COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

But if the chances are incredibly low that ONE member of a couple could be infected and the other not, but the mentality is that of course the mother 'has to be there', what extra safety measure is being implemented by denying the father the opportunity to be included?

I CAN understand not allowing friends and family to visit after the baby is born for the reasons you are stating. I'm not ignorant here.

We are unfortunately left with situations where mothers are going home 1 day after a C-section because their toddlers aren't permitted to visit the hospital. Again, a toddler who lives with the mother and father (and the father is allowed in for 4 hours a day).
Your making assumptions.

Are they a couple?

Do they live together?

What if he's fifo, and spends considerable time living elsewhere?

The clinic cannot pry into the private lives of people that are there, so they would make the assumption, extra person = extra risk.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would not complain, so not everyone.

Politics divides. Let the experts talk.
Ok , not everyone .........but I think being critical of Premier giving a daily update during a pandemic to the state he is Premier of, just seems like having a go for the sake of having a go at him.

My wife gave birth 3 days ago
For the last 4 weeks of her pregnancy I was not allowed in the hospital for any of her midwife meetings or scans
I had to wait in my car and listen to the appointment on the phone
On Monday afternoon she was admitted to hospital, and induced, which I was able to attend
On Wednesday morning she had a c-section which I was allowed to attend
I was allowed to stay with her and my newborn daughter all day until 8pm
From today, I am only allowed a 2 hour visit for the day
My wife is not allowed ANY visitors except me
Luckily for us my wife and daughter are coming home tomorrow
Non of the midwives at the hospital can understand why they have cut back visiting hours to new fathers like they have
We are checked in by security at the front door, then nurses check our temps and run through questions before we get to the lifts
I fully understand (and agree) with the restrictions on visitors, but cutting back my time with my wife and newborn?
My wife was in a lot of discomfort, and is a first time Mum
I try and take over the care of our daughter when I’m visiting, allowing my wife to rest, sleep, eat, shower etc, which she needs
I also like to learn from the midwives as I’m a first time Dad
I hope they change back to allowing dads to stay longer, as it is needed, by both Mum and dad!
Yes that's tough , good luck .

Both ours were c section . With our 2nd my wife and child were in hospital 7 days after the birth , so I was looking after our 2 year old during that time.
Was very hard and we at least had that previous experience .

Im sure you will be great parents

For the last 4 weeks of her pregnancy I was not allowed in the hospital for any of her midwife meetings or scans
On Monday afternoon she was admitted to hospital, and induced, which I was able to attend
Non of the midwives at the hospital can understand why they have cut back visiting hours to new fathers like they have
We are checked in by security at the front door, then nurses check our temps and run through questions before we get to the lifts
I fully understand (and agree) with the restrictions on visitors, but cutting back my time with my wife and newborn?
I try and take over the care of our daughter when I’m visiting, allowing my wife to rest, sleep, eat, shower etc, which she needs
I hope they change back to allowing dads to stay longer, as it is needed, by both Mum and dad!

Congratulations!

My wife had our son via C section in February and was in hospital for 4 days. I was there from 8am to 8pm every day. There was so much I needed to do to help her due to her pain levels etc. There was also a huge number of babies born on the same day and the midwives made mention of how thin their time was being worn.

You example is exactly the reason why parts of the restrictions make zero sense.
What difference is there between you being there 2 hours, 4 hours or 8 hours? When your wife desperately needs a break and the midwives are busy (extra busy now), you just need to hope it falls in your allotted visiting time. It really sucks and I'm sorry you guys are being forced to experience it.

Congratulations! Difficult times but I'm sure you and your wife will do great!

If you can, you should sign up your daughter immediately. My son gets a scarf with his member years one greater than his age (although my daughter is filthy about this cause she was born in November)

Good luck with everything

My wife had C-section for both of ours

Our son was in the special care nursery for the first 3 weeks or so - wouldn't have been incredibly difficult if I had not been allowed in there at all

Congratulations! Difficult times but I'm sure you and your wife will do great!

If you can, you should sign up your daughter immediately. My son gets a scarf with his member years one greater than his age (although my daughter is filthy about this cause she was born in November)
My dad always buys the grandkids their first membership when they are born :thumbsu:

This year I am a 28 consecutive years member

I will continue to buy her membership for the rest of my life!

Another 450 cases and 10 deaths reported 7 of them in aged care
It also includes a man in his 40s.

no doubt the guy in his 40’s had underlying health issues and was probably obese

and we still had more people die of the flu last year and they are old so.........

no doubt the guy in his 40’s had underlying health issues and was probably obese

and we still had more people die of the flu last year and they are old so.........
We've had what 52 deaths in the last 7 weeks?
Those numbers will go up unfortunately. 560 active cases in aged care residents.

228 people in hospital and 42 in ICU.

Yesterday they released a breakdown by age group for hospital patients.

Screenshot_20200725-102612.png

Congrats.

