Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't watched the presser from last night, but l'm sure Fly would’ve gone off, and may have dropped an F bomb too like Dimma last weekend?.....Surely 😆
Yep you’re dead right. It was a 10 minute R-rated verbal tirade. He took aim mainly at the defence focussing especially on the captain. Called him an overpaid woke spud at one stage and hinted that he might be up for trade. Smiled and said he wouldn’t even comment on the midfield. He seemed a little reluctant to criticise any of the forwards individually either but did say overall they were the least talented in the league. Unsurprisingly he saved his worst for our veterans and intimated that there may be retirements as early as this week. A journo asked whether he meant forced retirements and he muttered ‘what do you think?’ and stormed out.

Yep you’re dead right. It was a 10 minute R-rated verbal tirade. He took aim mainly at the defence focussing especially on the captain. Called him an overpaid woke spud at one stage and hinted that he might be up for trade. Smiled and said he wouldn’t even comment on the midfield. He seemed a little reluctant to criticise any of the forwards individually either but did say overall they were the least talented in the league. Unsurprisingly he saved his worst for our veterans and intimated that there may be retirements as early as this week. A journo asked whether he meant forced retirements and he muttered ‘what do you think?’ and stormed out.
How would you rate Fly's presser compared to a Joe Biden presser?

Yes. It will help angry fans feel better knowing that the players are being punished for having the temerity to lose games of football.

But will it help the players play better? Nah, not at all. But that’s not the point.
Yes it does

Let some of them go back to the vfl and see how it feels .. might even prod their egos and pride
When your winning you can get away with lots of things but when you start losing the microscope comes out
This group have shown they are very happy and content to have won one and one only
The great teams can back it up despite adversity
I think the pre game love fest of birthday cakes and jokes needs a spell and maybe bring some fire and brimstone before hitting the ground

That’s a fail. Expect at least returning to a prelim this year to be considered a pass for this season

Even with a good team you need things to go your way. Opening round didn’t help us and then the run of injuries we’ve had, particularly to the forward line. Murphy has been a huge loss as well as McStay and Elliott.

It’s just not our year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely need a Plan B to go B2B

We rely on pressure, Ess and Geelong played keeping’s off until they found a free man. Which shouldn’t happen because when the ball is held up it should give us time to set up properly.

We weren’t, we kept giving them a free man against the boundary to protect the middle of the ground and they used that player everytime and got the ball forward.

Yes it does

Let some of them go back to the vfl and see how it feels .. might even prod their egos and pride
When your winning you can get away with lots of things but when you start losing the microscope comes out

It’s flair and risk taking that led to this group to win the Premiership last year.

WTF would you want to whip them into being timid robots?

It’s flair and risk taking that led to this group to win the Premiership last year.

WTF would you want to whip them into being timid robots?
They need to be punished 76.
Whipped within an inch of their lives!

They should have learnt from when we played Sydney. Teams with decent kicking skills won't turn the ball over that much.

I have not watched this weeks presser but i would like Fly to talk about winners and the behaviours of a winner. I don't seem much winners mentality on field.

It’s called accountability
You don’t perform your out .. I know that’s foreign to a lot of people

Accountable for what, losing a game of football?

Wouldn’t you want them to learn from the experience? That’s clearly what the opposition have been doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back