Congratulations Cyril Rioli on100 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

As strange as it may sound, Cyril has so much more upside it is a scary proposition. Has definately played a lot more minutes in spurts in the midfield and his movement in and out of packs is sublime.

Best wishes for another 200 games with the Hawks Cyril.

Who can get their hands on the highlight package the club will be showing? :)

Very enjoyable footballer to watch, going to get better and better me thinks.

*someone who is capable should seriously put a package together......please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Words can't describe how much man love I have for Cyril. I still remember watching his first interview video from the Hawks website at the beginning of the '08 season and thinking to myself that through this shy, retiring type of a guy we'd have a star on our hands soon enough. 100 games later and he's still causing me to giggle with glee almost every week.
Equal with Franklin as easily the most exciting player as the competition. I count my blessings daily that we have these blokes running around for us.

Congratulations on your 100th, Cyril. May there be many more to come.

I hope the club give can give out like small banners to our supporters outside Etihad on the night saying... 'DELICIOUS' that way everytime Cyril kicks a goal, we would flash the banner in joy. ;)

Congratz Cyril on your 100th game! wow it's come quick :)

A mate of mine was involved in recruitment with the Adelaide Crows and I saw a package of young talent likely to be drafted. I remember seeing Rioli and thinking how much I'd love to have him at Hawthorn.

Apparently the Crows were very interested in Rioli but when they tried to interview him they weren't impressed by his apparent lack of interest, so they set their sights elsewhere. Little did they realise that was Cyril being Cyril, doesn't talk himself up, just gets it done on the field.

He's been an absolute gem for 100 games, hopefully we see many more in a Hawks jumper.

Superstar is the only way to describe this bloke, some of the highlights he has put together over that first 100 games is as good as you will see but I have to say my most fond memories of Cyril are 1) Beating the three Geelong players out on the wing in the 08 Grand Final and 2) His yo-yo front and centre goal in the 08 Grand Final, he is a champion :thumbsu:

Those 100 games have snuck up as quickly as he does on an unsuspecting defender. He's one of the greatest joys to watch on a footy field, lets hope for a blinder to celebrate against the evil bombers this week.

Congratulations Cyril for the great enjoyment you have given me, and may it continue for many years to come.

I remember saying to a friend in Cyril's first first year how much he reminded me of G Ablett Jnr.

We are spoiled to have two of the best in our team. Now all we need are a few premierships.

"he won't ever need to know the way to Box Hill" was apparently mentioned by coaches shortly after his drafting

And he doesn't. He's never played for Box Hill.

Though he did do a meet'n'greet session at Box Hill Officeworks last Sunday, so he might have driven past Box Hill City Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations Cyril Rioli on100 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back