Connolly is Insane!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read on the AFL site that Chris Connolly is very keen on Headland, Chick and securing hot draft prospect Danile Wells, yet then goes on to say that he is very much looking forward to having Croad, Brown, Walker and McPhee on board for next year.

So, what does he expect to trade to get some of the above?? Freo must think these guys are just going to come to the club for next to nothing!

But it just baffles me - I mean, if he wants those guys he has mentioned, then he is going to have to offload a bit to get them. If Croad, Walker, McPhee and Brown are staying, and with Bell, Hasleby, Pavlich, Farmer, Longmuir etc. off limits, what in the world do they expect to trade in order to get them?

Pure stupidity that is. Good luck Freo, you won't get anything by the looks of things.

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell
Pure stupidity that is.
I think there is more stupidty being shown by you taking these things at Face value ... what the **** did you think he would say?
Good luck Freo, you won't get anything by the looks of things.
Yep, just like last year hey - when an average 2-20 squad with nothing but a couple of draft picks, picked up 4 very handy players.

Let's wait and see.

Originally posted by kuepper

I think there is more stupidty being shown by you taking these things at Face value ... what the **** did you think he would say?

Yep, just like last year hey - when an average 2-20 squad with nothing but a couple of draft picks, picked up 4 very handy players.

Let's wait and see.

Yeah but you might not be able to cheat the salary cap this year, you wouldnt have gotten both Farmer and McPharlin if it was all legal. And how could your team not improve on 2-20 as you had good young players who had an extra year under their belt so were always going to play better

Let's wait and see.

You got Simmonds for Bandy.
Farmer for Pick 17, and we were ripped off
Croad and McPharlin for your top pick and a few other ones.

I wasn't even talking about last year. I've seen plenty of other coaches come out and say certain players are up for trade - can't see why Connolly can't do the same.

it is called playing your cards close to your chest.
Better to keep your mouth shut and let people assume you're a fool than to open it and prove youself one.

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell
Just read on the AFL site that Chris Connolly is very keen on Headland, Chick and securing hot draft prospect Danile Wells, yet then goes on to say that he is very much looking forward to having Croad, Brown, Walker and McPhee on board for next year.

So, what does he expect to trade to get some of the above?? Freo must think these guys are just going to come to the club for next to nothing!

Somehow I'm sure what he tells the AFL site has very little relation to what he tells the other clubs' recruiting teams. What did you expect him to say - we're trading player X for certain?

Originally posted by rda
Yeah but you might not be able to cheat the salary cap this year, you wouldnt have gotten both Farmer and McPharlin if it was all legal.
I know I shouldnt, but please explain that my friend.

I am very interested, shall be a good laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's wait and see.

Shame you were still s hite regardless and never looked like making the finals.

Shame you can't trade for some heart this week.

Originally posted by Jars458

AHAHAH, good to see you back my pie eating friend.

Lets save this debat til late november, the offseason is far too long for bringing out the big guns of trolling this early.

Originally posted by rda
i think they are willing to part with Daniel Metropolis for any of these players!!

He's still contracted for 2003 and Freo have been unsuccessful in trying to push him into a full time Marketing role to reduce their salary cap. I think Fremantle have no choice but to pay his contract out.

Re: Re: Connolly is Insane!

Originally posted by Mr Q

Somehow I'm sure what he tells the AFL site has very little relation to what he tells the other clubs' recruiting teams. What did you expect him to say - we're trading player X for certain?

Thankyou. Someone with a brain.

We have never been shy of a good trade. In fact, our problems in the past (pre 99) were probably caused by constantly wanting to trade for players.

Originally posted by Jars458

Tis a shame isn't it?? No, not really.

For all the talk you guys do on here, you are yet to see a finals series. You recruit this, recruit that, yet still sit in the bottom half of the ladder without looking like it.

Crying shame that....

Originally posted by sabre_ac
Dont want him if we get Headland.
I would prefer Headland and Chick as chick will come cheaper and I refuse to give up my young gun key position players.

Chick will still demand big bucks mate. After going over the cap last year, I can't see how you guys can fit all this in if all you want to give up is picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Connolly is Insane!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back