Cox - WTF?

Remove this Banner Ad

had him as captain and was expecting 120 at half time when he was on 58, was dissapointed when i got home to only see 82, that makes two poor second halfs from captains two weeks in a row now(cross last week)

but he did give me a captaincy of 152 or wateva it was 2 weeks ago

thats still and average over those two weeks of 117, not too bad i would say

Who ever said he got beat by a better ruckmen is kidding himself.
Playing with a broken foot in a dud team means he isnt going to dominate but he is still clearly the best ruckmen in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i've had white and simmo - can't complain, aside from the one late withdrawal white consistently gets 90+

i took the contrarian view at the start and thought i'd get the ruckmen that everyone didn't have

will still consider upgrading simmo to cox in a few weeks though if cox goes sub 400k - that is if he hits his straps again

i remember reading a post somewhere where someone had calculated that cox scores on average 12 points less in the last half of every season - that's pretty significant

:thumbsu:Couldn't agree with you more. Been really happy with Jeff White, freed up a little bit of cash as well.

Simmonds has been really good as well IMO.

Well, Cox has been known to be pretty crappy against essendon, DT-wise.

I mean, a couple of guys did say in captaincy thread, he got around 70-80 for the 2 games last year.
Actually, quick numbers check, Cox has never scored a ton against essendon. Highest score was 86 last year.
Seems like essendon has been his cursed team:D

*cough: Simmo and the macca for me too :)

Yeah me too. Cant decide which one to trade out to cox haha

Looks like you might both have to now with McIntosh's injury.

For the last 3 years Cox has actually averaged between 10 and 15 ppw less in the 2nd half of the season than the first.

Doesn't really matter because even with the drop it's still the highest of all rucks and everyone has him but it is a consideration when picking captains.

I haven't got the actual numbers but just through watching last season it appeared his TOG dropped in the back half of the season also. He only ever has 65-75% except when Seaby does not play.

Friday night he had 58 at HT and was well on track but hardly got on the field at all in the last quarter.

This injury concern is exactly why i picked up Jeff White instead of him 2 weeks ago;). It could pay off big time for me, especially if Big Cox plays injured which will affect his dt points.

he got smashed by hille simple hille had 27 disposals an completly towled him up an btw 82 is a good score for a ruckman i didnt see hiim all nite pretty mmuch an he still got that so ppl should stop complaining

he got smashed by hille simple hille had 27 disposals an completly towled him up an btw 82 is a good score for a ruckman i didnt see hiim all nite pretty mmuch an he still got that so ppl should stop complaining

I agree. They actually played Seaby in a sacrifical role on Hille and brought Cox on as back up for all the last quarter and some of the third, hence the reduced tog. Coxy is awesome but shutting down a firing opponent is not his game.

Actually Seaby was sent to the forward line and Lynch was rucking. He actually held his own against Hille due to his strength.

I wouldn't really be disappointed with Cox's 82 against Essendon this week. As mentioned earlier he has never cracked the tonne against the Dons and he was getting smashed against Hille so his time on ground was reduced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox - WTF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back