Crameri, Marigliani, Hardingham, Quinn

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Quinn's enthusiasm and courage but I think the club is wasting their time with him. He looks like he'll be average at best.

As for the others it's too early to tell but Hardingham has awesome marking ability but some of his kicks have been embaressing and he needs to find more of the ball. May not turn out to be a star but has more than enough potential to persist with.

quinn was gone after playing the crows in last years final

crameri - ok

hardingham - keep, a different type of forward than what we have small forward who can really take a high mark

marigliani - 1st time ive seen him, great kick (which is what we lack), needs to build fitness

please note - hird kicked 25 touches 19 kicks 6 handballs including 15 mark in about his 4th game for the dons back in 92 against the so the signs were they early days and no need to stick any forks into him

Crameri and Quinn are obviouse. I'd add Dyson, Reimers & NLM to that list.

Rediculous observation on Hardinham who's come into a side that gets but ****ed every week and shown some really positive signs. Definately something to work with.

Marigliani has one position. Tagger, IMO he's not going to make it as good enough consistently in any other positions. He's made look good by how ordinary the rest of the side was.

I've seen alot of him at Frankston and he's not going to be a consistently good AFL player in any other position.

Hardingham, Marigiliani and Crameri could all be very solid players for us moving forward imo. I've got a feeling Hardingham could be anything. Massive call? No thats just a feeling i have. But don't condemn them to VFL players after a couple of games..

They all need fitness and skills work. The preseason coming up will be most important. A major positive from this seasons debacle has been finding a few players.

These blokes have played what, 15 games between them? About 10 of them coming from Quinn. And they're not getting 30 touches and 8 goals a game yet?

SACK EVERYBODY!

My god kelvin you've posted some dumb shit in the past but this truly takes the cake. You absolute idiot.

These blokes have played what, 15 games between them? About 10 of them coming from Quinn. And they're not getting 30 touches and 8 goals a game yet?

SACK EVERYBODY!

My god kelvin you've posted some dumb shit in the past but this truly takes the cake. You absolute idiot.
Wouldnt be much on BF to read without the dumb shit.;)

Stuart Crameri: honest, solid, big bodied player.. Does not have any standout attributes for him to become a top line AFL player. Seems a second slow to react to everything around him at AFL level, whilst his fitness is a bit of a worry, in his debut game, all those touches in the first quarter was because the ball seemed to keep following him.. His kicking can be suspect at times despite his good start to his career.

Marcus Marigliani: The highest hopes of this quartet. 'Rigga' wants to play at the top level, have seen this all year, leading these AFL players in training, at Bendigo. For all his hard work he has been duly rewaded with an AFL contract. He has exceptional fitness (contrary to what some people think), is a nice user of the ball and is certainly not afraid to stick his head over the ball. His ability to play as a forward also makes me think that this will keep him at the end of the year. In all honesty, if we delist him, I could see someone else taking him as a mature aged player (don't know why I think that, but I do).

Kyle Hardingham: Not sure what to make of Kyle. Has played some brilliant footy down back for Bendigo, then was trialled forward in a couple of games and was found out pretty quickly and duly struggled. I think he is best suited to a deffensive spot. He likens himself to Luke Hodge that he can play any where but enjoys defence more. If he could add more strings to his bow (marking, crumbing, recieving) then he could certainly make it up forward, it is just his finishing that has had me worried in the games I have seen him play.

Michael Quinn: I have always been questionable about the irishman. He has played some brilliant footy at Bendigo this year, he played a blinder against North Ballarat, kicked 3, nearly won the match for us, was brought into the side... and played back!! No wonder he has not had any sort of continuity in his footballing life here in Australia. I could see him being delisted at the end of his contract, sad to see, but I do not see much more scope for improvement left in the little irishman..

In summary:

Crameri - Delist
Marigliani - Keep
Hardingham - Keep
Quinn - Delist

Stuart Crameri: honest, solid, big bodied player.. Does not have any standout attributes for him to become a top line AFL player. Seems a second slow to react to everything around him at AFL level, whilst his fitness is a bit of a worry, in his debut game, all those touches in the first quarter was because the ball seemed to keep following him.. His kicking can be suspect at times despite his good start to his career.

