Commercial FM radio breakfast shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, the further you get from Melb/Syd/Bris, the shittier they get. Not that they're all that flash in those places.

Generally putting an 'O' or 'Y' on the end of your last name will add to your wild and crazy persona. :rolleyes:

And if you're in a regional area and can make some overweight, middle aged female station manager (who is also thinks Kochie is funny) laugh, you've probably got the gig.

I loath FM Breakfast Radio, I work noght shift and am heading home when the fire up so prob not in the "waky zany" frame of mind when listening. They are unfunny, unoriginal and annoying, thank god for ipods, and AM radio.

The B105 crew are as funny as terminal cancer. Camilla (from BigBrother), Labrat, and the unfunniest person I have ever listened to in my life: Stav.

You should listen to Sam Simmons on Triple J - absolute stooge

In terms of commercial, Nathan and Nat on NOVA would be the best in Perth. I can handle them but none of the others

i cant listen to any of the melbourne Fm shows, i find them all unfunny and annoying. SEN is starting to head down this path as well due to their over-advertising in mornings. gets me into a shit mood before i even step foot inside work.

who else thinks that the only good thing on mmm in the morn is one richard marsland?

Man, I an so willing to again hijack a thread into yet another Get This whinge.

Heard Pete and Myf for the first time in months this morning as I had to go out on site. Thought I'd give it a go now they are settled. I've got to say, they haven't gotten any better. And to think Hellier is the reason we no longer have that show! It's made me hate him and everything he does with a passion. I can no longer watch before the game, (even though I originally stopped because of my hatred of all thing Maher)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, I an so willing to again hijack a thread into yet another Get This whinge.

Heard Pete and Myf for the first time in months this morning as I had to go out on site. Thought I'd give it a go now they are settled. I've got to say, they haven't gotten any better. And to think Hellier is the reason we no longer have that show! It's made me hate him and everything he does with a passion. I can no longer watch before the game, (even though I originally stopped because of my hatred of all thing Maher)

Myf has never been a particularly good host. She got by on the lunch shift at Triple J due to a cute giggle and more serious content (barring the trashy lunchtime quiz of course) but she was out of her depth on the breakfast show with Jay and Lindsey. Since she left, Marieke Hardy has gone in and been 10 x better.

I can only assume Myf got a job on commercial on the back of an increased profile via Spicks and Specks and the odd appearance at the ARIA's, Rove etc

I don't mind Nova 919. Fitzy, Jules and.... ughhh Lisa.

getting way too old (no age) Fitzy makes Bogan jokes, Lisa makes ditzy jokes and jules makes sex jokes

all are generally unfunny and repatative

Don't get me wrong, i listen to them every morning, I just wish they would move on and get some fresh voices/ideas in.

Nah, they're terrible in Melbourne as well. Hughesy Kate and Dave are still on Nova I think, Matt and Jo on Fox, and Mix 101 are probably so cheap they don't have breakfast presenters.
Yeah, if Perth is worse than Melbourne, then it must be pretty bad.

Nova lost Dave, and I can't bear listening to just Hughesy and Kate.

Mix have Bridget Duclos, George McEncroe and Tom Gleeson. They're probably OK, if you fit the demographic. I don't.

I do fit the demographic for MMM, but I am yet to get a laugh out of Myf and Pete.

I don't fit the demographic for Joy FM either, but I often end up listening to them. To be honest the presenters they have aren't great, but there is more variety, and less ads.

brisbane had the worst breafast radio hosts. triple m are the undunniest bunch i have ever heard. triple m need to get rid of 3 of the hosts on the cage up here and keep sami lukis. that sully bloke is as funny as a post. nova are dribble and especialy with those unfunny nobs in ash and luttsy. i wish i was the bloke who thumped that luttsy last year. the rest arent much chop

brisbane had the worst breafast radio hosts. triple m are the undunniest bunch i have ever heard. triple m need to get rid of 3 of the hosts on the cage up here and keep sami lukis. that sully bloke is as funny as a post. nova are dribble and especialy with those unfunny nobs in ash and luttsy. i wish i was the bloke who thumped that luttsy last year. the rest arent much chop

Ash & Luttsy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sami Lukis

Apparently breakfast radio is easy according to an article in The Australian featuring Peter Helliar

Peter Helliar

Peter Helliar, 37, has built a career from stand-up appearances around Australia, regular appearances on Rove and is co-host of a morning radio show on Triple M. He stars in a film, I Love You Too, which goes into production early next year.
What’s more terrifying: stand-up, radio, or TV? Stand-up is probably the most terrifying because you are up on stage alone and so vulnerable. Then TV, because there is such a large audience. On the other hand, you can do more with your face because everyone can see you up close. Radio is the easiest, because you can have your notes in front of you and cheat more.

If it is so easy why is his show rating so poorly???:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Commercial FM radio breakfast shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back