Corperate boxes

Remove this Banner Ad

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who goes to the footy and uses and like their company has a corperate box at the footy like MCG Marvel etc......

If i had the $ ill buy one for the season.

this is my style.

Its unrushed relaxed and comfy too.

Used to go to my dads company box as a kid at the MCG in the cricket season in the 1980's and 1990s i thought it was great.

Any one have a box or goes in them for the game.

Really nice.

I've been in the corporate boxes plenty of times.

They are good as far as the free food and piss go but I'm not a fan if my team is playing as you lose the atmosphere

Who goes to the footy and uses and like their company has a corperate box at the footy like MCG Marvel etc......

If i had the $ ill buy one for the season.

this is my style.

Its unrushed relaxed and comfy too.

Used to go to my dads company box as a kid at the MCG in the cricket season in the 1980's and 1990s i thought it was great.

Any one have a box or goes in them for the game.

Really nice.

You were the kid who used to call into the Coodabeens radio show weren’t you?

it has to be you Timmy..now posting here 40 years later

Here’s you talking after Digger..who was probably no doubt your dad.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can open the windows - and it is a a big crowd - the atmosphere is good. Having worked at Spotless at the MCG you are getting incredibly ripped off with the food though.

Corporate boxes are a rip off in terms of prices. When its your money being spent, its hard work You sit down afterwards to enjoy.

Have wondered this myself in recent months. I'd love to fly my dad over to Melbourne next year and host him in a corprorate box for a North game for his birthday.

I found this, but the info is pretty limited unless you actually start contacting people.

EDIT: Also found this when I was looking for the above link, which seems to show that you can hire a Corporate Box at Marvel/MCG from between $400-$700 per person.

Do you know what one costs by chance? Ball park, I know it varies according to what you want.

Not recently, they are a range. The big boxes for the multi national types, that can be shared, through to equally expensive smaller boxes that smaller businesses can afford.
Like all things if the uptake is good the price goes up & for one of use, dearer again.
I'm on a list with a former supplier who offers me a seat at Docklands when he cant find a current client to fill a seat.

Have wondered this myself in recent months. I'd love to fly my dad over to Melbourne next year and host him in a corprorate box for a North game for his birthday.

I found this, but the info is pretty limited unless you actually start contacting people.

EDIT: Also found this when I was looking for the above link, which seems to show that you can hire a Corporate Box at Marvel/MCG from between $400-$700 per person.

Have you rung the stadium manager ?

Not recently, they are a range. The big boxes for the multi national types, that can be shared, through to equally expensive smaller boxes that smaller businesses can afford.
Like all things if the uptake is good the price goes up & for one of use, dearer again.
I'm on a list with a former supplier who offers me a seat at Docklands when he cant find a current client to fill a seat.

Same, whenever I have been in a box it has been via a supplier.

The previous company I worked for had a table at the Swans ‘Chairman’s Lounge’ every game and I got to go a couple of times each season.

All very nice - three course meal, unlimited drinks before and during the game, snacks at half time and then more drinks after the game. Plus speeches, some of which were more entertaining than others but there would often be a comedy type like HG Nelson or Tony Squires etc.

Attendees were, of course, a mixed bunch from dedicated Swans fans’ or fans of the opposition (and usually a few ex-players) all the way through to people who wouldn’t have a clue what was going on and were just there for the free feed and booze. The latter were often a pain in the arse, talking through the speeches and not even watching the game most of the time.

Anyway, all things consider, not a bad way to watch a game from time to time.

Do you know what one costs by chance? Ball park, I know it varies according to what you want.
Up until last year my company had a 20 person box at the MCG. Fortunately we sold it to WCE just prior to Covid (great move)
It is over 100k per year but you get all events (football, concerts, cricket, ect)
If you really wanted to, you can hire it out for grand final day for nearly 100k just for the day (though who would).
It is a great way to spend time with clients and grow relationships.

As for value for money, we found that we could utilize this money better with various other corporate events, that relates to all types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Corperate boxes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back