Copeland Trophy Night - Sold Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Copeland trophy sold out

I take it your a legends member?

As unfortunate as it is unless your a club 5 member the odds were against you. Because when being realistic in regards to demand there are 1750 tickets available to between 9 and 10 thousand legend and club 5 members (if you have any other type of membership forget about it unless you're related to someone at the club). Which still leaves you with at best a 1 in 4 chance, but probably closer to a 1 in 5 chance.

You have my sympathy for missing out, but unfortunately its tough for the club to keep everyone happy as 1750 is already a massive crowd for a B&F.

I guess the club could fix it in future by creating a waiting list for those that miss out each year, but outside of that there is very little they can do.

Wonder if they've considered dispensing with the whole sit down meal thing and hosting the evening at Rod Laver Arena or Hisense Arena or AAMI Park.

That way as many members could be hosted as want to come.

Sure it wouldn't be so classy. But I reckon your average Club 5 or Legends member wouldn't need a chicken or beef selection to be impressed.

I too spent around an hour on the phone trying to get through. A little disappointed, however im happy i will now not need to fork out for the ticket and for a suit :rolleyes:
Ill probably just sit back on watch it on the net instead

Yeah, A legends member. Last year it was online and over the phone. We got tickets straight away on the net. Oh well Im sure I can find something else to spend my $450 on instead of going to the Copeland.

Yeah, A legends member. Last year it was online and over the phone. We got tickets straight away on the net. Oh well Im sure I can find something else to spend my $450 on instead of going to the Copeland.
There's a certain event on the Saturday before the Copeland you may be needing that 450 for.;):D

Wonder if they've considered dispensing with the whole sit down meal thing and hosting the evening at Rod Laver Arena or Hisense Arena or AAMI Park.

That way as many members could be hosted as want to come.

Sure it wouldn't be so classy. But I reckon your average Club 5 or Legends member wouldn't need a chicken or beef selection to be impressed.

That would suck. It shouldn't be a stadium deal, accept the fact it's limited numbers and first come first served. It's an exclusive event.

to give some credit, once the official function was sold out, the club started selling extra seats in the River room at Crown and sell space at the Westpac centre where people could watch it on the screen.

I don't have a ticket, I didn't bother trying. I went last year and even though I had an enjoyable night, I could replicate the experience by jamming myself onto a peak hour train with an esky and some average food and watching the event on an iPad.

That would suck. It shouldn't be a stadium deal, accept the fact it's limited numbers and first come first served. It's an exclusive event. ...

Really? A stadium would be worse than a crowded peak hour train? I take your point that it's a step down from the Crown Palladium - but many 'exclusive events' these days are held at stadiums - concerts, political / religious / business speakers, etc.

By 'exclusive event' do you mean 'classy' or do you mean 'only special go'? If the latter, well, a stadium would still be exclusive to Collingwood members, just you'd get more of them in there.

(By the way, totally respect your view, just sayin')

That would suck. It shouldn't be a stadium deal, accept the fact it's limited numbers and first come first served. It's an exclusive event.

to give some credit, once the official function was sold out, the club started selling extra seats in the River room at Crown and sell space at the Westpac centre where people could watch it on the screen.

I don't have a ticket, I didn't bother trying. I went last year and even though I had an enjoyable night, I could replicate the experience by jamming myself onto a peak hour train with an esky and some average food and watching the event on an iPad.

You forgot the bit about tossing away $225 when you get onto the train :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Copeland Trophy Night - Sold Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back