Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but Fly is starting to overshare things like this. Good on him for managing in this style, but he seems to want to always tell the world about it. There is a risk from this approach over time as it will grate on people in the media who will tear him down when the first opportunity arises, i.e. Caro last week.
i love him, but he is tilting towards overdoing self promotion. i can definitely imagine grating on opposition fans.

Was a Great Last Year but sorry this year he been a Bad Coach

Playes look like they don’t give a shit how we play.

Fly letters have a Holiday when we playing so Shit.

Maybe being Nice is no longer working anymore as Playes know they won’t be told the Truth

Something is very wrong at the Club

Maybe being Nice is no longer working anymore as Playes know they won’t be told the Truth
Total over reaction

Think this is a bit far Dave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to get a bit angry because our performance tonight was just as poor as last week. We got no response from the players so it's not working what he's doing.
Spot On

Needs to tell them how Pathetic we played tonight as not close to
good enough

Spot On

Needs to tell them how Pathetic we played tonight as not close to
good enough

What happening now is not even close to working
We win the flag last year. They are hard to win.
Can’t win every year.
You should try and understand that and be proud of your club.

I thought when McCrae got the job we were at least 3yrs away from a flag with our list profile, so think somehow he just got last year from nowhere, especially considering the age of our list. Look at Geelong in 2022 and then 2023 they just got old quickly. Injuries on our Forward line are a big issue, losing Murphy is an issue, but our Midfield is our major issue. We have DeGoey lets be honest inconsistent can still kick an amazing goal, burst through a tackle but not doing it for 4qtrs, Pendles (legend but aging) and Daicos young brilliant but needs help. Look at Sydney Heeney, Warner, Gulden, with older Adams now. I think we just need to find some youth somehow, pretty sure we have close to oldest list in comp.

Sometimes it is hard to ask hard questions. I think we should absolutely asking difficult questions at the moment.

Premiership windows don't last long, and if the team and coaches can make the most of ours by challenging the status quo, that is healthy.

While I don't think something is "very" wrong, there are certainly things that could be improved on.

We have definitely lost games and given up premiership points this year due to inconsistent intensity.

Injuries, late in a game can explain one or two games, but certainly not the entire list below.

Unfortunately, there has a pattern to our performances this year, closely correlated to effort.

Effort is something the coaches have to influence.

Here is a list of games with poor or inconsistent intensity and effort:
Giants loss
Sydney loss
Saints loss
Hawks win with awful second half collapse
ANZAC Day draw
Crows at G where we let them back in and luckily held on
Collapse against Freo for draw
Collapse against Bulldogs for loss
Abysmal 1st half against Kangas for lucky win
Suns game
Bombers again

We've really only played strong games against Lions, Carlton, Eagles, PA and Melbourne.

5 of 16.

I think Fly needs to be calling this out more assertively, because what he is doing behind the scenes doesn't appear to be having the desired effect.

Don't get me wrong, injuries have been cruel, but the majority of our poor performances above, we clearly showed we had a team capable of winning the game, because when our intensity was good, we controlled the game and the scoreboard, even with debutants and fill-ins.

Last edited:

You really need to stop posting absolute shit.

Not much from the presser
“Not who plays, it’s how we play”
(I get that but I think personnel / talent plays a more significant role than that)

Talked to them at half time about pressure and connection (but then they served up that 3rd Q)

Then back to process and connection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back