Past Craig Flint

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 42. Craig Flint

Sure is. May get his chance this year if there is an injury early.

To be honest I would have thought somebody like Bower is in frony of him at this stage. Problem with Flint is that he is that inbetween height at 190cm. We have Grigg and Benjamin developig as tall flankers/wingman who have better pace and flair than Flint, and guys like Bower (192cm) who is probably ahead of Flint as a taller rebounding defender. Flint is a great stopper though and is rarely beaten by his man. A couple of injuries to key defenders and he might get his chance. Even though Jamo is on the rookie list I have been really impressed by his defensive skills in the Ants.

To be honest I would have thought somebody like Bower is in frony of him at this stage. Problem with Flint is that he is that inbetween height at 190cm. We have Grigg and Benjamin developig as tall flankers/wingman who have better pace and flair than Flint, and guys like Bower (192cm) who is probably ahead of Flint as a taller rebounding defender. Flint is a great stopper though and is rarely beaten by his man. A couple of injuries to key defenders and he might get his chance. Even though Jamo is on the rookie list I have been really impressed by his defensive skills in the Ants.

Considering he was elevated from the rookie list last year, I definately think he will get his chance this year if he remains injury free and has a few good games with the Bullants.

Considering he was elevated from the rookie list last year, I definately think he will get his chance this year if he remains injury free and has a few good games with the Bullants.

Who would you play him in front of BG? And in what position at AFL?

Who would you play him in front of BG? And in what position at AFL?

Bower, Flint & Hartlett are all pretty much at the same level. The only difference between them all is Bower has already debuted, probably because he hasn't had bad luck with injuries as have Flint and Hartlett. I am almost positive that if Flint and Hartlett hadn't have got injured last year then they more than likely would have debuted before Bower.

Obviously Flint would play in the backline, probably in the back pocket.

What about you? Who would you put him infront of and in which position?

Craig was a General at FB for the Gippy Power in the TAC.

Was barking orders and setting up plays - very impressive.

Yes, but he isn't quite KPP size at AFL level, probably BP on the opposition third tall. Problem is he isn't as fast or athletic as an Andrew Walker at the same height......maybe replacing an injured Thornton, but why wouldn't you give Bower a run who can provide us with a lot more rebound and flair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Bullant game from the weekend last night, and I must say that I was VERY impressed with Flinty.

He wasn't BOG for mine, but he was bloody close to it-constantly mopping up down back and repelling the Box Hill attacks. So many times he chipped in to intercept, or was there to clean up the crumbs.

What I really like is that it looks as though he has a reasonable attacking game as well. Looked as though he enjoyed the freedom of running up the ground and setting up more plays.

Didn't see him in many one on one contests but from the ones I saw he was rarely beaten.

He reminds me quite a bit of T-Bird-cool, calm and collected, when in possession of the ball, and not. If he puts in a few more performances like he did on the weekend, I think he could squeeze into the senior side. Due to his height, there are questions over his AFL position, but I think he is best suited to a role on the smaller forwards-will not be able to compete with power forwards like Jon Brown or Pav, but would be very good against the likes of Mark Williams. Not sure what his pace is like, so unsure whether he could play against the likes of Chapman/Ablett or Davey.

Looks to have a bright future, and if he continues performing like he did on the weekend I reckon a senior debut is not too far away at all.

Watched the Bullant game from the weekend last night, and I must say that I was VERY impressed with Flinty.

He wasn't BOG for mine, but he was bloody close to it-constantly mopping up down back and repelling the Box Hill attacks. So many times he chipped in to intercept, or was there to clean up the crumbs.

What I really like is that it looks as though he has a reasonable attacking game as well. Looked as though he enjoyed the freedom of running up the ground and setting up more plays.

Didn't see him in many one on one contests but from the ones I saw he was rarely beaten.

He reminds me quite a bit of T-Bird-cool, calm and collected, when in possession of the ball, and not. If he puts in a few more performances like he did on the weekend, I think he could squeeze into the senior side. Due to his height, there are questions over his AFL position, but I think he is best suited to a role on the smaller forwards-will not be able to compete with power forwards like Jon Brown or Pav, but would be very good against the likes of Mark Williams. Not sure what his pace is like, so unsure whether he could play against the likes of Chapman/Ablett or Davey.

Looks to have a bright future, and if he continues performing like he did on the weekend I reckon a senior debut is not too far away at all.

Good report J :thumbsu: Agree with everything you said. One thing that really surprised me last week was his burst of speed for a guy of 190cm, and as you say he has really developed his offensive side. He seems to be one who has thrived under Mitchell's philosophy of be accountable first, then run off your man at any given opportunity. Helps that he had such a well developed defensive side at TAC, was rarely beaten at that level. He seems to be over his injury issues now and looks sharper every week. I think there is room for him to play in one BP. Hope he gets a crack soon.

Good report J :thumbsu: Agree with everything you said. One thing that really surprised me last week was his burst of speed for a guy of 190cm, and as you say he has really developed his offensive side. He seems to be one who has thrived under Mitchell's philosophy of be accountable first, then run off your man at any given opportunity. Helps that he had such a well developed defensive side at TAC, was rarely beaten at that level. He seems to be over his injury issues now and looks sharper every week. I think there is room for him to play in one BP. Hope he gets a crack soon.

He really looks like a gem. This was the first time I have seen him in a while, and he looked brilliant.

He reminds me of Dale Morris from the Bulldogs, but to me it looks like he has a better attacking game than Morris. Flinty definitely knows how to defend, and usually beats his man, and then has the ability to run off him and hurt the opposition on the rebound. Sometimes his kicking was a little off, but more often than not it was very good. Looks very composed even under pressure.

If he plays like that next week or for the next few weeks, I reckon we might just see him debut for the Blues sooner rather than later. I'm starting to REALLY like the kid-getting very close to one of my favourite players. Should definitely get a game for the Blues some time this year providing he stays away from injuries and continues playing like he did on Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back