Cool Shannon

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
What did we all think of Shannon Byrnes first game. For me he did all one could ask of him, come on in a real tight contest that would not have really suited him, made some great tackles, put a couple of nice pass on the boot, kick a goal that has a big say in winning under pressure, very cool was our Shannon.
For sure he will be on list next year, but it just about signals the death knell for Spriggs. This kids might not have his stamina, but I'd reckon he'd be quicker and his footy skills just eat him up.
Plenty of future for Cool Shannon

Very Happy with him.
He was cool under pressure didnt turn the ball over and he was very accurate.

hes pressure on the man with the ball was first rate and im sure we will see alot more on the midget middy :D

Originally posted by Turbocat

For sure he will be on list next year, but it just about signals the death knell for Spriggs. This kids might not have his stamina, but I'd reckon he'd be quicker and his footy skills just eat him up.
Plenty of future for Cool Shannon

Definetly doesn't have the stamina and I doubt that he'd be quicker but, I think your right that it spells the end for him especially seeing they are relativley the same height.

Re: Re: Cool Shannon

Originally posted by bugeyz
Definetly doesn't have the stamina and I doubt that he'd be quicker but, I think your right that it spells the end for him especially seeing they are relativley the same height.

Shannon is quicker than Spriggs. From memory Shannon finished only behind Tenace and Scarlett in the 10m dash during the offseason.

Originally posted by bugeyz
what about bomber? I would've thought that he was just behind tenace?

Woj would have finished 4th. Scarlett and Byrnes are quicker than Woj over the short distance. Woj might hold the upper hand over 100m though.

Its one thing to run quick it another to do it while controlling the ball. Just by eye Cool Shannon looks to be able to deliever the ball while he is at or close to max velocity with accuracy, possibly the best high speed kick/pass since Riccardi was introduced to our side. OK he may not have Spriggs stamina but with rotations etc quality not quantity is the trend in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool Shannon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back