Congratulations Cyril Rioli on100 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

i wrote this in another Cyril thread..."And Cyril - apart from his football skills, he just seems like a really well grounded, humble young man. Strong ties to his family in NT - he will be a leader amongst his people i am sure. We are very lucky to have a young fella of his skill, work ethic and character at hawthorn."

Not to mention, I would take Cyril's game of 19 touches (or the 12 touches in the 2008 GF) than Swans' 49 any day of the week.

Please accept my contrafibularities Cyril. You leave me frasmotic each time you perform a delicious pericombobulation around one of your opponents.

Cyril is easily my favourite player. For most of my time supporting the Hawks since the early nineties, I have wished for a player about half as exciting as Cyril. I would have of course wished for someone as good as Cyril, but didn't think it was possible for anyone to be as delicious as Cyril.

I was just thinking in the last week that he must be close to 100 games.

Hopefully he plays 300 more games that leaves all our opponents anaspeptic.

Went to Cyril's first senior game, am so incredibly annoyed I won't be able to make it to his 100th because of work.

When I first saw him in action I thought "he's something special" and like a lot of people now realise this is an understatement.

A mate of mine was involved in recruitment with the Adelaide Crows and I saw a package of young talent likely to be drafted. I remember seeing Rioli and thinking how much I'd love to have him at Hawthorn.

Apparently the Crows were very interested in Rioli but when they tried to interview him they weren't impressed by his apparent lack of interest, so they set their sights elsewhere. Little did they realise that was Cyril being Cyril, doesn't talk himself up, just gets it done on the field.

He's been an absolute gem for 100 games, hopefully we see many more in a Hawks jumper.

Yeah I remember hearing this story, I'm so glad Adelaide weren't impressed and left him for us!

In saying that though, Adelaide wouldn't change it either, with Dangerfield.

Congratulations Cyril! I can't believe how lucky I am to be a Hawthorn supporter atm with 2 absolute excitement machines in Buddy and Cyril. Buddy is a champion of the game already and let's hope Cyril turns into one too!

Good work Junior boy, here's hoping we see another 100 games filled full of highlights.

Was at the Carlton vs Bulldogs game at the weekend and one of the Blues supporters behind us started carrying on about how Eddie Betts was better the Rioli, I just had to laugh. I know who I'd rather have in our team and it's certainly not the guy who plays in Lance Whitnalls shorts;)

With the week the hawthorn fc has been through and with Cryils 100th im thinking we will rise to the occassion and abseloutley flog the scums...
Our little boy has all grown up now.....

Love watching him play even though sometimes you don't quite know what he's going to do from one minute to the next.
I seem to recall when he was drafted he wasn't that happy about coming to the Hawks wasn't he a Bombers fan? Someone correct if i'm wrong.

Love watching him play even though sometimes you don't quite know what he's going to do from one minute to the next.
I seem to recall when he was drafted he wasn't that happy about coming to the Hawks wasn't he a Bombers fan? Someone correct if i'm wrong.
That was overblown in the media.

His actual statement at the time was something along the lines of "it would've been good to go to Essendon, but I'm happy to have been selected by Hawthorn".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was overblown in the media.

His actual statement at the time was something along the lines of "it would've been good to go to Essendon, but I'm happy to have been selected by Hawthorn".

I'm sure his love for the Hawks is huge now. :D

I remember a few Essendon mates of mine back a couple of years ago would tell me it won't be long until Cyril leaves Hawthorn for his beloved Bombers. The thought of that ever happening makes me so ill. Hawk for life he will be and a champion at that.

That 2008 crumb off Buddy in the GF still gives me goosebumps. When Cyril slotted that I first started thinking we could win this. Keep up the good work Cyril and Congrats.

Going to draw a very long bow here...

There is a great line in "Michael Jordan to the Max" where Phil Jackson talks about MJ being conscious of the fans who come along to a Bulls game who have never seen Jordan play before, and Phil says, Michael is conscious of wanting to perform night in night out and show the fans his unique talent as it might be their only ever opportunity to see him play basketball.

Like I said, it's a long bow, but I reckon that might dawn on Cyril at some point in his career. He and Buddy already brings people through the gates more any other players in the league as their unique ability is once in a generation and such a pleasure to watch as a footy fan.

Well done on a fantastic 100 games Junior! I hope its just the entree.

We love you Cyril.

More of this, please.

That footage says it all really, turns stink into perfume and leaves them clutching for air all around him. I remember watching Cyril in awe throughout 2008 - outmarking Harley and Taylor in a key contest late in the year, then ripping them apart with the fat man on GF day.

My bro in law turned to me during the Geelong game early this year, and said "it's like he's on another level".My bro in law is a one eyed, overly biased Cats supporter no less.

Cyril is on another level. It's his own. Not seen a guy impact a contest the way he can ever. He's like a damn jack russell on a soccer ball, all agility, speed and control. No human has the right to do what he does. Love him, congrats little man, may there be a couple of hundred more (injury free) in the brown and gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations Cyril Rioli on100 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back