List Mgmt. Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to do yourself a favour.

Go to watch him live one day & sit up high in the stands.
Put your binoculars on Lloyd ONLY & watch him go about his business.

Jake Lloyd is perhaps the hardest runner alongside Hanners, that we have in our team.
I can assure you that in no way our club will trade such a player who has these attributes that our coaches value so much.
He very rarely, puts in a below par running effort.
He may let himself down with disposal at times but it is no wonder considering his output.

Harry is a very valued player too. He plays that disciplined lock down role whilst at the same time, becoming an attacking option on the rebound.

Lloyd and Cunningham are far more valuable to us than they would be to other teams. Not just anyone can cover the k's they do in games.

He's a great runner but his size often limits the impact that he can have on games. Just happens that he has such a light frame he can't build it up much more.

He joins the other 99.9% of footballers that aren't perfect.

I have watched Dangerfield over the last few weeks.

He's so good he doesn't need to worry about an opponent apparently.
Perfect for Geelong footy!

It's no wonder they have lost their last two games against teams outside the eight.

In our system, our midfielders all have to be accountable for their opponents.

The reason McVeigh is valued so much at our club is because he is a selfless player that does what is required by the team.
He was a damaging player the other night while he did his role in shutting down Harvey!

He joins the other 99.9% of footballers that aren't perfect.

I have watched Dangerfield over the last few weeks.

He's so good he doesn't need to worry about an opponent apparently.
Perfect for Geelong footy!

It's no wonder they have lost their last two games against teams outside the eight.

In our system, our midfielders all have to be accountable for their opponents.

The reason McVeigh is valued so much at our club is because he is a selfless player that does what is required by the team.
He was a damaging player the other night while he did his role in shutting down Harvey!

Haaaaaave ya met Tedeski!

Great post, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Our system isn't perfect (nothing is) but I love that every player, whether they be flashy superstars or first year rookies, is taught and expected to be accountable and stick to their role. No role is too small or insignificant. We're the definition of a team.

Some will refer back to the 2014 grand final etc. but more often than not the system works. I still put that loss down to the players drinking their own bath water and not knowing how to handle the intoxicating favouritism that we carried into that game. But, I digress.

Some will refer back to the 2014 grand final etc. but more often than not the system works. I still put that loss down to the players drinking their own bath water and not knowing how to handle the intoxicating favouritism that we carried into that game. But, I digress.

I doubt they were drinking their own bather water...quote from the article on Buddy's mental health issues.

When Longmire addressed the AFL Commission after Sydney's 2012 premiership victory he spoke of the prevalence of mental illness within that team and the importance of managing up to five Swans grand final players who suffered to various levels.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...buddy-franklins-recovery-20160526-gp4rrl.html

Yes just saw the email from the club, great news. At one stage I wasn't sure whether he would be able to break into our midfield but to his credit he's forced his way in and looks like he's here to stay.

A few blokes were talking to me about the NKOB's the other day and mentioned Papley, Mills etc. I said "never mind them, Hewett's the one". Absolute gun.

A few blokes were talking to me about the NKOB's the other day and mentioned Papley, Mills etc. I said "never mind them, Hewett's the one". Absolute gun.

Yeah, that's why I thought he could be one who might look for other opportunities elsewhere, but glad we've managed to keep him!

OP updated.

12 senior listed players left plus the rookies

Mitchell, Lloyd and Robinson should be next before we are left to manage the list in regards to rookie upgrades for Papley and Marsh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hewett re-signing deserves many a fist pumping gifs

giphy.gif

QPxdGvz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back