Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Is it just me or did Cousins return home incredibly quickly? I thought it was originally reported that he was going to stay at that clinic for a lot longer? I don't know much about drugs, but if they've released him after just 4 weeks of trying to get off the most addictive drug around, it sounds like he endured some pretty severe times. I know he's going to continue rehab here, but he seemed to get over the worst bit pretty quickly. Sounds as if he had to go cold turkey or through very severe, rapid treatment.Would have been bloody tough for Ben if they didn't ease him off slowly

Was just watching a doco on the telly last night about the crippling effects of Ice addiction, and how many rehab programs go for 8+ months. Sure there are different levels, but yeah 4 weeks is pretty fast. KNowing WCE anbd Ben they will win a premiership, Ben will kick 3 or 4 in the granny, he will look stupid on the podium and embarrass Judd again, then will OD in Miami and become a tragic hero - probably change the Chas to the Benny.

Was just watching a doco on the telly last night about the crippling effects of Ice addiction, and how many rehab programs go for 8+ months. Sure there are different levels, but yeah 4 weeks is pretty fast. KNowing WCE anbd Ben they will win a premiership, Ben will kick 3 or 4 in the granny, he will look stupid on the podium and embarrass Judd again, then will OD in Miami and become a tragic hero - probably change the Chas to the Benny.

if that was to happen - it needed to happen last year

we all know that superstars die at 27! not 28

In all honesty I expected it to be longer too, I have never heard of anyone getting out of rehab in a month....the only thing I can come up with is that perhaps the addiction wasn't as bad as it was made out to be :confused:

Im fairly sure a 3000 dollar a day and probably one of the best rehab clinics in the world knows a little bit better then you and I

In all honesty I expected it to be longer too, I have never heard of anyone getting out of rehab in a month....the only thing I can come up with is that perhaps the addiction wasn't as bad as it was made out to be :confused:

It is quite possible he just had a very recreational habit... from what the doco said it is like smoking - some people have a "habit" but can give up, others have massive addiction - due to different receptors in the brain etc.

If he was a really serious addict then he would not have been able to go days without it in order to not have tested positive.

But he will really have to keep an eye on his social habits - from what I gather if he mixes in the same circles as he obviosuly used to then well old habit dies hard.

Just out of interest, you know on the day he didn;t front to training, and there was a drugs test on that they wanted him for... did those results ever come out. I seem to recall they said the results of his tests would be out in a few weeks? I guess we don;t get to find out because of the 3 strikes policy.

Im fairly sure a 3000 dollar a day and probably one of the best rehab clinics in the world knows a little bit better then you and I

Who said it was a $3000 addiction?? Thats not fact.

Plus we don't know how bad his addiction was, so it's hard to comment on how long it would take to over come.

Show me where it said he was addicted to Ice :confused:

It is quite possible he just had a very recreational habit... from what the doco said it is like smoking - some people have a "habit" but can give up, others have massive addiction - due to different receptors in the brain etc.

If he was a really serious addict then he would not have been able to go days without it in order to not have tested positive.

But he will really have to keep an eye on his social habits - from what I gather if he mixes in the same circles as he obviosuly used to then well old habit dies hard.

Just out of interest, you know on the day he didn;t front to training, and there was a drugs test on that they wanted him for... did those results ever come out. I seem to recall they said the results of his tests would be out in a few weeks? I guess we don;t get to find out because of the 3 strikes policy.

I did hear them say that Cousins has never returned a positive test, not 100% sure if that was before the results of the last one or not though.

A) IT HAS NEVER BEEN CONFIRMED ONCE HE WAS USING ICE.....

B) It was always planned he would finish his rehab back here in perth after intial time at the facility in the US.

It would be nice if people would just wait for all the info instead of coming up with assumptions and making up whatever, but I guess thats what the media keeps doing so why cant everyone else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show me where it said he was addicted to Ice :confused:

Oh sorry - I thought that was the drug it was generally accepted to be. Well whatever. Jeez you guys are jumpy. It would be great to have a sensible discussion about your spiritual leader without his spiritual drones showing up.

