Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
Grand Final preview right here. It is the only time the two sides will clash before the Finals. Cora Lynn currently sit undefeated and have the home ground advantage, while Nar Nar Goon have been in good form of late and get Brett Dore and one of the Jones brothers back from suspension. Should be a cracker.

Sportsbet has listed the current odds at:
Cora Lynn - $1.75
Nar Nar Goon - $2.10

My tip is Nar Nar Goon by 12 points.

Yep, should be an absolute bottler of a game all being equal.

NNG in very good form at the moment, gave Catani a belting on the weekend without there CHF and FF (Dore and C.Jones). With them coming back in they will be even stronger. There will be a couple doubtful from the weekend's game but if they do come up NNG will be close to full strength.

Cora Lynn had a scare against Nyora but other than that have been in good form and seem to be close to full strength as well.

Who will be some of the key match ups on the weekend do we think?

Dore vs Kimber? Allen? O'hara?
Will Payne get Wade again?
Williams vs Bradshaw or Withers possibly?
How will the Goon match up with Cora Lynn's potent forward line? The goon backs have conceded the least points against, Cora Lynn's forwards have scored the most points for.
Horaczko vs Simpkin/Mulcahy in the ruck. On paper, that looks a win to Cora Lynn but the NNG pair have been holding there own of late.

It's a long way out to be calling it a Grand Final preview but all looks good for a great game of local footy on Sunday.

Horasko will kill them, NNG ruckman were terrible against us. SHould be close game, from all reports CL backline isnt that strong so if NNG can win in the midfield it will be a close game. If CL get on top in the midfield there forward line is very potent.

Yeah they were that day, well until Bully ran out of puff and our blokes jumped all over him late. But you're right they were well beaten most of the day and I guess it is a weakness of NNG.

Dore v Kimber will be a good matchup if it eventuates. Not sure who else Cora Lynn would have to go with Dore. O'Hara certainly couldn't run with him.

Nar Nar Goon are going to need to have two quick defenders who are strong overhead to match up on Runnells and Robinson. Most sides don't even have one let alone two. Balraj from all reports is a dud so can't see him having an impact.

Wouldn't think Payne would go to Wade. Bradshaw would be probably the only one in the CL side with the tank to go with Wade. Payne would be a better matchup for Oldmeadow.

Williams v Withers would be a good matchup and would play a big roll in determining the winner.

Yeah they were that day, well until Bully ran out of puff and our blokes jumped all over him late. But you're right they were well beaten most of the day and I guess it is a weakness of NNG.

For most of the day Bully was winning every hit out, tired late on the big ground. Has been really good for us this year, gets his hand on it more times than not and hits it to good spots. And can ruck nearly all day.

Its NNG only real weakness i reckon.

I think Balraj is injured, finger or hand so might not be playing.

Payne tagged (tried to anyway) Wade last time and Wade had it about 40 times. I doubt whether they go with it again but they might. I can't remember exactly but i reckon Williams and Bradshaw have gone head to head in the past, but now that they have Withers, he might match up with Williams and Bradshaw with Wade as you suggested.

Goon should match up ok with Cora Lynn's forwards, as I said in my previous post the Goon defence has been pretty miserly this year. How big is Robinson Surkin?

For most of the day Bully was winning every hit out, tired late on the big ground. Has been really good for us this year, gets his hand on it more times than not and hits it to good spots. And can ruck nearly all day.

Its NNG only real weakness i reckon.

I think Balraj is injured, finger or hand so might not be playing.

Did you just re-word what i originally posted?

Robinson probably around the 6 foot mark but strong overhead and has a good leap so plays taller. Hard matchup as he is too quick for most big blokes and too good overhead for most smalls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha stanley, I played on matty for about 5 minutes in the first quarter and went back onto Brodie Howe because he was a little too quick for our back line at the time... Wade played well that game anyway, but our midfield beat the convincingly

Ok fair enough, i just remember standing out front of the rooms there and seeing you try rough wadey up near the boundary line in front of me, then follow him round for a while. I just assumed you played on him all day.

From memory though, NNG had most of the play that day but missed a heap of shots at goal. I don't reckon your midfield won convincingly at all.

Always spend a bit of time on him when we play, usually when he's resting forward...

Should be a good game sunday, always nice to play in front of a big crowd and these games are generally among the highlights of the season, one a few genuine rivals we have in the edfl

Always spend a bit of time on him when we play, usually when he's resting forward...

Should be a good game sunday, always nice to play in front of a big crowd and these games are generally among the highlights of the season, one a few genuine rivals we have in the edfl

The league should schedule 2 of these games every year between big rivals. The draw is not even anyway so would make a difference and would even out over the years. We should play Poowong and LL twice every year, CL and the goon. Bunyip V Long etc.

Ah ok, maybe thats where i was getting confused.

Yeah should be a ripper, they are generally tight, tough games and should be a massive crowd in being a Sunday too. I know of a fair few that will be heading down for a look from outside the comp.

I wish the papers would stop reporting NNG recruit Zajac as a ruckman. Fair dinkum, he has probably gone up for about 10 ruck contests this year. Should do a good job on Robinson if put on him.

Cora Lynn by 16 points
Withers B.O.G

Should be a great day down at the cobra dome !! :thumbsu:

I just got back from a trip to the future. Have a copy of next weeks gazette.

Nar Nar Goon 13.16.94 def Cora Lynn 12.10.82

Nar Nar Goon
Goalkickers: Dore 4, McConnell 2, Howe 2, C.Jones 2, Oldmeadow 1, Stocco 1, Kelly 1
Best: Dore, Zajac, Oldmeadow, Hallinan, Kelly, Wade

Cora Lynn
Goalkickers: Balraj 3, M.Duiker 2, Robinson 2, Foreman 1, Helsby 1, Saunders 1, Runnalls 1, J.Duiker 1
Best: M.Duiker, Allen, Kimber, Bradshaw, Balraj, Hall

Remove this Banner Ad

Cora Lynn v Nar Nar Goon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back