Covers

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All Is Loneliness - Moondog

There were more covers of this than I knew. I only knew of the Lovechild version. When I put it in the search box a couple of other versions by Janis Joplin/Big Brother & The Holding Co. and Motorpsycho came up. The Lovechild version is also a different take from a BBC session with the UK DJ John Peel, not the version from their "plays Moondog" 7" single.

Last edited:
All Is Loneliness - Moondog

There were more covers of this than I knew. I only knew of the Lovechild version. When I put it in the search box a couple of other versions by Janis Joplin/Big Brother & The Holding Co. and Motorpsycho came up. The Lovechild version is also a different take from a BBC session with the UK DJ John Peel, not the version from their "plays Moondog" 7" single.

The Kronos Quartet.
Now that is an outfit that I've not heard of in quite a while.
Got a very old CD of theirs that I may have to try and locate.
Enjoyed that track.

Has anyone seen the screening of "Midnight Cowboy" where at the movie's end they have a recall of the cast with images from the movie after the usual rolling up of names and letters.

Usually when the TV stations show it, it ends after the credits, but I know I've seen it on one occasion where at the end of all the names, they return to the images from the film and name the actors, and there was some up-tempo music behind it, and I figure it must have been a reprise with this version of "Midnight Cowboy" theme by the Bar-Kays. On the label of the various released versions of the 7" single it indicates it is taken "from the film soundtrack" (or similar words). Otherwise in the actual scenes during movie it doesn't seem to appear anywhere, nor on the soundtrack, although there is some obscure 60's band playing in one of the party scenes which may also be uncredited.

Anyway, this would be a relatively new line-up of the Bar-Kays from 1969 after they lost 4 band members in the same plane crash that killed Otis Redding in 1967.

Of course, the Nilsson cover of Everybody's Talkin' fits perfectly in the film but the Fred Neil version with the spanish guitar is the one for me.

Last edited:
Was just sampling the clips off this album as it was on sale and discovered this one.

Hard rocking Melbourne band Civic covering The Masters Apprentices "Wars or Hands of Time"

Now I just saw that Mr Greg Kihn has died. No fuKihn way! Kihndolences. Springsteen cover with the rest of the group adding multi harmonies on the chorus has been a long time guilty pleasure.

Last edited:
Annette Peacock's version of Love Me Tender.

I vaguely remember another version with mock S & M overtones, sung with a German accent "love me sveeeeeeet!!!!". Probably would fail the PC test today and I can't remember the name of the artist. I think it was on one of those Dr Demento Rhino records compilations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Covers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back