Congratulations Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Great effort Essendon, very impressive.

I loved that shot of Melksham kicking the goal from the goal square in the last few minutes as the cheersquad rose as one. Exhilarating stuff.:thumbsu:

Seriously though, how long was that last quarter?? I thought we were going to go down in the 35th minute or something haha.

Well done Dons!

What a great game of footy. You blokes were so hungry. Desperation made you look like stars.

Easily one of the most enjoyable games of the season. It would have been wrong if we had pipped that one.

I was going to cheer for Geelong in the finals and you've just sealed the deal. A bit of pace from Varcoe around the forward line and clear heads from Milburn and Corey would have been handy for you mob tonight. Maybe our injuries helped us to get a bigger under dog status then we deserved. It certainly freed up Hawthorn last week.

Tonight was everything that's great about footy. I was thinking of not going because the losses were beginning to get depressing, but went anyway and was thrilled by an unlikely win! My heart was in my mouth the whole final quarter, it definitely could have gone either way. So pumped from the win!

Have been getting shit from some Cats supporters in the office all week, can't wait to catch up with them on Monday!

Well done and a great win Bombers, those are the games that keep us all coming back aren't they. I would have still felt like we lost even if we had pinched it. I thought we were outplayed all night , and no umpire influence either way!

The Bombers withstood multiple challenges from the Cats all night and never gave up the lead after the first quarter - very impressive win.
:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things stood out:
1. Intensity (Where did that come from?)
2. Game plan (McCartney and Thompson earned their dough)

Thought the umpires were uncommonly good tonight too.

Hope your 50,000 members got their money's worth tonight.

Football can be a funny game.

Inside 50's

Geelong 59 - conversion goals 27%
Essendon 44 - conversion goals 38%

The opposite to what happened against Melbourne and Richmond.

Well done Essendon. Very impressed by the way you turned your game plan around to beat us.

We were out coached but it takes 22 players to implement the game plan and I don't think you had a weak link all night.

Essendon coaching staff need a big pat on the back I think, they really put things in place to stop Geelong from having things their way. Great effort by the team and the kids stepped up, although at times missed targets which I think could of helped them win by 5 or 6 goals, but in the end a great effort that hopefully they will learn from and look back at this game as a standard they need to reach week in week out. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back