Congratulations Julia

Remove this Banner Ad

Oor Wally

Team Captain
Feb 12, 2008
launceston
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Won her position comfortable over the rugby lover.
What you think about her politics is incidental.
She comes over as a friendly person, loves the bulldogs and is a good ambassador for the club

I've moved this to off-topic because it doesn't really have much to do with the football outside of it being about Gillard who is a big name fan of the team. Everyone just keep this civil because I'd prefer that a political bitchfest not start immediately.

Won her position comfortable over the rugby lover.
What you think about her politics is incidental.
She comes over as a friendly person, loves the bulldogs and is a good ambassador for the club

Agree - it's pretty big to have the PM as our #1 fan and from that point of view good to see her do well :thumbsu:

Opinion could say that it is not a good move for the ALP. The caucus may have the power to elect the PM from within, but the people have the power as to who gets elected and who doesnt.

But from a club perspective, its coverage and exposure that we/it needs and benefits from :)

Political preferences are irrelevant: the exposure she gives to the club is of immense value.

Being able to tell your kids/grandchildren/their friends, etc that the PM supports your club is a good way to impress them and get them on board.
Having Mission's brand name flashed on the screen on every major channel's news program must have delighted our major sponsors (who I note have just renewed for 3 years!)
Hobnobbing it with the PM is probably an unexpected bonus for the younger players, especially if they had fears they were going to an unfashionable club.
Seeing the PM wear a WB badge in Question Time or wearing a WB scarf out and about must have a subliminal effect on those outsiders curious about our game. I think she even presented Obama with one didn't she? How good is that!
And so on ...

So regardless of your political preferences, her victory in the spill is a good thing for our club.

is it good though?

she has little media presence for a political leader, and comes across as not being in control

media exposure on a national level for a sporting club is beyond politics (or one should hope)

Yes i agree with you all,i think its great having a liar and the worst Prime Minister
this country has ever seen as our No 1 ticket holder.

Yes i agree with you all,i think its great having a liar and the worst Prime Minister
this country has ever seen as our No 1 ticket holder.

Geez, some people just can't help themselves can they?

I don't give a shit what party or leader you support, let's just keep the political sniping out of it. Save your political comments for one of the thousands of political blogs out there.

This is a footy board. Don't you get it?

And for those who would like us to be even handed, let's remember that we also benefited from the Howard government (WO redevelopment funding).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back