Cotchin > Joel Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
This topic was raised on SEN this morning and I agree with Tim Watson, I'd rather have Trent Cotchin. He has better skills, more poise under pressure, has more courage and more potential in the future. Plus the sort of thuggery that Selwood was rubbed out for a few weeks back for that callous attack on his own brother doesn't happen with Cotchin, he's all class and plays the ball the whole time.

Sure, Selwood has a few flags by now but that's due to his good fortune in landing in a good team. Once the mighty Tiges complete their inevitable rise to the top Trent will be our Captain Courageous, the best player in the comp and people will be asking "Joel Who"? :D:thumbsu:

Cotchin by a mile., better kick, better mark, better handballer, better runner, much much much more courageous.

Not to mention he does not cheat for free kicks like the Handbagger does. :thumbsdown:

Selwood by a mile., better kick, better mark, better handballer, better runner, much much much more courageous.

Not to mention he does not cheat for free kicks like the Ninthmonder does.:thumbsdown:

Trent Selwood by a mile., better kick, better mark, better handballer, better runner, much much much more courageous.

Not to mention he does not cheat for free kicks like the Geemonder does.:thumbsdown:

This topic was raised on SEN this morning and I agree with Tim Watson, I'd rather have Trent Cotchin. He has better skills, more poise under pressure, has more courage and more potential in the future. Plus the sort of thuggery that Selwood was rubbed out for a few weeks back for that callous attack on his own brother doesn't happen with Cotchin, he's all class and plays the ball the whole time.

Sure, Selwood has a few flags by now but that's due to his good fortune in landing in a good team. Once the mighty Tiges complete their inevitable rise to the top Trent will be our Captain Courageous, the best player in the comp and people will be asking "Joel Who"? :D:thumbsu:

So true. You know none of our players are actually any good? They're all just fortunate to play in a great team. :rolleyes:

Stupid argument. Cotchin is a sensational player and already my favourite non-Geelong player. Sincerely hope he wins the Brownlow and I reckon he'll get the players' MVP too. Would be an amazing return for a player from a side that hasn't made the finals. Back to the rest of the argument, he's a better kick than Selwood, but I think Selwood's ability to get it out of packs is incredible too.

Very little between them.

Once the mighty Tiges complete their inevitable rise to the top Trent will be our Captain Courageous, the best player in the comp and people will be asking "Joel Who"? :D:thumbsu:

absolutely, cotchin by a mile.

BUT

as for richmonds inevitable rise to the top.

it cant happen, and therefore cotchin will be relegated to just another good player in a bad team, unless richmond bite the bullet while cotchin is in his prime (not 5+ years from now) and recruit KPD's, ready made for the role. i am on a trade martin campaign at present, as he's the bottom of their 'worth anything' list and can be much more easily replaced than can any 6'4" draft pick be groomed into the KP role.

dont waste cotchins time at richmond. build a great defence fast and you just might get somewhere.

Seriously for a sec, Cotchin is a superstar in the making no doubt, Selwood probably already is but they are 2 completely different players so comparing them is a moot point IMO.
Back to the Bay, I love his nickname, Cockchin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotchin by a mile., better kick, better mark, better handballer, better runner, much much much more courageous.

Not to mention he does not cheat for free kicks like the Handbagger does. :thumbsdown:
how predictable that you would hop in like this, obsessed ..

"Joel who" ? More likely to be asking "what was Richmond"?

unfortunately we wont get to see how cockchin performs in finals cos he plays for ninthmond

Selwood must be hurting with those 3 soon to be 4 premiership medals

has NEVER played finals footy so has never been put under the microscope when it counts. Until that happens he will never be judged with the likes of Selwood, Swan, Pendlebury, Hayes or guys of this ilk. Like it or lump it, thats just the way it is!

Esther Anderson

220px-Esther_Anderson_7.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotchin > Joel Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back