Craigys Presser

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree. We had a guy last night who kicked a goal he'd probably only get 3/10 times at training with the biggest kick of his career, which should have won us the game. This speaks volumes for how good he is/will be.

Unfortunately we had a brain fade down the other end 30 seconds later which cost us the game.

I disagree. We had a guy last night who kicked a goal he'd probably only get 3/10 times at training with the biggest kick of his career, which should have won us the game. This speaks volumes for how good he is/will be.

Unfortunately we had a brain fade down the other end 30 seconds later which cost us the game.
gerard healy came up with an interesting stat last year, if a team kicks 6 consecutive goals in a game they will 95% of the time win the game

this was true last night - rutten didn't cost us the game, the 6-7 goals in a row in the 3rd did!

gerard healy came up with an interesting stat last year, if a team kicks 6 consecutive goals in a game they will 95% of the time win the game

this was true last night - rutten didn't cost us the game, the 6-7 goals in a row in the 3rd did!

That's the nice way of putting it. Of course, in any game a number of incidents during the 4 quarters will ultimately win or lose you the game, but as much as missing a set shot from 15m in front of goal after the siren loses a team a game, so did Rutten's dumb hold on Anthony last night.

Watched the game and read these comments. Great game to watch for a neutral but this comment caught my eye and I think it sums up the game from the crows perspective..

"rutten didn't cost us the game, the 6-7 goals in a row in the 3rd did!"

It was a holding free, which was there. Should've won the game if we kicked straight in the second. If they were 50-60 down at half time instead of 30 they may not have had the mental strength to get a run on in the third. Next year is our real opportunity, we punched above our weight this year.

bingo

I think Hentschel and Burton are in trouble (they may not get delisted, but they may become depth players).

Walker/Davis/McKernan are our future, and the future needs to begin round 1, 2010.

Shirley will make way for Sloane. This appears the most obvious one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Craigys Presser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back