Cousins problem revealed

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brian Cousins just announced Ben has a substance abuse problem....

stupid maybe .... but somehow we have the resilience of having won a premiership to get us through

Indeed. And Ben Cousins was a key player in it. End justifies the means out west I guess. Worsfold has admitted he knew about Cousin's issues from July of last year when he missed a Monday team meeting after being rested because of heavy partying. So Worsfold wrote letters to Cousin's manager and had meetings with Cousins and his manager, of course he didn't do anything that might affect the chances of a flag like suspending him from the club a la Gardiner.

Of course someone other than the cast of Sergeant Schultz's who seem to run West Coast might have had their suspicions aroused by some of his previous incidents such as biathloning from a Booze Bus or being found disoriented at Southbank at the end of last year. Or of course from the warnings from people such as Ken Judge or Ron Joseph.

Cousins has been at West Coast since he was 17. Yes his very poor choices have been his own and as an adult he can blame no one but himself but the people who have run West Coast over those 11 years must come under the pump for not being willing to meaningfully discipline him. The only time they did, the Booze Bus biathlon incident, they took the Captaincy off him, a drastic step yes, but an isolated one - and they didn't seem to be able to put 2 and 2 together and work out the most likely reason why he ran n swam.

Hopefully Cousins will succesfully rehab and get back to playing great footy. And hopefully AFL Clubs will be less forgiving of the trangressions of their champions.

Do junkies in rehab get criminal charges?

You cant get criminal charges for drug use unless you were caught with drugs on your person.

Where have you been this last five years for FFS. HE HUNG OUT WITH A NOTORIOUS GANG OF SPEED, COKE AND ICE DEALERS - aka as a motocycle gang

which theory is that? that his missing training might be because he is having trouble coping without drugs

yeah really whacky theory that one. obviously he missed training because he was on drugs:rolleyes:

You had the novel idea that he missed training because he was off drugs.

You had the novel idea that he missed training because he was off drugs. Join Gunnar in the dunces corner

if you wants to twist my words to make your argument seem feasable, go ahead, but your just looking more and more pathetic with every post. you might have better luck in bay 13 mate

So what do you reckon they'll charge him with?

Consorting and obstructing the course of justice would have been a good start. But hey its land of the big white panama hat and they protect their little champions over in the wild west. I can't believe the niavity from WC supporters. What dpo they think he was doing with his bikie mates. Tinkering with motors? Hey rip van winkles - THEY SELL DRUGS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you wants to twist my words to make your argument seem feasable, go ahead, but your just looking more and more pathetic with every post. you might have better luck in bay 13 mate

You think the poor little orphan Benny story has gone into rehab virginia? Stay tuned

I believe its one of those legal loopholes. There nothing illegal about taking illict drugs or testing postive for illict drugs, only the possesion of the illict drugs.

Similar to that is completely legal for minors to smoke but not to buy tobacao.

Do ya reckon the West Australian constabulary might have a chat to him about who supplied him, particularly given his friendship with a "person of interest"? Or is the little champ above such mundane affairs? Oh sorry he's left the country hasn't he. Perhaps we should all send him a get well card. Violins please

Id suggest the Fat pie-eating Dimmy has been too busy awarding himself a $400, 000 pay rise...to care about some wasted footballer....

He'd be thinking theres plenty more where Cousins came from.....so what if this ones broken.... :mad:

Re: Brian Cousins just announced Ben has a substance abuse problem....

worsfold was brilliant tonight. well done woosha and good luck ben and all the eagles!:thumbsu:

Will police be involved in this issue and will criminal charges be layed. Aren't these type of drugs illegal in Australia?
LMFAO cops wont nor should do jack unless he was dealing (which is a rumour I havent heard & wouldnt believe) as its possession thats illegal not having it in your system as has been said NUMEROUS times.

As to asking him about his "links" or where he scored its "off the one legged pirate looking fellow with the glass eye down the Pub ;) ". If they didnt pin him for anything back when they will not now.

LMFAO cops wont nor should do jack unless he was dealing (which is a rumour I havent heard & wouldnt believe) as its possession thats illegal not having it in your system as has been said NUMEROUS times.

As to asking him about his "links" or where he scored its "off the one legged pirate looking fellow with the glass eye down the Pub ;) ". If they didnt pin him for anything back when they will not now.

You do realise that his "friends" are of interest to the police?

The 27-year-old refused to cooperate with detectives investigating a nightclub shooting last year and he publicly apologised for associating with people alleged to have links with the criminal underworld.

I know Geelong isn't New York but join the dots man

if he has been doing illegal drugs and perjures himself, should be charged, and prosecuted.

I don't know that doing drugs is even a crime. Possession yes, but even so it would be a slap on the wrist if the quantity you were caught with was within the range deemed to be for personal use.

I'm more interested to see what the AFL do about it. If they don't slap him with at least the same penalty that a player with 3 strikes would get, then they're going to look extremely silly and their illicit drug policy is basically in ruins.

I don't know that doing drugs is even a crime. Possession yes, but even so it would be a slap on the wrist if the quantity you were caught with was within the range deemed to be for personal use.

I'm more interested to see what the AFL do about it. If they don't slap him with at least the same penalty that a player with 3 strikes would get, then they're going to look extremely silly and their illicit drug policy is basically in ruins.

Yeah, but the rules are set in stone, 3 strikes and your in the shyte. Say for example this is his second strike only, even though its getting lots of publicity the afl cant just make an exception for him and suddenly say, its only 2 strikes but your going down like its 3.

The club on the other hand can do what it wants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cousins problem revealed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back