I cant get my head around why they would do this. My little one was born very prematurely. I missed the birth completely and had to say goodbye and leave her in NICU every night for nearly 3 months. It sucked and the biggest thing I found was I was unable to develop a bond with my daughter through that period. it actually made bringing her home particularly difficult.

It’s upsetting to think they’re cutting the father out like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan just was asked about people not wearing masks and giving responses to police about reading from a script. Why are these people not being fined? What are peoples rights in this issue? Is there an issue with law.

Dan gave an answer that said everyone should be wearing masks, it is a fine, 10 people getting buried - wear a mask. But didn’t respond to the direct question.

Dan just was asked about people not wearing masks and giving responses to police about reading from a script. Why are these people not being fined? What are peoples rights in this issue? Is there an issue with law.

Dan gave an answer that said everyone should be wearing masks, it is a fine, 10 people getting buried - wear a mask. But didn’t respond to the direct question.

That's because it's unlawful and Dan knows it.

Congrats.

I cant get my head around why they would do this. My little one was born very prematurely. I missed the birth completely and had to say goodbye and leave her in NICU every night for nearly 3 months. It sucked and the biggest thing I found was I was unable to develop a bond with my daughter through that period. it actually made bringing her home particularly difficult.

It’s upsetting to think they’re cutting the father out like this.
That’s so unfair
I hope the bond between you and your daughter is strong now

The midwives at our hospital we’re hoping the 2 hour restrictions were to be lifted, but I’m not sure what has happened as my wife and daughter are now home

Congrats once again to Steven Tyler on the arrival and reading through what you’ve had to do is bloody tough for first time parents. Good to hear you’ve got everyone home.

To give a different perspective of how this virus is so hard for people in vulnerable situations, a long term work mate of mine lost his wife to Cervical cancer in the first lockdown. He was limited with visitations, even when it was known she only had days left in palative care. At one stage he had a pretty spirited conversation with a doctor who told him he had to leave. She passed and we couldn’t be there for him.
He couldn’t give her a proper funeral. None of us could go and support him from work due to the restricted numbers and the risk that we could in-turn shut down our entire site if one of us were to contract the virus.

His kids, in their 20’s struggled big time, as they’d lost their mum and couldn’t support their dad, so they’ve had to move home to support him.
He’s completely lost and even though he’s been able to head into work to get some normalcy back in his life, there’s still many days where he’s completely elsewhere and can get a text from his daughter that will break him entirely.

it’s ****ing horrific, and we’re all really worried about how this shitshow has effected his families ability to deal with such a horrible period in their lives.

I just want everyone to do the right thing, for each other, so we can come through the other side.

Congrats once again to Steven Tyler on the arrival and reading through what you’ve had to do is bloody tough for first time parents. Good to hear you’ve got everyone home.

To give a different perspective of how this virus is so hard for people in vulnerable situations, a long term work mate of mine lost his wife to Cervical cancer in the first lockdown. He was limited with visitations, even when it was known she only had days left in palatine care. At one stage he had a pretty spirited conversation with a doctor who told him he had to leave. She passed and we couldn’t be there for him.
He couldn’t give her a proper funeral. None of us could go and support him from work due to the restricted numbers and the risk that we could in-turn shut down our entire site if one of us were to contract the virus.

His kids, in their 20’s struggled big time, as they’d lost their mum and couldn’t support their dad, so they’ve had to move home to support him.
He’s completely lost and even though he’s been able to head into work to get some normalcy back in his life, there’s still many days where he’s completely elsewhere and can get a text from his daughter that will break him entirely.

it’s ******* horrific, and we’re all really worried about how this shitshow has effected his families ability to deal with such a horrible period in their lives.

I just want everyone to do the right thing, for each other, so we can come through the other side.
Very true

My uncle passed a few months ago . Had MS for 15 years first diagnosed at 43.
His wife opted not to have a funeral due to limitations , we are waiting hopefully for everything to pass to have a memorial service at some stage.

In his last 24 hours my auntie and 2 cousins could see him but not at the same time due to the room size , so they basically had to rotate in and out.
Due to his condition they had already grieved to a point but the situation added more stress and they simple havent been able to get that final goodbye they all needed.

Its so tough on families

Sounds like a Great policy. Vic gov loves Guidelines and Recommendations. I Can’t believe everyone didn’t follow them.

On May 21, in an attempt to avoid further clusters, WorkSafe issued a guidance note for Victorian meat and poultry processors based on advice given by the CDC.

The measures in the note were not enforceable but included recommendations around temperature checks prior to shifts and social distancing.

But the guidance note did not recommend reducing the length of shift times from 10 or 12 hours, to six or eight hours — a key recommendation made by the CDC to reduce the number of people in any one business at the same time. The Department of Health and Human Services declined to comment on why enforceable guidelines had not been introduced to workplaces such as aged care facilities and meat processors.

Remove this Banner Ad

COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back