Coverage of St George v Storm in Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
No surprise to see the terrible treatment this game (one of the biggest of the season IMO) has got in Victoria. Channel nine showing it 12.30am Saturday morning and Fox showing it 2am Saturday morning. I'm recording the Fox coverage and will watch the game tomorrow morning. What an absolute disgrace. It should be on at 10pm. I understand it won't be on at 8.30pm, but 12.30am the next day at the earliest, absolute bullshit. The NRL are absolutely weak as piss on this.

Would have been nice to get a penalty or benefit of the doubt call. Unfortunate for Sika Manu and I hope Soward goes for his attempted karate kick - what was that dumb bastard thinking? St George definitely the team to beat this year. Unless Storm come into some form, I think they're making up the numbers this year. I worried about next year too given the amount of changes to the team.

Would have been nice to get a penalty or benefit of the doubt call. Unfortunate for Sika Manu and I hope Soward goes for his attempted karate kick - what was that dumb bastard thinking? St George definitely the team to beat this year. Unless Storm come into some form, I think they're making up the numbers this year. I worried about next year too given the amount of changes to the team.
Sika will be a massive loss. Has been our best player this year. Will finish around 6th this year.
Need to rebuild a bit from next year I reckon.

Losing all those great players over the past few years due to the salary cap was always going to hurt.

Injuries this year has put a dent into our chances this year also.

No surprise to see the terrible treatment this game (one of the biggest of the season IMO) has got in Victoria. Channel nine showing it 12.30am Saturday morning and Fox showing it 2am Saturday morning. I'm recording the Fox coverage and will watch the game tomorrow morning. What an absolute disgrace. It should be on at 10pm. I understand it won't be on at 8.30pm, but 12.30am the next day at the earliest, absolute bullshit. The NRL are absolutely weak as piss on this.

What I don't understand is that is Foxtel can put Channel 7 games on Main Event for AFL fans in NSW LIVE, why can't the same be done for Channel 9 games for people living in areas which will not have live coverage?

People may say that Channel 9 might not want the rights to be on anything other than them. But surely the aim is to promote rugby league & to cater to those fans around the country who may well want to watch matches live.

One of the guys at Storm games I stand with says he gets Imparja from the NT. Bugger knows how he gets it, but he gets to watch live NRL from his lounge room living in Melbourne.

Hey, I'm an AFL fan first. Used to go nuts having to stay up until 3am watching games in Sydney. So I can empathise.

JF

One of the guys at Storm games I stand with says he gets Imparja from the NT. Bugger knows how he gets it, but he gets to watch live NRL from his lounge room living in Melbourne.

Hey, I'm an AFL fan first. Used to go nuts having to stay up until 3am watching games in Sydney. So I can empathise.

JF

Far out....phone your friend tomorrow and let us know how he does it.:p

Probably some sort of special aerial????????

Far out....phone your friend tomorrow and let us know how he does it.:p

Probably some sort of special aerial????????

its a satellite service if i remember correctly. the televising of the nrl into vic and wa has to be rectified at the next tv rights deal if the nrl is to get serious about promoting outside qld/nsw. what tv numbers has live melbourne storm games into melbourne pulled? have they ever gone up against the afl just to test the waters? i know they will get flogged by the afl viewer numbers but it would be interesting to see what the numbers actually are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you mean a household could connect the service if one was prepared to fork out lots of dollars?

My guess is yes, though I've never personally looked into it (I like watching the games with a pint or 3 :))

You'd need a satelite dish at the least, what you'd need to do beyond that I'm not 100% sure.

http://www.imparja.com/

Though legally ... You're not supposed to broadcast Imparja outside of NT/Regional areas which is why pubs lose their service if they get busted. I'm not sure how that impacts residential customers though.

(OTT - NT ads amuse me :))

Thanks for all that information MelT, but I think I'll just stick with Foxtel and Ch.9 for the moment.

I am a bit like you, like to be with people watching league on telly, but might start charging an entry fee to my home soon to cover costs;)

Thanks for all that information MelT, but I think I'll just stick with Foxtel and Ch.9 for the moment.

I am a bit like you, like to be with people watching league on telly, but might start charging an entry fee to my home soon to cover costs;)
How much do you charge?:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Coverage of St George v Storm in Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back