Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa

• Sri Lanka

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought that was a really mauture innings from Gardner, and I know she’ll get a lot of the credit for that win, but Harris deserves a lot of credit for helping get us into the position - her 37 off 20 was what started to turn the tide, especially after coming to the crease with the team at 5/49 after just 7.2 overs

I did get a laugh at a few comments on Twitter following the team announcement with Harris in and Pez missing - more than a few not happy Pez wasn’t named, and others wanting to know what Harris had done to get selected…hopefully those folks watched the match and saw the role that Harris can play

Wouldn't call it a choke, Australia have an amazingly deep batting line up, Gardner (who owns the highest score in the WBBL) is batting at 6 and Harris (opener for two time WBBL champions Brisbane Heat) is at 7. The girls will feel that no chase is impossible no matter how poorly they start, and that will now be reinforced 10 fold by todays win.

Thought that was a really mauture innings from Gardner, and I know she’ll get a lot of the credit for that win, but Harris deserves a lot of credit for helping get us into the position - her 37 off 20 was what started to turn the tide, especially after coming to the crease with the team at 5/49 after just 7.2 overs

I did get a laugh at a few comments on Twitter following the team announcement with Harris in and Pez missing - more than a few not happy Pez wasn’t named, and others wanting to know what Harris had done to get selected…hopefully those folks watched the match and saw the role that Harris can play
Perry is massively overrated in T20's now. Just doesn't score fast enough (striking in the low 90's the last 2 WBBL's), and if she isn't bowling then she shouldn't be in the side.

I have to admit, I wasn't sure about Harris, and happy to hear of her performance today, but I was happy to see that Perry wasn't named.

FY1l6cYXoAAqr_G

I do like the PJ's the girls are wearing, it's a nice shade of yellow.

Pakistan Women (Playing XI): Muneeba Ali(w), Iram Javed, Bismah Maroof(c), Omaima Sohail, Nida Dar, Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Naseem, Fatima Sana, Tuba Hassan, Diana Baig, Anam Amin

Barbados Women (Playing XI): Hayley Matthews(c), Deandra Dottin, Kycia Knight(w), Kyshona Knight, Aaliyah Alleyne, Trishan Holder, Alisa Scantlebury, Shakera Selman, Shamilia Connell, Aaliyah Williams, Shanika Bruce

Pakistan Women have won the toss and have opted to field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teams:

South Africa Women
(Playing XI): Tazmin Brits, Anneke Bosch, Sune Luus(c), Laura Wolvaardt, Mignon du Preez, Chloe Tryon, Delmi Tucker, Sinalo Jafta(w), Shabnim Ismail, Ayabonga Khaka, Nonkululeko Mlaba

New Zealand Women (Playing XI): Sophie Devine(c), Suzie Bates, Amelia Kerr, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Izzy Gaze(w), Lea Tahuhu, Hannah Rowe, Fran Jonas, Eden Carson

South Africa Women have won the toss and have opted to field

Interesting

The uncharacteristic missed chances (one stumping and like 4 catches) by Australia did make for an interesting match. India wouldn't have got close otherwise.

Question is does Healy get the ICC "Spirit of Cricket" award for immediately waving that off, in addition to now being the greatest T20I wicket-keeper ever?

why isnt Kapp at this tournament for South Africa?
Went home due to a death serious accident in the family.

Sri Lanka Women (Playing XI): Chamari Athapaththu(c), Vishmi Gunaratne, Hasini Perera, Kavisha Dilhari, Nilakshi de Silva, Anushka Sanjeewani(w), Ama Kanchana, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Sugandika Kumari, Inoka Ranaweera, Achini Kulasuriya

England Women (Playing XI): Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Natalie Sciver(c), Amy Jones(w), Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Katherine Brunt, Sophie Ecclestone, Freya Kemp, Issy Wong, Sarah Glenn

Sri Lanka Women have won the toss and have opted to bat

Remove this Banner Ad

Commonwealth Games Cricket 2022

Back