Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2002
"on the prowl"
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Northern Saints/VFL Pies
CheerSquadFlag.jpg

Remember when this flag goes up and you hear the rumblings of THAT CHANT, stand up and make a goose of yourself to get other pies supporters involved. 90,000 with quite a few Saint's suppooters is going to be a lot harder to get chanting against than the rabble who inhabit AMMI.

So is everyone meeting at the Lexus centre for the walk down?
If i can swap work and do the morning shif isntead of arvo ill be there

Now Tess,

Let's presume for a minute - that the Chant is going to get up and running in these circumstances:

1. We kick a goal
2. We are well in front in the last quarter (usually the ball is in general play and the chant begins) or
3. A four or five goal burst

On most occassions it is option number 2.

Now - when Collingwood kicks a goal - I reckon there will be say - 15,000 Collingwood flags being waved - so spotting that exact flag might prove to be quite difficult.

Secondly, when the ball is general play, I might go out on a limb and say that there will be no flags being waved - so a red flag might stand out a bit.

Thirdly - the last time I checked, Collingwood is the only team with the 'chant' and that 'chant' more often than not begins from the Collingwood cheersquad. I'm not expecting to see any St Kilda flags being waved next to Joffa and his crew. If there was , I'm tipping it wouldn't last very long

My point is - it doesn't f**king matter what colour the f**king flag is. Once the maggies fans hear the chant - they will join in and it will echo around the MCG.

They will not give too hoots if a flag is being waved or not.

GO PIES

Now - when Collingwood kicks a goal - I reckon there will be say - 15,000 Collingwood flags being waved - so spotting that exact flag might prove to be quite difficult.

Secondly, when the ball is general play, I might go out on a limb and say that there will be no flags being waved - so a red flag might stand out a bit.
You seen the size of said flag?

Its massive you will know when it goes up.

Its better as a black and white flag too i never took a liking to the red flag or that gold flag that was made

I got excited when I saw the "Coooooooo" on the main board. Thought Collingwood fans were preparing themselves to join in on the Coon chant next time we play ya :p

I've seen it - but I prefer to keep my eyes on the game and whats happening out on the ground.

The chant itself encourages fellow maggies fans to join in and make it resinate throughout the stadium. Not a flag.

Now Tess,

Let's presume for a minute - that the Chant is going to get up and running in these circumstances:

1. We kick a goal
2. We are well in front in the last quarter (usually the ball is in general play and the chant begins) or
3. A four or five goal burst

On most occassions it is option number 2.

Thirdly - the last time I checked, Collingwood is the only team with the 'chant' and that 'chant' more often than not begins from the Collingwood cheersquad. I'm not expecting to see any St Kilda flags being waved next to Joffa and his crew. If there was , I'm tipping it wouldn't last very long

My point is - it doesn't f**king matter what colour the f**king flag is. Once the maggies fans hear the chant - they will join in and it will echo around the MCG.

They will not give too hoots if a flag is being waved or not.

GO PIES

I'm with you I can't see why we needed someone waving a well what was a RED flag to start the chant instead of just chanting and getting others involved. Just the usual someone wanted to be seen ...... waving a red flag!

If we just concentrate on supporting instead of the fringe stuff it works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me, but is anyone else not a fan of this chant when it is done too early???

The collingwood slow chant should never be brought out prior to being either 5 mins to go or 50 points up in the last quarter.

Is it just me, but is anyone else not a fan of this chant when it is done too early???

The collingwood slow chant should never be brought out prior to being either 5 mins to go or 50 points up in the last quarter.

Nope, the earlier the better. Get the crowd involved and let the players know they're being supported. Makes a huge difference.

Start it at first goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coooooo lllliiiiiiinnnnnggggggg woooooooooood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back