Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

He left himself open for oppo supporters/media to say he was only admitting to the bias we supposedly receive from umpires & our home ground advantage. Not to mention them now bringing up every 50/50 decision that has gone in our favour.

I'm shocked he spoke like this tbh. I think if he had his time again, he would have worded it differently.
Shocked? Given the ramifications of the game and the pressure he and every coach is under? I'm surprised .he doesn't lose it most weeks

Shocked? Given the ramifications of the game and the pressure he and every coach is under? I'm surprised .he doesn't lose it most weeks
Yeah, I'm shocked Fly did it.

It's not his style.

It was the home ground umpiring advantage aspect of his comment I'm surprised by. I'm not saying that's not true, because we know it is.

Interesting to see if the umps purposely give the Lions every 50/50 decision tomorrow.. 🥴

if you watch the whole press conference, he workshopped it himself, saying that losers blame things like umpires and then reflecting on that comment. if coaches and players start blaming umpires for outcomes in games, then might as well join BF and practice their skills among experts...

Looking forward to what Fly produces in 2025.

Our ageing list and rising sides playing exciting footy (such as Hawthorn) will throw up new challenges. He may also have a different team of assistants, depending on our latest round of shuffling the deck chairs.

Another factor (in his favour?) is the lengthy period he’ll have to plan before round 1 next year, unlike this season.

I’m still very excited by him. And if we’re not in full rebuild mode yet - let’s see what innovations he can come up with for 2025.

Looking forward to what Fly produces in 2025.

Our ageing list and rising sides playing exciting footy (such as Hawthorn) will throw up new challenges. He may also have a different team of assistants, depending on our latest round of shuffling the deck chairs.

Another factor (in his favour?) is the lengthy period he’ll have to plan before round 1 next year, unlike this season.

I’m still very excited by him. And if we’re not in full rebuild mode yet - let’s see what innovations he can come up with for 2025.
Time for a photo change VP!

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back