Could the doggies have won!?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to agree with the Hawk boys here, umpiring was disgrace.

If the Bulldogs won that game, the Brownlow votes would've read, 1 vote McBurney, 2 votes Vozzo, 3 votes Other nimrod in Green.

Hawks shouldve won by 4-5 goals if all things were even

They only way the could have won was the umps to be more biased than what they were.
I hate Hawthorn, but they were crucified by Vozzo and McBurney.

When you play as physically as the hawks do, which they acknowledge, you are bound to give a away plenty of free kicks. The hawks play on the edge every week, why do u think they have conceded more free kicks than any other team in the league over the last 3 years. But the irony is its their physical style of play that got them over the line tonight.

They only way the could have won was the umps to be more biased than what they were.
I hate Hawthorn, but they were crucified by Vozzo and McBurney.

So right - so many bad decisions by the umps crucified the Hawks tonight. So many calls not blown against the doggies and so many for them at the same time.

Just terrible umpiring and whilst we know the AFL are never consistant with anything, this is what pi##es all supporters off the most, the umps should be dropped next week for such a bad display.

I don't think i have ever heard such a load chant of Bullsh*t, Bullsh*t, Bullsh*t at 3 quarter time. It didn't get any better in the last.

Just makes this win all the more better.:thumbsu:

I couldn't believe he tried to make an attempt to block Ellis, was at the game directly behind the kick and it was only going to go through for a behind in my opinion, still unbelievable he just threw his head back and conceeded.

i am so glad i am not the only one and not being one eyed about it.. the only reason bulldogs got within 3 is they gave a 50 against franklin for... for what exactly?

Have you been out of the country? This is the new fad - Thursday night it exploded but it's been creeping in for a couple of weeks. Umpires are now red hot on players stepping a few cm over the perceived mark. And apparently they don't have to be warned or told to come back a step.

happy enough for that snrub, but two of the penalties were clearly wrong.

Muston attempting to close down ? on the goal line, mark taken 1m out. Muston pulls up 2-3m from the line, but the whistle goes before he even gets that close.

Franklin's opponent standing next to the kicker, he starts heading towards his man (keeping the 5m zone wide), Grant plays on and runs directly at Franklin who of course reacts, and is penalised.

Both these decisions were incredibly harsh, and the Grant one had been called play-on all night prior.

Just happy the umpires were unsuccessful in the end.

Although bizarre, I for once dont think the umpires favoure either side.

The buddy 50 was crap but so were other things.

The fnish suggested by the OP would have been one of the most sensational ever.

I did sense the doggies fade off at the last gasp and thoght to myself " this one has played like a final, would you slack off if you were just 3 down with a couple to go ?"

Not only did the Bulldogs player not bother to try to shepherd, it also looked like the Hawks guy only marked it as an afterthought, since it was just there. Neither of them looked particularly aware that it could have been a goal. Not that it looked likely even if they'd let it go, would have needed a very kind bounce to go through.

Even though I tipped the Bulldogs, I'm glad they didn't make it in the end. Would have been a disgrace to have lost the game on that bullshit 50m penalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you play as physically as the hawks do, which they acknowledge, you are bound to give a away plenty of free kicks. The hawks play on the edge every week, why do u think they have conceded more free kicks than any other team in the league over the last 3 years. But the irony is its their physical style of play that got them over the line tonight.

There is no denying that our style will give away free kicks here and there, however, it should not stop us getting the others that we deserve or that get overlooked.

I dont have a huge prob with with what Lake did to Buddy after his 3rd goal but I can guarantee if a Hawk player did the same the Dogs would have got another shot on goal.

I was at the game tonight and the umpiring was probably the worst i seen, it was as if the umpires had money on the doggies and wanted them to win.

There were so many free kicks/50m penalties that were paid that no-one knew what it was for and the inconsistency was just as bad. Free paid for the dogs and those that werent for the hawks for the same situation was appaling.

I was at the game tonight and the umpiring was probably the worst i seen, it was as if the umpires had money on the doggies and wanted them to win.

There were so many free kicks/50m penalties that were paid that no-one knew what it was for and the inconsistency was just as bad. Free paid for the dogs and those that werent for the hawks for the same situation was appaling.

You guys are trippin...you had to play on or over the line of what is legal to shut down guns like Cooney and Griffen (which you did very well)..
of course you guys are gonna give away a lot of free kicks when you play that way.
but - the way you play won you the game. you can't have it both ways .
don't really understand what you are complaining about.

It's an interesting point. Earlier in the game Murphy (ours) was wrestled/held out of the 'contest' by Johnson in the goalsquare, when he most likely would have spoiled (or marked) had he not been impeded.

The umpire was right there and didn't penalise Johnson, so is sheparding a goal considered the same as contesting a mark? Or is it the same as sheparding/blocking anywhere else?

That wasnt the only time you guys got shafted, the umps were terrible they tried so hard to get the dogs over the line...........improbable leap.....where is that in the rules?

they are thieves....

NO because the Hawks were at least a 5 goal better team on the night! only the umps kept the dogs in it.

did they even kick a goal that wasn't ump involved ?

Mate i was there tonite with a tigers fan and a bulldogs fan and they both agreed that you guys didn't deserve to be anywhere near it.

If u think you deserved to win then you need help.

Furn, been nice talkin to ya but you're way to sexy for this thread, i'm off to bed.:rolleyes:

Mate i was there tonite with a tigers fan and a bulldogs fan and they both agreed that you guys didn't deserve to be anywhere near it.

If u think you deserved to win then you need help.

I agree, i was there with a neutral and we were both scratching our heads at some of the decisions. Even people around us were confused...

Well, case closed then...

You're right though, Hawthorn outplayed them.

I'll just give you a stat.

McBernie payed 11 free-kicks last night, including 2 50m penalties. All of them but one, (a Hodge head high in the centre), were Bulldogs free-kicks.

He has done it more than once before to Hawthorn and in other games Bulldogs have received preferential treatment from him. In the Hawthorn-Geelong game he payed 10-2 in favour of Geelong, including the last 7 free-kicks of the quarter and hand Geelong a win. I can't believe no journalists are on to this. It's obvious there are corrupt officials and teams like Geelong have been getting armchair rides for a few season from the umpires.

I'll just give you a stat.

McBernie payed 11 free-kicks last night, including 2 50m penalties. All of them but one, (a Hodge head high in the centre), were Bulldogs free-kicks.

He has done it more than once before to Hawthorn and in other games Bulldogs have received preferential treatment from him. In the Hawthorn-Geelong game he payed 10-2 in favour of Geelong, including the last 7 free-kicks of the quarter and hand Geelong a win. I can't believe no journalists are on to this. It's obvious there are corrupt officials and teams like Geelong have been getting armchair rides for a few season from the umpires.

absolutely right, it's sickening.

I'm not one of those one-eyed supporters who thinks his players are gold-plated. I will often acknowledge when we get away with something or if we received a lucky free kick. however, almost every match I watch I find myself yelling at the TV despite telling myself at the start of every game that I'm not going to get angry about the umps. :eek:

what I find strange is when I watch a match involving non-hawthorn teams and the standard of umpiring suddenly seems much better. things that I expect are going to get given as a free kick are just ignored, whereas in hawthorn matches we would have been pinged for it every time.

all I want to see is a fair fight, but this has been going on for years. I wonder if dumetriou has a grudge against his old club? did they tell him he was crap before they traded him??

Remove this Banner Ad

Could the doggies have won!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back