Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a Great Last Year but sorry this year he been a Bad Coach

Playes look like they don’t give a shit how we play.

Fly letters have a Holiday when we playing so Shit.

Maybe being Nice is no longer working anymore as Playes know they won’t be told the Truth

Something is very wrong at the Club

Take a break TD. This is not acceptable and completely wrong.

Our club is a great club. Its a tough competition. You can't win every week especially with our injury list to key players. Remember injured players have missed because of injuries and may not return to their best. There's no doubt some players are playing injured as we try to make finals.

Other sides can improve.

There's nothing wrong at our club.

If you believe what you write then come up with solutions. Who are you replacing Fly, Bolton, leppitsch, selwood, skipworth, jetta and wade and co with?

Players never had a special holiday. All AFL teams get the bye break for players to have a break. Its part of their deal.

A bad coach wouldn't be able to integrate six or seven new players into the team and win. Also there is an expectation these young players will tire toward the back end of the season.

Fly is the best available coach. He is still learning. You can't change a game plan mid season. Look at Kingsley and GWS.

If you're going to bag us for the rest of the season then maybe take a break from BF.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Leppitsch and Bolton are still on board next season I hope we can convince them to go back to being line coaches.

While injury, attitude and an aging midfield is a major part of our up and down season it's hard not to think moving out our two most credentialed assistants from roles that helped propel us all the way to a Prelim and then Flag isn't playing some part.

While I can appreciate the reasoning behind it in reality we didn't target them for the revamped roles they're occupying this season.

Hopefully Wright isn't going to do us dirty when he returns either.

Was a Great Last Year but sorry this year he been a Bad Coach

Playes look like they don’t give a shit how we play.

Fly letters have a Holiday when we playing so Shit.

Maybe being Nice is no longer working anymore as Playes know they won’t be told the Truth

Something is very wrong at the Club
Unbelievably poor take.

They had a day off after the GC game Dave. Some spent it in GC, some came back & spent it in Victoria. Has absolutely nothing to do with Fly's coaching or the lack of intensity they showed last night.

Last edited:
Unbelievably poor take.

They had a day off after the GC game Dave. Some spent it in GC, some came spent it in Victoria. Has absolutely nothing to do with Fly's coaching or the lack of intensity they showed last.

I can't believe some would turn on Fly after '22 and '23.

This side has given us the most beautiful football I can remember.

This year we've played hurt all season. 9 debutants in '24. That has to be some kind of record for a premier.

The coach won't make excuses because it's not in his nature but give him a fkng break.

Last edited:

This year we've played hurt all season. 9 debutants in '24. That has to be some record for a premier.

The coach won't make excuses because it's not in his nature but give him a fkng break.
Unfortunately, it is very believable and a real problem for this board.
I love the player threads but the other side of the coin is hard to read without getting angry.

This year we've played hurt all season. 9 debutants in '24. That has to be some record for a premier.

How is asking questions, "turning on Fly"? Especially, when every single press conference Fly explicitly states things like "we are learning", "we are always trying to improve", "we are not a finished product".

Do you think we can improve without asking difficult, challenging questions?

He readily admits that he can do better. Why can't we expect him to as well?

How is asking questions, "turning on Fly"? Especially, when every single press conference Fly explicitly states things like "we are learning", "we are always trying to improve", "we are not a finished product".

Do you think we can improve without asking difficult, challenging questions?

He readily admits that he can do better. Why can't we expect him to as well?

I'm all for improvement and wouldn't shy away from hard questions. Neither would Fly or the club.

Right now, it would be misguided to point the torch at Fly. It's not like there's a healthy settled list that's underperforming.

Murphy, McStay, Mihocek, Elliott. We've been without them for large parts of the year. What could we reasonably expect the coach to do?

Having said that, if the players continue along this vein that will present a coaching challenge that he'll have to respond to. Most likely in the off-season. Footy waits for no man.

Spot On

Needs to tell them how Pathetic we played tonight as not close to
good enough
Do you think that would help?

Yes. It will help angry fans feel better knowing that the players are being punished for having the temerity to lose games of football.

But will it help the players play better? Nah, not at all. But that’s not the point.

Yes. It will help angry fans feel better knowing that the players are being punished for having the temerity to lose games of football.

But will it help the players play better? Nah, not at all. But that’s not the point.
I don’t support these posts either but…
Once during a juniors’ game, an opp player ran past me and I didn’t go with him bc I thought a teammate was going to pick him up - he didnt
That Tues at training the coach berated me in front of the group, made me do run-through until I almost puked.
Never let another player ever run past me again
Even if I’m walking down the street now 40 years later and a guy in a footy jumper runs past, I chase after him.
Just saying that effort can sometimes be…encouraged

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit that i'm having second thoughts about mcrae, considering the list is overburdened with talent. Maybe we can do a player exchange at the end of the season to assist gold coast... i'm sure that they would be happy to swap a couple of first round picks to get markov back...

We need to be kind to the rest of the competition

Do it!
I'll start the "We need a succession plan for Pendles to take over from Fly" thread.
Surely Pendles starts as an assistant coach next year with a plan to take over in 2027.

We need to give McRae the same treatment that the Port fans gave to Kenny. That got that lazy bludger motivated to make his players win the following week.

I'd like to see Craig cry, as well.

He's always stated he wants to assist at a different club first.
In all seriousness, Fly has been open about not wanting to be a long term coach. He could very well walk away at the end of 2026.

Doesn't change what Pendles has said about his own coaching career.
Yep
If Pendles was to return as coach one day, I’d first like him to assist at:
  • interstate club
  • vic powerhouse
  • vic minnow
Give him a complete understanding of not only how to coach diff players / diff systems and diff environments, but also about understanding players both from a welfare perspective as well as $$ one

McRae interview.
He keeps saying about how we want to play. What if the opposition takes that away from you? What is option 2?

I don't get him saying that 'if you walk into the club on a Monday, you wouldn't know if we won or lost'! I don't get this, for me it would hurt, disappointment.

McRae interview.
He keeps saying about how we want to play. What if the opposition takes that away from you? What is option 2?

I don't get him saying that 'if you walk into the club on a Monday, you wouldn't know if we won or lost'! I don't get this, for me it would hurt, disappointment.

Players generally want to rectify the losses quickly. Fly would be hammering this into the players after a loss.
Especially if you're a good side like us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back