 2016. Time to start righting the ship at 0-9!!!
😂 I might beat my record of “likes” for a post. All I had to do was say I’m going to our next game!

All the negativity sucks but adding to it without s=adding anything positive is no different really. We all get frustrated. it really sucks being this shithouse but there isn't a magic wand we can wave and make it better. Those positives are there, that's the good thing. Hopefully as more and more of them accumulate we start playing proper scintillating footy.
Ferbs in the vanguard of the turnaround. I like it. 👍

Great article. I played Full Back for years for my team and took the majority of kick ins. Its much harder than it looks and there are a lot of factors to take in.

Your winger looks like hes in space and is waving his arms but he doesnt see the small forward who will have plenty of time to get in there and make a contest with the long ball flight.

Playing on straight away to gain meterage is always good as well but the second you leave the box you limit your scope and angles of attack.

People think a kick in shouldnt be a stat. Garbage. Its the hardest kick in the game and shouldnt be seen as a source of shaming.

I used to absolutely hate taking kick ins. So much pressure haha

Mason Redman on BMac;
" yeh, he was a shining light for North last year " 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Back