Covid Vaccination Feedback and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Had an interesting conversation yesterday with a casual friend...

She has had covid and it has left her with breathing problems even just talking a short walk and she was very fit prior.

She rang up a Covid Respiratory Clinic, they checked her out and gave her a Cortisone injection and she now feels great.

Anyone else heard of this treatment?

Had an interesting conversation yesterday with a casual friend...

She has had covid and it has left her with breathing problems even just talking a short walk and she was very fit prior.

She rang up a Covid Respiratory Clinic, they checked her out and gave her a Cortisone injection and she now feels great.

Anyone else heard of this treatment?

Steroids have been used in treating respiratory conditions for decades (amongst other things, generally steroids are used for most conditions that are caused by or have a strong inflammation component) - most asthma treatments for example, use steroids to reduce the inflammation that causes the airways/lung tissue to swell and reduce air flow. This is the case for both reliever and preventer asthma medications. Prednisone and prednisolone are other common steroids used for severe asthma attacks to reduce inflammation, so it’s not unheard of or uncommon when it comes to breathing difficulties.

How are you eligible for 2nd booster Dave? I would like to get it, but I don’t meet the criteria for being eligible.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I be under Disabled I guess as I am on NDIS and in 2017 I had Server Blood Clots

So there is a Push look like at least Bringing back Restrictions again

COVID fear mongerers are the new anti-vaxxers.

The deaths, when analysed, show to be specific to the old. Not downplaying their significance or impact, only highlighting the reality that eventually we all die.

People at risk can and should take extra measures.

We are now living with it; this is what it looks like.

The deaths, when analysed, show to be specific to the old. Not downplaying their significance or impact, only highlighting the reality that eventually we all die.

I doth protest.

Unlike the anti-vaxxers, it can at least be said that the fearmongers have some evidence on their side. Question their interpretation of the facts, but not their acknowledgment of the facts.

And raising some alarm about the continued danger of Covid creates pressure for those extra measure for vulnerable groups, while making sure that the rest of us take whatever responsibility we can.

Living with the bug should always involve a healthy fear of it.

Apologies for my tone. It's pre-game and I'm edgy.

I doth protest.

Unlike the anti-vaxxers, it can at least be said that the fearmongers have some evidence on their side. Question their interpretation of the facts, but not their acknowledgment of the facts.

And raising some alarm about the continued danger of Covid creates pressure for those extra measure for vulnerable groups, while making sure that the rest of us take whatever responsibility we can.

Living with the bug should always involve a healthy fear of it.

Apologies for my tone. It's pre-game and I'm edgy.

We're in agreement re: having a healthy respect for COVID. It's the degrees where we might differ.

Your POV simply refuses to accept the impact that Covid has on our healthcare system.
While the statistics might lean towards the older populace suffering the most, there is a huge disruption to the elective surgery system, due to lack of staff and beds in hospitals.
The extra pain and suffering being felt by generally healthy people who are having their surgery postponed, or even cancelled on the day, is untenable.
If the simple compliance of wearing a mask changes even 10% of this situation then we should do it.

Your POV simply refuses to accept the impact that Covid has on our healthcare system.
While the statistics might lean towards the older populace suffering the most, there is a huge disruption to the elective surgery system, due to lack of staff and beds in hospitals.
The extra pain and suffering being felt by generally healthy people who are having their surgery postponed, or even cancelled on the day, is untenable.
If the simple compliance of wearing a mask changes even 10% of this situation then we should do it.

Fair point.

How do we protect the old and immunosuppresed and in turn lighten the load on the health system?

Many are continuing to wear masks indoors. I don't think anyone would argue against them, but their use even if mandated will not turn the epidemic around. That's where things seem to be stalling.

I hope our numbers start to look better over the next few weeks (as has been predicted).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair point.

How do we protect the old and immunosuppresed and in turn lighten the load on the health system?

Many are continuing to wear masks indoors. I don't think anyone would argue against them, but their use even if mandated will not turn the epidemic around. That's where things seem to be stalling.

