Could JON bring something into the team?

Remove this Banner Ad

JON kicked 6. Well done I have given him stick but his form was very average for a former AFL player but he played awesome today. Needs to play another 3 more games like it though to save his spot IMO.

Silly comment. His form has been building for a solid month and a half. It was only Perth but show me another wingmen/ flanker who did the same.

Mm, you and I got this one horribly wrong eh?;) I know it's only 1 game, but jeebus, it looks like some sort of game!:thumbsu:

Mayneman can you please also say that notte will never be a top line wafl player, we really heed a ff.

Cheers :D

He already has, so it's coming!:D

Yer another pre season will help and that would then be 5 pre seasons hes had!!!!!!

For a guy that was picked up at selection 8, had 4yrs at Richmond and 1yr with us and not shown a great deal, he's gone. Stupid selection from the start. People are so trigger happy, JON kicks 6 so lets all jizz in our pants.

He's a guy thats been in the system for 5yrs and i would've expected him to have dominated a few games this year. Christ sake, he's been an AFL footballer for 5yrs and barely fired a shot at WAFL level. He's been servicable at best, how many players are there in the WAFL that have had more than just servicable year that havn't been in the AFL system?

6 goals in WAFL is more goals than you've ever kicked in the WAFL

^^^ lol

People do you realise that 5 years were spent at Richmond that would be like sending a quality race horse to a shit trainer that uses a book "training horses for dummies" and still expect to win a melbourne cup.

why do you think they love having cuz there?? Yes he can play but he also teaches them everything else that goes with being an elite footy player.

Give the kid a chance at least until he been de-tigered.

For a guy that was picked up at selection 8, had 4yrs at Richmond and 1yr with us and not shown a great deal, he's gone. Stupid selection from the start. People are so trigger happy, JON kicks 6 so lets all jizz in our pants.

It follows on from what was his best game of the year the week prior, so people arent getting excited over one game.

It's a good sign that JON is improving. Looks like he might be over that kidney thing he had.

And guys, you really need to stop biting at the freo trolls that dont have anything better to do than niggle you... it's what they thrive on. Just ignore them and they will go away, kinda like a dog's fart.

It seems some people on here have short memories, or just don't read what doesn't intrigue them. JON's troubles were well documented on here earlier in the year - including literacy, kidney, injury problems amongst others. His form is steadily improving and I expect it to continue to do so - he is in good hands now, both at East Perth with Micale and at the Eagles with Woosha. :thumbsu:

He had four seasons at Richmond or three full preseasons. He's had three whole preseasons, two at Richmond and one at Westcoast. He's been restricted by injury for all three. Playing on small Victorian grounds against big bodies away from home, he's had physical and mental health problems as well as learning difficulties.

He struggled for years string games together and people wonder why he struggled at Richmond.

He's could be an absolute weapon.

Tony Micale said it was one of the best individual efforts he has seen on the weekend by JON.

6 goals, 23 possesions and set up another 4 or 5 goals with his sublime kicking.

Pav the kid is improving and there is his break out game you have been asking for.

My mighty Royals are in good form at the moment, and are still in the hunt for a finals berth so look out.

JON is coming good, with a big preseason behind him watch out next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 goals in WAFL is more goals than you've ever kicked in the WAFL

My apologies for not agreeing that JON will bring something to the team.

Maybe the thread should of had in brackets, 'if you don't agree, then don't post'? I would've thought by this stage of the season, if he was part of the futrure he'd have been promoted and played a senior game.

My apologies for not agreeing that JON will bring something to the team.

Maybe the thread should of had in brackets, 'if you don't agree, then don't post'? I would've thought by this stage of the season, if he was part of the futrure he'd have been promoted and played a senior game.

Whats the most goals Houlihan and Rosa have ever kicked in the WAFL?

On the basis of the thread title some things are clear, he brings an increasingly strong level of defensive pressure, genuine break neck speed and foot skills that sit in the absolute elite bracket.

Presenting from a forward flank and then delivering to a LeCras could be a most mouth watering prospect.

I can see him being a potential missing link between our midfield and our forward line. We have attacked in the last two weeks and out efficency needs to increase and we need to make better use of our forward entries if this game plan is to work going forward.

Whislt impressive, Im very comfortable with my assessment.

One swallow doesnt make a summer and this talk by Micale of building is crap.

YoYo.

Does not find enough of the ball still, makes some dreadful decisons and still think he's a few sandwichs short of a picnic.

Whislt impressive, Im very comfortable with my assessment.

One swallow doesnt make a summer and this talk by Micale of building is crap.

YoYo.

Does not find enough of the ball still, makes some dreadful decisons and still think he's a few sandwichs short of a picnic.

We shall see. You can't deny his forms been improving.

Im a softy for a player with upward potential. :thumbsu:

Whats the most goals Houlihan and Rosa have ever kicked in the WAFL?

On the basis of the thread title some things are clear, he brings an increasingly strong level of defensive pressure, genuine break neck speed and foot skills that sit in the absolute elite bracket.

Presenting from a forward flank and then delivering to a LeCras could be a most mouth watering prospect.

I can see him being a potential missing link between our midfield and our forward line. We have attacked in the last two weeks and out efficency needs to increase and we need to make better use of our forward entries if this game plan is to work going forward.

I agree that JON could bring something to this team. Six goals . Why not. He may be on a roll and sounds like he's a confidence player.

Dont know about his footskills sitting in the top bracket though.(not sure why Richmond would had let him go if this was the case)
Saw the game against East freo and he used the ball no better than Houlihan (both fluffed one). Got one more possession than Houlihan who has been in the system less than JON and has come back from a huge lay off.
One player had a horrible day while the other is comming on nicely?
(Just thought I would put his previous WAFL form in perspective)

If Hammer cops the suspension and doesn't appeal / or loses the appeal would JON be a likely replacement as the defensive HFFer?

I've read he is a decent tackler, maybe give him the job of tagging Hill to free up S Selwood as an attacking mid?

I mean whats the point of bringing B Jones back in, we know what we have with Jones. Swift sounds like he is struggling with an abdomin strain or something, McGinnity needs to address his kicking but could be included for Shepherd as a back pocket.

Noooooo. Not sure how accountable he is.

I'm agreeing with Mayneman on the few sandwiches short comment.

Non harm in giving him one game, put him on a HFF and tell him to tackle like crazy and work up the ground.

He wants to play for us even if he's half a season away from being ready.

Non harm in giving him one game, put him on a HFF and tell him to tackle like crazy and work up the ground.

He wants to play for us even if he's half a season away from being ready.

Is he mentally ready though? Could he handle copping a pasting and continue to work hard or would he get down on himself?

I'm just guessing, but I get the feeling we'd be better off letting him build his confidence with good performances in the WAFL and re-assessing after another pre-season.

Is he mentally ready though? Could he handle copping a pasting and continue to work hard or would he get down on himself?

I'm just guessing, but I get the feeling we'd be better off letting him build his confidence with good performances in the WAFL and re-assessing after another pre-season.
I totally agree with this, let him string those performances together, put another pre season under his belt and see where he is at next year. We took him with a longer term view, no one at the club would have expected him to set the world on fire this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could JON bring something into the team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back