Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa

• Sri Lanka

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ash Gardner's performances over the last 12 months and again at the Commonwealth Games has seen her move up in the ICC Rankings. She is now ranked second behind Sophie Devine in the Women's T20 All Rounder Rankings.

1660036564617.png

I found it interesting the McGrath dropped a spot but that is because Amelia Kerr jumped two places than McGrath performing poorly.

The other rankings are also a little interesting.

ICC Women's Rankings

The top three T20 bowlers are all English and there is only two Aussies in the top 10, which says more about our depth than the quality of our bowlers. Injuries along with a number of youngsters working their way into the team has meant we have a few newbies working their way up the rankings, King is at 36, Vlaeminck at 59, Brown at 60 and McGrath at 84.

I see we win another competition for the discussion in here to centre around the players who didn't play well and who should replace them.

We will never be satisfied.
I don't think we were talking about replacing players, at least not all the time, it was more about depth and the younger players we have coming up through the ranks who can come in when a player retires. Haynes is 35/36 and must be close, Healy and Perry are 32 and Lanning is 30. In this day and age they could play another 5 or 6 years, or they may wish to start a family and retire at 32/33.

Tayla would be the best quick if she could only stay fit for more than 3 games
I would love to see Vlaeminck and Brown opening the bowling, especially in a test where there is a little more lenient with regards to high pitched bowling. Hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.

I would love to see Vlaeminck and Brown opening the bowling, especially in a test where there is a little more lenient with regards to high pitched bowling. Hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.

Hope I’m wrong but not sure Tayla gets through a test match.

High pitched bowling, does that involve inhaling helium before each delivery?? In any case, Vlaeminck has already got through a Test match. But a reasonable understanding of the game suggests she and Brown would not work well as a pair. If they are ever afforded the opportunity to learn the longform art of bowling in partnerships, it's sure to happen later in their careers than sooner.

India's record v Aus at past major T20 tournaments...

2018 WC: 1-0
2020 WC: 1-1
2022 CG: 0-2

Plus they went 1-2 in the 2020 tri-series before going 0-2 last October. The narrative about them catching up is pure fiction. And the main difference between the two teams now from 5 years ago is that an in-form Harmanpreet Kaur used to be enough to cause an upset.

Looking at a player like Yastika Bhatia, whose confidence has seemingly been destroyed in the 12 months since her promising international debut, it's hard to escape the reality of India's reliance on raw talent over meaningful development and preparation. That's what happens when your board refuses to invest in suitable domestic structures.

To suppose Australia's ongoing dominance depends on one particular player replacing another totally overlooks the true recipe for the team's success. But I know many people find it too hard to give CA any credit, even when it's thoroughly earned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Commonwealth Games Cricket 2022

Back