I hope our numbers start to look better over the next few weeks (as has been predicted).

You are too diplomatic. Say something about bedwetters and pearl-clutching.

Fair point.

We're still masked up in Malaysia - I'm sick to death of them. But we should be getting hit just as hard as Australia by Omicron as all other restrictions are gone, but we're not getting hit hard at all at the moment. Despite everyone testing every Sunday night - I don't know anyone who has had it for about 2 months now. Maybe just luck, but I think it's the ****ing masks.

We're still masked up in Malaysia - I'm sick to death of them. But we should be getting hit just as hard as Australia by Omicron as all other restrictions are gone, but we're not getting hit hard at all at the moment. Despite everyone testing every Sunday night - I don't know anyone who has had it for about 2 months now. Maybe just luck, but I think it's the ******* masks.

You might be right Savvy. It could also be higher levels of natural immunity. AU is still getting there.

You might be right Savvy. It could also be higher levels of natural immunity. AU is still getting there.
The extra natural immunity here is from Delta which doesn't do any more than the vaccine to stop people from getting Omicron. Australia has had heaps more Omicron - natural immunity is probably well in Aust's favour. It would help with the death rate though, as lots more of the vulnerable in Malaysia were already killed by Delta.

The extra natural immunity here is from Delta which doesn't do any more than the vaccine to stop people from getting Omicron. Australia has had heaps more Omicron - natural immunity is probably well in Aust's favour. It would help with the death rate though, as lots more of the vulnerable in Malaysia were already killed by Delta.

It could be your prawn risotto that is affording the entire nation extra immunity against every COVID strain.

We need to bring you back for the good of the nation.

It could be your prawn risotto that is affording the entire nation extra immunity against every COVID strain.

We need to bring you back for the good of the nation.
I'm back in July. But where my covid preventing risotto can do the most good - protecting the Adelaidean octagenarion - yep I like tautologies.

I'm back in July. But where my covid preventing risotto can do the most good - protecting the Adelaidean octagenarion - yep I like tautologies.

Is it a permanent return to our sunny shores? I remember you mentioning that you've purchased a house in Adelaide AKA "God's Waiting Room".

P.S: Love Glenelg

Is it a permanent return to our sunny shores? I remember you mentioning that you've purchased a house in Adelaide AKA "God's Waiting Room".

P.S: Love Glenelg
Don't know how long. Permanent until the kids are settled, which might be about age 50 for one of them. Probably a 5 year commitment, then who knows.

Don't know how long. Permanent until the kids are settled, which might be about age 50 for one of them. Probably a 5 year commitment, then who knows.

I have a kid who is like yours; not sure I'll ever be able to boot her butt out. :)

I probably won't get my 4th Covid Vaccine as we think it might of gave my Dad his Heart Attack as had Earlier in the week.

Not saying 100% it was but funny Timing and been some Reports that other people had died simmlar

I probably won't get my 4th Covid Vaccine as we think it might of gave my Dad his Heart Attack as had Earlier in the week.

Not saying 100% it was but funny Timing and been some Reports that other people had died simmlar
Every vaccination is a risk Dave. Not just the Covid vaccination.
And like every vaccination you need to weigh up the risk before deciding to have it.
I really hope that the vaccination did not bring on your Dad’s heart attack. But if you feel uncomfortable and are at peace with the risk of Covid, then you have made the right decision.

Every vaccination is a risk Dave. Not just the Covid vaccination.
And like every vaccination you need to weigh up the risk before deciding to have it.
I really hope that the vaccination did not bring on your Dad’s heart attack. But if you feel uncomfortable and are at peace with the risk of Covid, then you have made the right decision.

We got Told today that on the Death Certificate he Died of a Heart Attack from Plaque in the Arties

He did have a Fall the Day before he Died and that might of Dis-Lodged it and lead to the Fatal Heart Attack

I do get taking anything new has a Risk to it as you don't know how your Body will Respond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back