Marcus Marigliani: The highest hopes of this quartet. 'Rigga' wants to play at the top level, have seen this all year, leading these AFL players in training, at Bendigo. For all his hard work he has been duly rewaded with an AFL contract. He has exceptional fitness (contrary to what some people think), is a nice user of the ball and is certainly not afraid to stick his head over the ball. His ability to play as a forward also makes me think that this will keep him at the end of the year. In all honesty, if we delist him, I could see someone else taking him as a mature aged player (don't know why I think that, but I do).

Kyle Hardingham: Not sure what to make of Kyle. Has played some brilliant footy down back for Bendigo, then was trialled forward in a couple of games and was found out pretty quickly and duly struggled. I think he is best suited to a deffensive spot. He likens himself to Luke Hodge that he can play any where but enjoys defence more. If he could add more strings to his bow (marking, crumbing, recieving) then he could certainly make it up forward, it is just his finishing that has had me worried in the games I have seen him play.

Michael Quinn: I have always been questionable about the irishman. He has played some brilliant footy at Bendigo this year, he played a blinder against North Ballarat, kicked 3, nearly won the match for us, was brought into the side... and played back!! No wonder he has not had any sort of continuity in his footballing life here in Australia. I could see him being delisted at the end of his contract, sad to see, but I do not see much more scope for improvement left in the little irishman..

In summary:

Crameri - Delist
Marigliani - Keep
Hardingham - Keep
Quinn - Delist

hff, i agree with most of this, but would like you're comments on the following if poss.....

riggs will def be picked up if we drop him and i really hope we don't....not gonna make a prediction on what he could or couldn't be at afl level yet, but he is highly skilled with a very good footy brain....i know it's not popular to recruit players with these traits of late in the afl, but i personally suspect across all teams the tide is turning and smart skillful players will have their value acknowledged more so than athletes trying to figure out how to play the game soon enough. DEFINITELY worth another year on the rookie list.

crameri = prob not in my opinion going to make it as a full time mid in afl, but for example if we were to give him 30 games down back [where i think he's done very well at bendigo] we could find ourselves an afl defender that is much better at shutting down an opponent, and a better disposal than someone say like....slattery after 90 games.
maybe even could take the tagger role after welsh on occasions too....thoughts?

hardingham - worth another year with at least 8-10 afl games as a forward as who knows how far he'll go.....as a club essendon drastically need to reduce the number of players both mid and coming out of defense who turn it over, and from what i've seen in about 4 games hard on does this at vfl level already.

can afford a certain amount of turnovers forward, but surely we are not crying out for another bloke with hard on's skills coming out of defense?

quinn....HAS to be a player available with our last rookie pick with a better chance of making it at afl level than this bloke.....surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget to take your MEDS again Kelvin?....you got 1 out of 4 right,what the hell are you thinking putting Hardingham there! NO IDEA MATE!!

hff, i agree with most of this, but would like you're comments on the following if poss.....

riggs will def be picked up if we drop him and i really hope we don't....not gonna make a prediction on what he could or couldn't be at afl level yet, but he is highly skilled with a very good footy brain....i know it's not popular to recruit players with these traits of late in the afl, but i personally suspect across all teams the tide is turning and smart skillful players will have their value acknowledged more so than athletes trying to figure out how to play the game soon enough. DEFINITELY worth another year on the rookie list.

I would think he will be picked up should we delist him.. I doubt we will get rid of him any way.

crameri = prob not in my opinion going to make it as a full time mid in afl, but for example if we were to give him 30 games down back [where i think he's done very well at bendigo] we could find ourselves an afl defender that is much better at shutting down an opponent, and a better disposal than someone say like....slattery after 90 games.
maybe even could take the tagger role after welsh on occasions too....thoughts?

Crameri does not have the motor to play as a tagger/full time midfielder in the AFL. His skills are very sketchy also. Not sure if you saw the game, but was it just me in his debut that the ball kept following him, he seemed a little off track.

hardingham - worth another year with at least 8-10 afl games as a forward as who knows how far he'll go.....as a club essendon drastically need to reduce the number of players both mid and coming out of defense who turn it over, and from what i've seen in about 4 games hard on does this at vfl level already.

