Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you wear a mask for 8 plus hours a day? if not then your opinion is frankly irrelevant

My job requires me to wear a mask 8 hours a day. Have been doing it for the past 10 years.

It is was it is and it’s just a mask. Not going to hurt anyone in general.

Although the most annoying thing is I now have to wear a mask outside of work hours.

Booked 5 nights in ACT for third week of Feb, praying for boarders to stay open. Hope vic doesn't stuff up with all these tennis players running around.
24hrs later, you couldn't make this shit up. Could see the blundering idiot Daniel Andrews screwing this up from a mile away.

We need to get to the ACT because the missus must go to the embassy, can't mail the paper work.

My toilet paper got delivered yesterday by coincidence so I'm safe. Hopefully nothing comes from this. Must admit I wasn't too fussed about holding the Aus open but must admit I was wrong, no risk should have been taken. Victoria has had some bad luck with covid but in this instance we really were inviting bad luck. I'm not panicking yet and I'm optimistic we can get ontop of a potential outbreak.

We don't. We send vaccines to the embassies/consulates via diplomatic bag and travellers with bookings get told to come in.
Well we don't currently have a distributable vaccine in Australia so it's a moot point until we do and doesn't help the current issue. Even when we get to that point, I feel it would be a lot harder than that.

The way vaccines work makes it harder than that. You don't just inject someone with it and they're immune. You need to inject enough people with it that you are able to wipe out the virus. Injecting a few Aussies in the UK won't make them immune when the rest of the country is rampant.

I mean i guess i am techincally panic buying, but if were to catagorize it Im not rushing out to buy milk and butter to freeze.

My thought process is literally "i hope people dont panic buy again... if they do i might not have any TP... I could grab a 6 pack to be safe and then i dont have to go to the shops again for aaaaaaages".

Passive panic buying?
yeah but that would be the mind set of panic buyers, if I don't grab this now I could run out

It's just a case of how extreme

It's also human nature, just look at the stock market

Given how hard it was to arrange overseas testing prior to boarding planes I don't see them vaccinating new arrivals right now.

Vaccinate the frontline staff on our side, thats something we can control, once we actually get some vaccines to distribute

That is the current issue

A good starting point would be for people to stop watching the news. We've got to learn to live with this. Having such a small number of cases in the community is what we should consider the norm.

Losing your mind over 1 case here and there for another 12 months will send you insane.

Hospitals are more than capable of dealing with the very, very minute percentage of people that would require treatment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vaccinate the returnees and its problem solved
They are on a waiting list to get a plane home, start jabbing them a few weeks before they get on the plane
It won't be 'problem solved'. A lot of people are going to be sorely disappointed when we're sitting here in 12 months time and vaccination program well under way, yet many restrictions still in place, international borders effectively closed and every state 1 community case away from lockdown.

Thank you for the early heads up Mr Marshall. I can now cancel my lunchtime flight to Melbourne

People entering from Greater Melbourne will need to have a PCR test (the usual nose and throat swab) on day 1, 5 and 12 in South Australia and isolate after the first test pending a negative result.

It won't be 'problem solved'. A lot of people are going to be sorely disappointed when we're sitting here in 12 months time and vaccination program well under way, yet many restrictions still in place, international borders effectively closed and every state 1 community case away from lockdown.
When the only source of infection is from OS you tap that on the head and its BAU

Obviously we need to open international borders eventually

Every tourist inbound or outbound will need to be vaxed
The leaks stop

I mean i guess i am techincally panic buying, but if were to catagorize it Im not rushing out to buy milk and butter to freeze.

My thought process is literally "i hope people dont panic buy again... if they do i might not have any TP... I could grab a 6 pack to be safe and then i dont have to go to the shops again for aaaaaaages".

Passive panic buying?

Just ducked into Coles to grab a few things, grabbed a couple of packets of TP while I was there. It's a pretty good special and I always stock up on it if there's a good special on. I'll carry 3 months worth at home.

Can Victorians on this board summarise what this means for Victoria? Is there a possibility of a return to the second wave lockdowns or is the plan to just go with the Christmas/NYE style restrictions?

Also:

A 26-year-old worker at a Melbourne quarantine hotel who returned a positive COVID-19 test yesterday is a "model employee" who followed all safety protocols, Premier Daniel Andrews says.

If true it suggests that current protocols aren't good enough - is it linked to the UK variant being more infectious?

When the only source of infection is from OS you tap that on the head and its BAU

Obviously we need to open international borders eventually

Every tourist inbound or outbound will need to be vaxed
The leaks stop
That's reliant on a lot of assumptions:
- vaccines 100% prevent people from contracting and transmitting the virus
- the above holds true for all of the different vaccines each country will use
- vaccine records for travellers are reliable

Any if those assumptions fail and you will get local community cases, and I've seen no evidence of any willingness at government or public level to accept that in Australia.

Can Victorians on this board summarise what this means for Victoria? Is there a possibility of a return to the second wave lockdowns or is the plan to just go with the Christmas/NYE style restrictions?

Also:

If true it suggests that current protocols aren't good enough - is it linked to the UK variant being more infectious?
currently in christmas new years style restrictions

currently in christmas new years style restrictions

I assume this will be the default level until contact tracing and isolation is complete?

Is this linked to the Australian Open? If so, that's going to be a bad look for the Premier.

Hope the Vics beat this one again.

My job requires me to wear a mask 8 hours a day. Have been doing it for the past 10 years.

It is was it is and it’s just a mask. Not going to hurt anyone in general.

Although the most annoying thing is I now have to wear a mask outside of work hours.
Wrong it does hurt i have sores and shit all over my ears

I assume this will be the default level until contact tracing and isolation is complete?

Is this linked to the Australian Open? If so, that's going to be a bad look for the Premier.

Hope the Vics beat this one again.
yes its an Aus Open hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back