Comparison: Sportsmanship

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, don't think he would have been doing that to Tony Lockett, Glen Archer or Jono Brown.
The first 2 I agree with, not so sure the Galliano bottle was actually as 'hard' as some fans reflect on...brave, yes...enforcer, not so much

He's won three premierships. I can't be bothered counting it up but I'm tipping he's won more finals in his career than Essendon has in the last two decades. He's the captain of a great and proud ultra-successful club that doesn't give away that title lightly, say, just because of a bloke's surname.

Hawthorn built their success, like most great teams, on being super tough, and very hard to play against. They would have calculated, not without reason, that the Bombers are front runners who have a tendency to fall apart under pressure.

Tactic didn't work last night and a well deserved win to Essendon.

But jeez, win a final before you go potting three time premiership players like that.

Bloke got carried

Looking at the last few days of posts as a lurker, I feel the need to make a thread.

Massive PC uproar about Stack and Betts and their mutual respect. I felt that their mutual respect for eachother, both going as hard as they can, cultural history and obviously the admiration and respect between the two players.

Tonight, someone is so unsportsmanlike he hurts players with pinching.

This is their job. Stratton should be frowned upon, not Stack.

Treat others as you would like to be treated.

THIS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have everything to do with each other.

No strawman, two different scenarios. Direct abuse against another player with the intention to hurt. What if Stratton broke McKernan's foot stomping?

For those tactics it shows how much faith the captain has in his team, which will be felt through the playing group this week.

I lost count of how many times I've seen Stratton gut punch players behind play, well until they changed the rules to actually punish it. Not surprising at all he's moved onto a new method. The guys been a good player but he's definitely a grub and it's about time he gets called out on a tiny bit of it.

Yeah, Ling, Brady Rawlings, Ben Jacobs did it one way, no pinching and crap, Crowley and Libba, well, yes.

No. Crowley didn’t pinch. There were no marks on the lying little rat to back up his accusations, and no vision of any pinching. The North Melbourne boys club on the tribunal ignored all evidence and decided Crowley was guilty on the balance of probability.

Terry Wallace shared a story today about Scott West walking off the ground at the end of a game in Perth almost in tears and covered in welts because the whole West Coast team were pinching him all day. I don't think Worsfold's gonna be critical of Stratton. He probably thinks it's fair play. The media spotlight was on Craig Kelly at a time when the whole Eagles team were doing it? Why aren't I surprised.

Here's what I reckon is going on - after the AFL clamped down on body punches, there was a spate of high elbows. Elbows were punished, so now we have pinching. The more the AFL tighten the screws, the more juvenile the tactics become. Pinching now gets attention, so no doubt the players will think of something else. What might that be? We'll have to wait and see. Won't be a long wait.

Woah. A north fan is calling out another teams player for niggle?

???

Sicily got a week for stomping on Atley. Stratton up now.

How many North players been done for stomping?

Remove this Banner Ad

Comparison: Sportsmanship

Remove this Banner Ad

Back