Helix

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2003
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Southport Sharks
"It is tragic to see Tredrea reduced to a hack this afternoon." - D Cometti, Port v Brisbane, 21/5/06

He was hopeless. I think he needs a few in the magoos.

I gotta say, I was shocked to hear that said. We all just looked at each other here in the loungeroom and the other half who is relatively new to actively supporting AFL was in shock they would say that about a player - let alone a player he thought with his brief experience deserved a little more respect.

I don't think I have heart Commettii ever refer to a player as a 'hack' not to say he hasn't, I just haven't heard it, suprised that he would say it.

Might be time for Tredders to take a trip to Port Maggies, and help them out, after last weeks effort.

Haha yeah just heard it myself. I got a good giggle out of it.

It will interesting what they do with Tredrea, surely he has got to be dropped. It cant be good for team morale to see their captain so down on form.

He didn't really say he was a hack. He just said he was playing like a hack. And it was true.

He didnt get over that knee IMO but he insists on playing.

I guess you cant expect him to be in the greatest form (or any other player in the team) when your consistently losing games by 10+ goals.

Vic Crow said:
He didn't really say he was a hack. He just said he was playing like a hack. And it was true.
He said that Tredrea has been reduced to a hack today. My quote is up the top.

Rory said:
He didnt get over that knee IMO but he insists on playing.

I guess you cant expect him to be in the greatest form (or any other player in the team) when your consistently losing games by 10+ goals.
:confused:

Stick with injured. Champions will come out after a hiding and win the game the next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Helix said:
He said that Tredrea has been reduced to a hack today. My quote is up the top.
Yeah, I saw the quote and I was watching too. I'm just trying to put it into context. He didn't flat out say Warren Tredrea is a hack.
For the record, I found it hilarious and loved it. It's just not as severe as one might think.

MickZu said:
He is dead set the worst caller that has graced our airways, makes me sick just listening to his trash. :thumbsdown:

Get off the crack! He is a brilliant caller, been voted best caller by the public for several years straight and is sought after by all the commercial networks.

Tredrea has been a joke since he returned. Fair enough to take 2-3 weeks to get back to full match fitness, but this has now been 5 or 6 games back and he has done f*ck all. The knee cannot be an excuse anymore. He is playing crap, and so is his team. He couldnt have kicked more than 7-8 goals for the year, so Commetti is right (but shouldnt really put a personal opinion like that on tv).

Ricciuto in first game back from hamstring kicked 6, and the week after 5. True champs can do that. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Commetti labels Tredrea a "hack" today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back