Women's Footy Congratulations to Chelsea & Erin - Most Courageous and MVP!

Remove this Banner Ad

Say what?

Well we did have two instead of one and most people think of a single captain. I do wonder a little if that might be a consolation prize the players did? She is held in very high regard by a lot of those Victorian players who have either played under her or against her more, so they have seen her captain more than they have Erin and Chelsea.

Hmm this smacks more about herself than her team - http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/no-one-like-the-aflws-best-captain/

"There are few players like Daisy Pearce.

She has a Patrick Dangerfield-like stature in the AFLW and you’d struggle to find a more revered and influential figure than her in the game."

That had to have been written before the season... Also the bit about her having whiplash and not being able to move her neck at all during the week but she wanted to defy the medicos advice and play. That is about HER not about her team in my mind.

Well we did have two instead of one and most people think of a single captain. I do wonder a little if that might be a consolation prize the players did? She is held in very high regard by a lot of those Victorian players who have either played under her or against her more, so they have seen her captain more than they have Erin and Chelsea.
Also, just read it was voted by her peers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/phillips-claims-inaugural-aflw-players-mvp-award/

Compare this to the Daisy article and there is a bit of difference in tone. Add in that they have the headline as there is "no one like" Daisy, especially that no one can inspire young girls to play footy more than Daisy, the fact that Erin is the MVP says that there is someone like her, or more importantly in our eyes, someone better than. :D

Last edited:
Article about Chelsea with quotes from Kellie Gibson about her courage in wanting to further her career and her football 'stupidity' - http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/randall-aflws-first-most-courageous/

“I don’t think any other player has that true ability to go back with the flight like she does.

“I’ve asked her ‘dude, what were you thinking’ and she’s always like ‘I just had to go Gibbo!’, so I’m pretty glad she continually gets back up again.”

Had to be Erin, well done. She is a fierce athlete and clearly on top of the game, but it is her ability to perform clutch that impressed me.

Hmm this smacks more about herself than her team - http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/no-one-like-the-aflws-best-captain/

"There are few players like Daisy Pearce.

She has a Patrick Dangerfield-like stature in the AFLW and you’d struggle to find a more revered and influential figure than her in the game."

That had to have been written before the season... Also the bit about her having whiplash and not being able to move her neck at all during the week but she wanted to defy the medicos advice and play. That is about HER not about her team in my mind.
they got the first part of that sentence right, Dangerfield-like stature for sure, but for being an unbearable, fat-headed flog

Both our captains recognised for amazing seasons, brilliant :thumbsu: Erin thoroughly deserves the MVP and Randall hasn't put a foot wrong the entire time she's been here. Two brilliant choices for captain and two brilliant players :thumbsu: Well done girls!

For some reason I had convinced myself that Randall was nearing the end of her playing career, but she's only 25! I can't wait for many more years of her brilliance and leadership!

Last edited:
they got the first part of that sentence right, Dangerfield-like stature for sure, but for being an unbearable, fat-headed flog

That is very harsh on Daisy, who does do a lot of volunteer work and always has around her football club. She is very driven to play to her best like Danger, but she is revered for being humble by her peers and her teammates adore her. Humble is not a word other players use about Danger.

Also interesting to note that Daisy was the Marquee player of the competition and Erin was a late rookie pick ;) Although I strongly suspect that that rookie pick was more to do around Visa issues being sorted out. :D

It would have been very interesting to see what would have happened if Port had a side. Would Erin have been able to be a marquee player in that case?

When you consider we got Perkins and Phillips after the marquee players AND the draft were finished... honestly we could have finished almost bottom.

Really?

She's a gun no doubt but surely this is just sharing the awards around a bit so Erin doesn't win everything?!

Probably a fair call, but it's not like Pearce doesn't deserve it. It would only be a question of whether Phillips deserves it more and I think the co-captain argument is a reasonable one. Pearce has been fantastic this season and a real ambassador for women's footy in general. Good on her for winning the award :thumbsu:

Glad to see the MVP went to the right person though :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back