I feel Hardingham's biggest issue is his kicking coming out of defence. He did get better as the year has progressed, so maybe some early season teething problems. I see him playing a similar role to what Adam Mcphee did for Essendon last year.

can afford a certain amount of turnovers forward, but surely we are not crying out for another bloke with hard on's skills coming out of defense?

quinn....HAS to be a player available with our last rookie pick with a better chance of making it at afl level than this bloke.....surely?

As for the irishman. If he is still there come our last rookie pick. So be it, if not, so be it.. Was worth a trial, had some ups, had some downs, but time for the club to look forward and take a bold stance with Michael..

My view on this:

Crameri - Shown that he can do something at AFL level, however what he has shown isn't enough in my opinion - a solid VFL player, but I'd much rather someone with silky skills that we can build into a hard body rather than vice versa.

Quinn - From what I've seen he just won't make it at AFL level, simple as that.

Hardingham - Am I the only one who sees him as Porplyzia like? Has the spring, great hands - if he could work on his kicking I reckon we have a player in him. Remember, that we don't have Gumby as a leading forward right now - but in Hardingham's debut match I saw something special; he has an X-Factor about him and IMO is well worth developing.

Marigliani - Classy, great skills and footy mind. I'd like to see him get at least another year and some time at AFL level; he showed some good signs in an otherwise poor day all round for Essendon. Obviously showed some nerves, (fumbled, out of breath quickly) - but I think we just need to watch what else he can bring to the table.

I reckon keep Hardingham. Ship Marigliani, NLM, Dyson and Neagle to Gold Coast for draft picks. Then Houli, Welsh and McVeigh off to Western Sydney for draft picks in 2011.

Exit Cram and Quinn..solid VFL players only.

Should we chase ex Magpie Marty Clarke from Ireland?

There is real potential with Hardingham, Carlisle and Gumby up front.

Muscles certainly deserves his spot, at least another season to measure who he can replace or put pressure on in our best 22.

Crameri and Quinn, just don't see it and would expect to see them delisted at season's end.

Looks like Crameri and Hardingham are making this thread and poster look a bit silly.

Crameri up forward has been a master stroke so far and his ability to contest and use his large frame is a massive bonus. Making Willo redundant. Didn't like him in the midfield last year but I think he's found a role at AFL playing forward.

Hardingham, while having a few flaws, has been able to use his closing down speed and leap to spoil and defend very well. Looks a much better defender than forward.

He reminds me a little of Alan Toovey from Collingwood who's really good at 1 or 2 things and is a perfect fit in a team environment.

They both have large'ish powerful frames and it's added to our list of 26-30 players that can come in and contribute in games instead of playing pencil thin kids.

There is no doubt Crameri and Hardingham have fitted into their respective rolls very well. Hardingham's field kicking and decision making seem to have improved significantly also. I saw a few Bendigo games last yeat and Crameri either played midfield or defence, he has played better in the seniors than he did in any of those games, I certainly didn't notice his marking ability. I still think Marigliani would be a good AFL player if given an opportunity, he has everything Crameri has plus far better kicking skills, but Crameri has made the most of his chances and well done to him.

Looks like Crameri and Hardingham are making this thread and poster look a bit silly.

Crameri up forward has been a master stroke so far and his ability to contest and use his large frame is a massive bonus. Making Willo redundant. Didn't like him in the midfield last year but I think he's found a role at AFL playing forward.

Hardingham, while having a few flaws, has been able to use his closing down speed and leap to spoil and defend very well. Looks a much better defender than forward.

He reminds me a little of Alan Toovey from Collingwood who's really good at 1 or 2 things and is a perfect fit in a team environment.
They both have large'ish powerful frames and it's added to our list of 26-30 players that can come in and contribute in games instead of playing pencil thin kids.

He actually defends exactly like Danny Jacobs used to.

He uses his closing speed and lead at the last minute to makes powerful spoils.

Kelvin

Watched Quinn play for Bendigo last Friday.

Doubt that he will make it - But if he does it will probably be as part of the midfield rotations - Can win his own ball, can step through traffic, puts his head over the ball and has good core strength.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crameri, Marigliani, Hardingham, Quinn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back