Is it just me or did Cousins return home incredibly quickly? I thought it was originally reported that he was going to stay at that clinic for a lot longer? I don't know much about drugs, but if they've released him after just 4 weeks of trying to get off the most addictive drug around, it sounds like he endured some pretty severe times. I know he's going to continue rehab here, but he seemed to get over the worst bit pretty quickly. Sounds as if he had to go cold turkey or through very severe, rapid treatment.Would have been bloody tough for Ben if they didn't ease him off slowly

See the Summit Centre Malibu's website page on their Primary Care program.

Primary Care

Primary care includes initial medical and psychiatric stabilization, as well as detoxification when necessary. In this stage, clients and staff will analyze the scope of the problem and begin to identify the focus of care to be administered. An initial treatment plan is designed and implemented. It is normal to deal with feelings of denial in this stage.

The core of this stage includes individual and group therapy. Groups consist of psychoeducation, DBT, CBT, Experimental Therapies, 12-Step Recovery and other avenues of spiritual and holistic healing. The primary focus is on Confronting Denial, Addiction Cycle, Relapse Triggers, Prevention, and Family Dynamics/Roles. Once the initial stabilization is complete and denial is minimized the client will begin to take a more active role in identifying and resolving their issues (trauma, unresolved grief, etc) as well as to begin to identify the changes and supports necessary for ongoing sobriety and recovery.

The primary treatment phase is a minimum of 28 days. If clients will not be continuing their ongoing treatment through Summit Center’s continuum part of their primary program consists of developing a strong discharge plan for ongoing support. This may include sober living, intensive outpatient, 12-Step recovery or individual therapy and psychiatric monitoring. These plans are developed for each persons specific treatment needs and goals.

A) IT HAS NEVER BEEN CONFIRMED ONCE HE WAS USING ICE.....

B) It was always planned he would finish his rehab back here in perth after intial time at the facility in the US.

It would be nice if people would just wait for all the info instead of coming up with assumptions and making up whatever, but I guess thats what the media keeps doing so why cant everyone else?

I think you're kinda over reacting a bit, we are merely saying it seems quiet quick for him to be back from a so called major addiction....maybe you should read what everyone else is saying first because no one is having a go, its just a discussion and last time i checked thats what happens on forums.

I did hear them say that Cousins has never returned a positive test, not 100% sure if that was before the results of the last one or not though.

Yes I thought the same. So I guess even if it was +ve on the day he skipped training we will never know. I'm not saying we should know either, but may have thought there would be a lot of media pressure to reveal it - especially if he was to be making an early come back.

Or he went for a 4 week vacation at a rehab which is closer to a luxury health spa, to escape the media & having to admit he's an arrogant, selfish knob, who stuffed up yet again. :p

See the Summit Centre Malibu's website page on their Primary Care program.

Primary Care

Primary care includes initial medical and psychiatric stabilization, as well as detoxification when necessary. In this stage, clients and staff will analyze the scope of the problem and begin to identify the focus of care to be administered. An initial treatment plan is designed and implemented. It is normal to deal with feelings of denial in this stage.

The core of this stage includes individual and group therapy. Groups consist of psychoeducation, DBT, CBT, Experimental Therapies, 12-Step Recovery and other avenues of spiritual and holistic healing. The primary focus is on Confronting Denial, Addiction Cycle, Relapse Triggers, Prevention, and Family Dynamics/Roles. Once the initial stabilization is complete and denial is minimized the client will begin to take a more active role in identifying and resolving their issues (trauma, unresolved grief, etc) as well as to begin to identify the changes and supports necessary for ongoing sobriety and recovery.

The primary treatment phase is a minimum of 28 days. If clients will not be continuing their ongoing treatment through Summit Center’s continuum part of their primary program consists of developing a strong discharge plan for ongoing support. This may include sober living, intensive outpatient, 12-Step recovery or individual therapy and psychiatric monitoring. These plans are developed for each persons specific treatment needs and goals.

Thanks for the BB - Good to see a bit about the program.

those people are daily users with massive addictions and have usually lost their families, support, homes, and anything else they had. Many of them have been using it daily for years. In those 8+ months they don't just get off the ice (and these people would go through massive physical withdrawals due to how much and how long they were using), they then need to rebuild their lives from scratch, reconnecting with family, finding jobs, finding housing, etc etc. All that is part of these treatment programs.
To try and compare their treatment program to Cousins is laughable, the situations couldn't be more different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cousins Speedy Return To Aus?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back