Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

How about this rule. If you have a team in a league you can't have another one in another league.

Nah I don't like it. The board isn't active enough for that, we'd have to reduce leagues to like, 1 division of 10.

Everyone can enter everything.

If that means lmach and bacon warrior make up every team in the Champions League, so be it.

My idea for a competition is called Leagues of Australia.

Each week a sporting league in Australia is chosen as the subject and the goal is to design a guernsey that is representative of the entire league without the design being similar to any of the clubs in the league. For example, if AFL is the selected league making a bulldogs guernsey is not allowed. Also keep away from using the design elements that the clubs in the league use. For example, if it is the AFL don't just use straight up stripes, sashes or hoops. Try to make something unique. The leagues that can be selected are any! This means AFL, SANFL, VFL or even any local leagues, possibly also other codes like the NRL. The only requirement is that the guernseys for the clubs in the league can easily be found. The completed leagues in the Country/Local Footy Jumpers Project is a good source for these. You can also do the research for a particular league in the project if you wish to possibly see it in the competition. This competition also has the possibility for expansion with international sporting leagues if need be.
I just wanted to bump this post for anyone interested in a more regular competition

Nah I don't like it. The board isn't active enough for that, we'd have to reduce leagues to like, 1 division of 10.

Everyone can enter everything.

If that means lmach and bacon warrior make up every team in the Champions League, so be it.
You make a fair point about the boards activity. What about having one team per person in the champs league. If lmach has two teams he picks his best team opening a spot for another team.

You make a fair point about the boards activity. What about having one team per person in the champs league. If lmach has two teams he picks his best team opening a spot for another team.

That's not a bad idea at all.

Obviously the Champions League is a little way down the track. We'll need FIRA and the new potential league style competitions to be running and close to completion before we really start getting into how it would run. Restricting it to one entry per person is a pretty good idea though.

In the mean time, let's try to get these league style comps up and running.

Lad says the IFA will never die.

You can go ahead and plan a Champions League, but the IFA was always #theoriginalandthebest #jointheifa

-HaroLad (Citroin posted with much regret)

Lad says the IFA will never die.

You can go ahead and plan a Champions League, but the IFA was always #theoriginalandthebest #jointheifa

-HaroLad (Citroin posted with much regret)
Yeah he said the IFA won't fail or something to me. I started making a list of who refused his offers and who left the league.

It's a real shame about the IFA. I was enjoying using my Vulcans squad. Now I can't put it anywhere without withdrawing another team :(

But that boys and girls, is how you lose respect and a competition. Being too stubborn to listen to others advice, and if it is taken, it's taken begrudgingly) and being way too brash for your own good

10 likes on this and I will start an Africa/Asia league.
If and (dare I say it) when this kicks off, I have a spare league logo for the IFA of you'd like to take a look at it and possibly use. Obviously this is further in the future, but the offer is on the table

It's a real shame about the IFA. I was enjoying using my Vulcans squad. Now I can't put it anywhere without withdrawing another team :(

But that boys and girls, is how you lose respect and a competition. Being too stubborn to listen to others advice, and if it is taken, it's taken begrudgingly) and being way too brash for your own good
Does your design allow for the Vulcans to be moved somewhere where people actually live?

It looks like we'll have a couple more league style comps before too long with craegus and fizzler signalling their intention to start competitions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does your design allow for the Vulcans to be moved somewhere where people actually live?

It looks like we'll have a couple more league style comps before too long with craegus and fizzler signalling their intention to start competitions.
As long as there's a volcano there. It's a key part of the logo and theme. Heard Island was a name is been interested in using for a while, just never really had the chance.

give em' a whirl in the WHC for a while if you're desperate to get them out, if not save them for one of the upcoming comps.
Maybe later on. I'd like to see how far I can get with my Vatican City designs first

As long as there's a volcano there. It's a key part of the logo and theme. Heard Island was a name is been interested in using for a while, just never really had the chance.

Maybe later on. I'd like to see how far I can get with my Vatican City designs first
venice?

I was thinking Yellowstone National Park and have them in Craegus' North American league. Simply change orange to yellow and I'd be right

That would work, so would Hawaii and the Pacific North West (Mount St Helens).

p.s. I will catch up on the rest of the posts that have been posted on here since my last post and add any other thoughts tomorrow. I was unable to look late today as I was out at ANZ Stadium watching Australia put 4 past Oman.

I'm excited by this prospect of a Champions League. I'd also like to propose the idea of one of the competitions pioneering a format where cities/locations are set as locations for teams, and posters have to post bids to claim that city, and operate a team from said city.

I like the idea of a Champions league, but at the same time I'm a little worried that it'd cheapen the NAFL. The NAFL has pretty naturally become the premier competition, and I think it'd be a shame to spoil that.
Over saturation is another problem.

I like the idea of a Champions league, but at the same time I'm a little worried that it'd cheapen the NAFL. The NAFL has pretty naturally become the premier competition, and I think it'd be a shame to spoil that.
The Asian Champions League and even something like the Copa Libertadores do nothing to detract from the UEFA Champions League and the World Cup, so hopefully the NAFL would remain the pinnacle of design, although it'll be good to see NAFL ideas being pitched against a globally-oriented cohort as well. That could also increase the prestige of the NAFL in turn

Yeah, I'd like it to stay that way too, just because of it's history

I think the NAFL will remain the most prestigious by virtue of it's history now anyway.

Ask Steven Gerrard if he'd trade his Champions League medal for a Premier League equivalent. I'd be willing to bet he would. It's more satisfying and more difficult to win over a long season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Back