Congrats Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

It was pumped up to be the game of the round and it delivered. Really great to see the Pies step up and really take on some top quality opposition.

What a game. Dogs will be there. However it's the same questions so far as last year:

If you put enough pressure on the dog's midfield they have no contested mark in the forward line. Well; that's my opinion.

Barry Who?

Great contest from the Dogs for about 30 minutes there... pies too good in thend!

In a fantastic game, we were outplayed across the ground. Maxwell was superb.

Well done and look forward to our next meeting. :)

Thank you Dry Rot and Ant.

I think you guys probably missed Morris a fair bit. Maybe Johnno was a little underdone aswell?

He started really well, but seemed to have less influence later?

Barry fitted in well and will be great this year.

Exciting year ahead for both teams, as we all thought in the pre game threads.

In a fantastic game, we were outplayed across the ground. Maxwell was superb.

Well done and look forward to our next meeting. :)
Cheers Dry Rot.
Great start for the year. I was happy with any margin, so long as we got the points.

Thanks Dry Rot & Ant :thumbsu:

Was great to see a game that really wasn't decided until well into the last quarter. No doubt both teams are going to be in the thick of it come September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too good on the day.

Nice to see some humility, wipe away the stereotypes that you mob are feral and just plain c***s.

Good luck in '10 guys.

Too good on the day.

Nice to see some humility, wipe away the stereotypes that you mob are feral and just plain c***s.

Good luck in '10 guys.
Thanks guys, what a refreshing change to have opo supporters coming to our board to congats us after we have won against them. Class!!! It's a measure of the high regard that we have for your team that we think so much of this win. In WA here we couldn't watch the game but the commentary on the radio made seem like one real high quality match. In fact the commentators couldn't stop raving about the quality for a first round match. Good luck for the rest of the year (except against us of course).

Thanks Doggies supporters.

I feel sorry for the Tigers next week, Dogs will be keen to bounce back.

I don't feel sorry for them at all. Need to work off some frustration :thumbsu:.

Congrats on the win today. Well played. Your mids really killed us on the rebound breaking forward.
A few weeks back I said we needed to beat the Dog's and Saints in our early season games and to do that we had to win the midfield. We passed the first step and did it without Jolly winning in the ruck and without much influence from Ball. I agree with you that we won in the midfoeld which is where you have got us on previous occassions. That was pretty close to our best 22. You will get more from Jphnson and Morris is a big out. I reckon by September we wil be evenly matched.

Well done, just far to good on the day. You guys punished us early and we had to play catch up for the rest of the game which doesn't work against quality opposition.

I really love the way the Collingwood backline works. I rate them as highly as ours (Although today ours was woeful). Mid's killed us for most of the game as well.

Hopefully we can split the series next time we play although I would have rathered a Round 1 win. Oh well one of us had to lose. :(

Good luck for the rest of the year. :thumbsu:

Thanks guys, it was a very good standard for a round 1 match, but also needs to be taken in the context of a round 1 match. Stacks of water to go under the bridge yet. ;)

Good work Doggies, my respect goes up a notch. I had the Doggies as premiers pre-season. If we can't win it, I'm all with the Dogs.

Re the forward line (and Dogggioes defence) I think our structure might have been a bit different this time with Bucks taking the helm. A press up to the midfield opening up space for smaller forwards to run into on the switch.

Well this is the first game for maybe 10 years I haven't seen live by choice. (ie. I'm under the thumb) and I''m staggered by the humility and fair play by you dogs supporters. Out of the last four times I've left a dogs game I've had people bark in my face. Mind you I'm no mute. Putting aside the severe depression I've expereinced from not attending the pies games this year this lack of human barking has pleased me greatly. As a side bar...WTF is with channel 7...now I know what all the complaints are about.

Cheers

P.S Presti owns Hall

Congratulations Pies, you were very good today. Harry O was brilliant, Didak and Swan worked hard - very good across the ground effort by your team. We did have some players out but still should not have played so badly (are you sure Minson is not on your payroll:eek:).

Thanks to those supporters who have shown a bit of humility and been gracious in winning - and for those who haven't just remember we beat Geelong Round 1 2007........

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back