Cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You continually insult the intelligence of the readership with the rubbish you expect people to believe.

By extension, your continual personal insults have zero weight.

The average Richmond supporter on this board would have people believe that Cotchin is the victim in all this.

Hopefully, the tribunal will not be as gullible.

Actually the average football fan feels that their was very little in it, you are in a very small and incredibly soft minority of people who need to grow a pair, it's a contact sport and people will get hurt in accidents like this.
You complain about getting insulted well to be fair every post you make is an insult to people reading it that actually have a clue.
I look forward to your reaction when commen sence prevails and it's downgraded.

He kept his eyes on the ball and backed in to a marking contest. Weak effort :rolleyes:

Don't think you'll find too many people questioning Wright's courage. And why is that act considered courageous? Because more often than not you are going to get cleaned up. Which is exactly what happened, happens every week, and Cotchin shouldn't apologise for not pulling out of a contest.

. Which is exactly what happened, happens every week, and Cotchin shouldn't apologise for not pulling out of a contest.

He didn't just "not pull out". He clearly tucked his arm in and went at the bloke. It wasn't a spoil, he wasn't going to mark the footy like Hille and then brace himself in mid-air. He had one intention and he completed it.

That's been reportable after a mark ever since I've been watching footy.

He didn't just "not pull out". He clearly tucked his arm in and went at the bloke. It wasn't a spoil, he wasn't going to mark the footy like Hille and then brace himself in mid-air. He had one intention and he completed it.

Not questioning the report, questioning the penalty and the 'dog act' label and I'm sure Cotch being Cotch contacted the bloke to see if he'd pulled up alright.

Can someone explain to me how exactly Wright is soft?

:confused:

The suggestion he's soft is completely reprehensible. The kid was obviously severely hurt by the impact. Nevertheless, to my eyes, the actions that caused that impact were not on the extreme end of what you might see in those sorts of collisions. Unquestionably a reckless act that deserved some time but the 4-becomes-3 result seems out of whack with the actual contact.

As would the uproar if a star player was carried off before half time in a final because he was taking a mark and someone who was too late to contest the mark decided to drop the shoulder and charge him.
Gary Ablett broke Dipper's ribs and punctured his lung in a grand final. No uproar. Folklore.

It's all about him and Richmond.

Not one word of an apology to Sam Wright, who missed most of last weeks game, and will miss this weeks game because of Cotchins cowardly act.

I hope he ends up with 4 weeks.
1. You don't know Cotchin didn't text Wright to apologise.
2. You don't know Wright or other North Melbourne players hadn't been taking cheap shots at Cotchin (he gets pummelled every week) and Cotch thought 'here's a chance to get one back'. Was it wrong? Yes. Understandable from a total ball player who gets smashed at every opportunity? Yes. Stupid? Yes. Cowardly? A bit far.

I agree. His initial intention was to spoil but he got there too late. When he realised that he 'made him earn it'. Deserved to be reported and suspended, but four weeks is a bit much.

Then again, if you listened to Luke Darcy last night it was a joke of a report.

Having fought the charge on the grounds that the contact was to the body and not high, Cotchin's appeal has been thrown out. Doesn't pay to try to ride the coattails of public opinion; the AFL is deaf to it.

The four-week suspension puts this among the dozen most serious incidents in the last five years, ranking with the likes of Hall, Baker, Lloyd, Solomon, Ben Johnson, Vandenberg, Holland and a few others I can't recall (Steven King, Buchanan & McGlynn). Congratulations AFL, you're doing a great job of ridding the game of mongrels. :rolleyes:

Having fought the charge on the grounds that the contact was to the body and not high, Cotchin's appeal has been thrown out. Doesn't pay to try to ride the coattails of public opinion; the AFL is deaf to it.

The four-week suspension puts this among the dozen most serious incidents in the last five years, ranking with the likes of Hall, Baker, Lloyd, Solomon, Ben Johnson, Vandenberg, Holland and a few others I can't recall (Steven King, Buchanan & McGlynn). Congratulations AFL, you're doing a great job of ridding the game of mongrels. :rolleyes:

Hey it looks like I am not the only one that thinks it was a cowards act. Wright may miss 2 - happy with Cotchin missing double that.

His head did not hit the ground so where did the concussion come from?? Body contact my foot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this game is sinking to new lows, if thats deserving of 4 weeks i'll go he. absolutely mindblowing. Hae ur fairy girly game afl, im just abt done wit this crap s are many other - tv ratings down 25%

Hey it looks like I am not the only one that thinks it was a cowards act. Wright may miss 2 - happy with Cotchin missing double that.

His head did not hit the ground so where did the concussion come from?? Body contact my foot!

WHIPLASH, can rattle the noggin

You understand what concussion is right ??? Clearly not. As someone whos footy career was ended by his Neurosurgeon I can tell you clearly you do not need to be hit in the head to suffer from mild head trauma.

Concussion is regularly caused by the brain bouncing inside the head. You can take a clean hip and shoulder to the chest and if your moving fast enough your brain keeps moving while your body stops - its called inertia. Whiplash can cause exactly the same affect. The footage is pretty clear there is no high contact there... It's a contact sport, it deserved weeks but 4 lets be serious .. meanwhile firito openly belts the littlest guy on the field and doesn't even get a week.

this game is sinking to new lows, if thats deserving of 4 weeks i'll go he. absolutely mindblowing. Hae ur fairy girly game afl, im just abt done wit this crap s are many other - tv ratings down 25%

Great post. The 2nd half of it made great reading!

Let me guess you are one of the Tiger fans that throw your memberhsip at players and coaches when things don't go your way.

Clearly the lad had bad advice contesting what was an absolute no brainer, whoever gave him that advice should hang their head in shame!!!

You understand what concussion is right ??? Clearly not. As someone whos footy career was ended by his Neurosurgeon I can tell you clearly you do not need to be hit in the head to suffer from mild head trauma.

Concussion is regularly caused by the brain bouncing inside the head. You can take a clean hip and shoulder to the chest and if your moving fast enough your brain keeps moving while your body stops - its called inertia. Whiplash can cause exactly the same affect. The footage is pretty clear there is no high contact there... It's a contact sport, it deserved weeks but 4 lets be serious .. meanwhile firito openly belts the littlest guy on the field and doesn't even get a week.

Nahas was in the next contest - Wright may miss 2. Yeah exactly the same Dr Feelgood.:rolleyes:

I feel sorry for you, you share a similar mind set to Adrian Anderson:eek:

Let me guess you are one of the Tiger fans that throw your memberhsip at players and coaches when things don't go your way.

Heheh, North members are like the Loch Ness monster. Somebody said he saw one once, but he was probably lying.

stop deflecting and answer my question dh, where is the vision of head high contact?

thanks for showing us where the head contact was buddy. Its alright if you cant show us, but dont ignore it and act as if it never came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back