All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Melbourne City
Hello BigFooty Family

I need some help regarding obtaining a contract from my employer. (Im an educator for before and after school)

I signed up for an Educator 2IC role at a new school that opened this year. At the end of last year, I signed a contract variation letter stipulating 38 hours of work per week. I started in this role and conducted my usual duties. Despite my efforts to fulfill those hours, I sometimes fell short by a few hours, and I was never paid for the full contracted hours.

I had signed an initial contract in 2022, that above variation was for this contract in 2022.

When questioned about my hours (why i was doing so many) I explained my reasons within what i signed in the contract and how I was maintaining my workload. I was instructed to reduce my hours (because i was doing too many) but received no formal contract variation.

Later this year, I sought to work closer to home and was told I could work at two maybe 3 different services per week. This was my choice to leave and work closer to home and i would of been happy if they provided an amended variation contract for me to view.

Again, no formal variation letter was provided. I have been working at multiple services with no set roster and no clear indication of my employment status (hours, areas etc). Despite my requests for a roster and an updated contract, I have been told that one cannot be provided.

I only have my initial 2022 contract and initial variation letter

PS I have taken a few personal days off since these changes and have been paid, as well as annual leave balances increasing.

So what am i?

I had signed an initial contract in 2022, that above variation was for this contract in 2022.
This is what you're currently contracted to do

I signed a contract variation letter stipulating 38 hours of work per week.

If nothing has been changed via variation then the above terms associated with the head contract will remain in effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Contracts/ Variation letters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back