Confessions of a try hard Dream Teamer

Remove this Banner Ad

My rationale for burning through trades was that since I'd dodged all the injuries barring Ablett I could afford to use a couple extra and make some early upgrades. Nice plan, until 3 of my starters get injured in one week :eek:

Now I am fast running out of trades.

Starting Murphy over Stanton in Rnd 1 as Murphy was my rock, my "Mr Consistent" and no-one else would be able to afford to trade him in, whereas I thought Stanton was Mr. High Std. Deviation and would be cheap as chips if I wanted to grab him in rnd 9/10/13 to bring in...

AhahahaHAHAhahaahahHAhaah....

:thumbsdown:

That decision alone probably cost me no. 1 in the world mantle considering I'm what, 205 overall with no stanton and copped Murphy fail...

Traded Hepatitis into my side 2 weeks ago at top dollar, I did not like the other player options that shared his bye (one of them being Shaw).

He has produced a 61 and a 62 in the last 2 weeks (his worst two scores for the year).

To top it off he is not playing this week due to 'knee soreness'.

It is safe to say that this has been my worst trade of the year!

Traded Hepatitis into my side 2 weeks ago at top dollar, I did not like the other player options that shared his bye (one of them being Shaw).

He has produced a 61 and a 62 in the last 2 weeks (his worst two scores for the year).

To top it off he is not playing this week due to 'knee soreness'.

It is safe to say that this has been my worst trade of the year!

Heppell could end up being a challenger for my failed Ziebell trade. LOL nah Hep should come good sooner than later. :thumbsu:

I paid 380k for JZ on the back of a 113 average after his first 2 games. Surely he was going to break out after coming home strong in the last 10 rounds of last year, averaging 100+!!!

Scores of 56, 85, 75, 90 followed since I bought him in for a 76 point 4 game average. (2 of those as Captain!:D:D) oh and has also lost 10k in value.

This 1 speculative pick has killed my season without a doubt. I would have been at least 2 trades (possibly 3) and 300+ points better of had I just benched Ablett and put the C on Greene. None of my other trades come even close to the level of fail from this one trade. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Heppell could end up being a challenger for my failed Ziebell trade. LOL nah Hep should come good sooner than later. :thumbsu:

I paid 380k for JZ on the back of a 113 average after his first 2 games. Surely he was going to break out after coming home strong in the last 10 rounds of last year, averaging 100+!!!

Scores of 56, 85, 75, 90 followed since I bought him in for a 76 point 4 game average. (2 of those as Captain!:D:D) oh and has also lost 10k in value.

This 1 speculative pick has killed my season without a doubt. I would have been at least 2 trades (possibly 3) and 300+ points better of had I just benched Ablett and put the C on Greene. None of my other trades come even close to the level of fail from this one trade. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

We all tried to warn you about the stupidity involved in this trade and you wouldn't take a bar of it.

We all tried to warn you about the stupidity involved in this trade and you wouldn't take a bar of it.

As opposed to the stupidity of some of your trades?

Of course I knew I was taking a risk, that's why they're called unique's or hedge picks. Why would I want to follow what everybody else here says/does anyway? I'd rather back my own gut instinct and take a risk whether my instincts are right or wrong, at least I'm not a sheep like some here who don't have the balls to try something that different.

When break out unique's come off it's a thing of beauty. Ala anyone who started with similar priced smokey's Scott Selwood & JPK, who were also not DT relevant last season. Sometimes they come off, sometimes they don't. The fact that JZ was in only 1% of teams when I bought him in was one of the most appealing things about the trade. Had it come off, I would have got the jump on 99% of teams, it hasn't paid off but was worth a try IMHO.

For the record, I still believe JZ will pump out 3 or 4 monster scores this year (is only 1 big score away from a 100+ average) Averaging 89 ATM. but most likely come good after I trade him out, just to rub salt into the wound. :rolleyes:

I have traded in Liam Shiels this week as a unique, hoping his fitness is now up to scratch after a interrupted pre season. Much along the same lies as Stevie J.

Interesting choice Rude, since you could have got Mitchell for only 8k more. Shiel was great last year with a 105 average. Injury behind him he may well improve on last years average from here on. Risky but hey why not? Good luck with that trade hope it works out for your team. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading in Jarryn Geary has probably been my biggest mistake. Got him in after 3 rounds after scores of 77, 80 and 98 thinking he could have been a bargain price unique defender. He had one more good score of 81 but his last 4 scores have been absolutely shithouse with 14 (no he wasn't sub), 53, 38 and 44 as he has been playing more of a lock down defender role. He has also plummeted in price from around 300k to 233K and made it very difficult to trade him out for a decent defender.

My other bad trades were my Broughton to Hurn to Adcock disaster, Broughton has been gunning it ever since. I made about 100k out of those trades but it probably wasn't worth blowing two trades and losing Broughton's points.

At least you didn't trade Riewoldt for him :eek:

Riewoldt played poor opposition in his first 5 games and only scored above 80 points once against the Gold Coast, and was coming up to a point where the Saints had 5 difficult games in a row. I traded him out for Cloke who had played 3 out of 4 good teams and scored above 90 3 out of 4 times, and had games against the Bulldogs, Brisbane, Melbourne and Gold Coast in his near future.

Since I made this trade, Riewoldt has averaged 89.6 with only one score below 78 and Travis Cloke has averaged 64.8 with every score below 78. There's no logic to this game sometimes.

A couple of insane trades I'm considering this week..

N Riewoldt > Cloke. Sideways trade with a 103k profit
..if Cloke doesn't work out, I have Zorko at F8 who's doing ok at the minute.

Horsley > Sylvia = 7k profit (and 2 DP's in the mids)
or if Trelaor gets dropped this week, Treloar > Sylvia = 30k profit
(hard to believe that Sylvia would ever be a downgrade target for 1st year rookies, yet here we are) o_O

I've had Sylvia in previous years and whilst he has always been up and down like a yo-yo he is more than capable of busting out 140+'s. I just find it hard to believe that a mid/fwd premo such as Sylvia will continue to average 47 for the rest of the year. I realise he missed early games due to suspension and injury and started as sub a couple of times in his first few games back. He is also spending way too much time in the forward line for DT purposes, but he's a 26 year old former #3 draft pick who would be looking to finish his career at Melbourne on a high so he can command decent $$$ at his new club next year...surely he will pull his finger out sometime soon?

...or wind up in the VFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Confessions of a try hard Dream Teamer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back