Community Announcement : Grumpy Old Men

Remove this Banner Ad

Darky

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 7, 2000
country Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I recently got Optus TV installed, and am revelling in being able to watch all the old match footage, as well as one of FoxFooty's own shows, Grumpy Old Men.

I'm not sure if it's a repeat or a replay of something shown earlier this week, but tonight's guests are two people with connections to our great footy club - Allen Aylett & Brian Dixon.

Show starts at 8.30pm.

Brian Dixon was North Melbourne's coach in 1971 and 1972. North won only one game in 1972, and of course finished last. The following year the club recruited several players from other clubs under the short-lived 10 year rule, and recruited Ron Barassi as coach,

Before coaching North, Dixon played 252 games (revised total) for Melbourne between 1954 and 1968. His tally (which was 258 games until the AFL revised it many years later) was a club record until Robert Flower overtook it in 1987.

Dixon won Melbourne's B&F in 1960, and played in 5 premierships and two losing Grand Final sides for Melbourne.

After retiring, Dixon went into politics.

Darky ,
This is a new series and the Aylett one has not been on as yet.

Keep an eye out for "From the Vault" hosted by Ron Barassi....A lot of 70's and 80's North games are on that show,

Originally posted by Cororoo
Darky ,
This is a new series and the Aylett one has not been on as yet.

Keep an eye out for "From the Vault" hosted by Ron Barassi....A lot of 70's and 80's North games are on that show,

Thanx Corza.

I'm also getting into the Winners With Flares... although to be honest I don't recall too many people in flares in 1982...

Wait till ya see "Living With Footballers" mate!!

I was at home crook yesterday and spent it on the couch in front of the idiot box. I am rarely home these days and barely get to watch tellie, but i was enjoying most of what the Fox Footy channels had to offer.

Then "Living With" came on. As Scwatta was on, i thought i'd have a look.

Now i know you've never done any hard drugs before Darky, but that show is the closest thing to being stoned off your brain that i could imagine!! Mind numbingly baaaaaaaad!

Lloydy's chick in particular is a fair dinkum spud!! Any dumber, and you'd have to put her in the corner and water her twice a day!!

But i'm tipping that people dont watch that show for the gripping dialogue do they?!?!

Originally posted by Darky
Brian Dixon was North Melbourne's coach in 1971 and 1972. North won only one game in 1972, and of course finished last. The following year the club recruited several players from other clubs under the short-lived 10 year rule, and recruited Ron Barassi as coach,

Before coaching North, Dixon played 252 games (revised total) for Melbourne between 1954 and 1968. His tally (which was 258 games until the AFL revised it many years later) was a club record until Robert Flower overtook it in 1987.

Dixon won Melbourne's goalkicking in 1960, and played in 5 premierships and two losing Grand Final sides for Melbourne.

After retiring, Dixon went into politics.

Dixon was an extremely unpopular coach with North supporters btw!

Remove this Banner Ad

Community Announcement : Grumpy Old Men

Remove this Banner Ad

Back