Crawford productions ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Shadforth

Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran Hawthorn Hawks - Muston and Savage Player Sponsor 2010 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2011 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2009 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2008 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2007 Player Sponsor
Oct 15, 2003
Coolangatta Queensland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
crawford_1410.jpg
I’m a huge fan of Shane Crawford. Never has it been a problem for me to watch him on the Footy Show whether he be in serious discussion on a topic or sending up Richard Cranium. To be quite honest, usually when I click onto FS and find Crawf is not on the panel I turn the TV off - not interested.

If it turns out I happen to watch and he appears as Bolger I turn it onto mute for the duration and go and have a cup of tea or a XXXX.

I probably watched a couple of the early tepidsodes but found myself embarrassed for Crawf and the Hawthorn Football Club. I consider myself a fun person (all the more so after the tenth stubby of XXXX), but as one of thousands of disappointed supporters in ‘04 I couldn’t hack Hank.

Just thought I would get this off my chest.

If the captain of the Hawthorn Football Club wishes to perform in the media, I am at ease with that. I had no problem with Jason Dunstall's role in the media when he captained the Haws.

However, the main concern for me about Shane Crawford in the media is the way he perpetuates the image of a simpleton, a person with little or no capacity for the intelligent thought process.

Whereas I realise Shane is a nice guy, and possibly not the smartest sheep in the flock, I would like the captain of my football club to carry himself with a certain dignity. I do not think it behoves the club, or Shane himself, to see him behaving like an idiot.

It's not the Hank Bolger role that bothers me, it's times when he pretends to have little idea of what people are talking about, or the time he pulled down Sam's shorts. Okay, we all know that was staged, but I still wish Crawf hadn't agreed to it.

I know that Alastair Clarkson has recently spoken with Crawf about his media commitments, it will be interesting to see what transpires in 2005. Selfishly I would like to see Crawf put 100% into the next couple of years and put the cream on what has been a wonderful career, and not allow his career to fade out as he focusses more on his media work.

It seems to me that Alaistair Clarkson is smart enough to realise that Crawford's involvement with the media is having a negative effect on the image of Hawthorn Football club and WILL not put up with it. I hope he maintains this strategy so the club can focus on becoming a tough and respected opponent on and off the footy field. :)

Pantelis said:
It seems to me that Alaistair Clarkson is smart enough to realise that Crawford's involvement with the media is having a negative effect on the image of Hawthorn Football club and WILL not put up with it. I hope he maintains this strategy so the club can focus on becoming a tough and respected opponent on and off the footy field. :)
You have hit it on the head more than what I have done, Pantelis, thank you.

My Man Croad said:
Ditto Gary.

A total embarrassment to the Hawthorn Football Club.

here here , i'd also put a stop to modelling contracts....when you've finished your services at hawthorn,go right ahead but when you are contracted as a player with the HFC football should be your number 1 priority... those who cant do that should be shown the door or not signed up in the first place...if that means bye bye to crawford,croad dixon and co then so be it...in the last few years we've had more and more players thinking they've
got the goods for the catwalk and media roles and i,m afraid its bloody well shown on the field...
professional footballers should be just that , when they retire then do what you like...i hope clarkson puts a stop to the crap and makes these blokes accountable..the ball , the premiership cup ... thats what we want, not pretty boys and fashion design awards... :mad:

I agree with you all. But I will add one more thing and sorry if it has been mentioned... I think the minimization of his media roles while at Hawthorn will mean that he is remembered in the right way when he does eventually finish football.
I don't mind what he has done in the past although the Bulger thing doesn't strike me as being any advantage whatever in his media career.

I think that all the changes being made by the coach are sounding ever better.

This topic has been done many times before lets build a bridge and get over it, Crawf will be playing for the Hawthorn footy club next season he will; be getting his 25 touches a game and he will win our B&F and have as good shot as any at a Brownlow.

Who gives a rats clacker aboyt what he does outside of football, as long as he gets the pill and does what his done for the past 10 years (win bronlows,B&fs and avg his 25 touches) then i dont care what happens outside of football and neither should anyone else his record speaks for it self.

cheers

tige19 I couldn't give a fat smelly fig what he does either, but it'd be a sad thing if we couldnt' complain about something he does. It's the reputation of the club that I think he's letting down and it is the reputation of a dummy that I think is sad.

If I wanna complain about it and just give my opinion for no reason than because I wanna give my opinion then I will. :p :D The skitches are not even funny anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disgustipated said:
I cant beleive you drink XXXX

002_Mr_XXXX_Larger.JPG
Purely a volunteer, Disgusterpated, someone has to drink it.

Tige19,

I have come to the conclusion that you are a total twit. I have agreed with some things you have posted in the past but your total lack of respect to fellow poster leaves alot to be desired.

We are not discussing the blokes on feild performance rather we are posting our opinion that the guy needs to concentrate on his AFL commitments to the Hawks rather than his personal endeavours that he can pursue after his AFL career.

What sort of example do you think he is setting around the club as a Senior Player? Do you think Lethal would allow this sort of CRAP to go on??

One more thing if you think a post has been discussed before and you are sick and tired of the same crap being posted hit IGNORE. Easy!!! :rolleyes:

My Man Croad said:
Tige19,

We are not discussing the blokes on feild performance rather we are posting our opinion that the guy needs to concentrate on his AFL commitments to the Hawks rather than his personal endeavours that he can pursue after his AFL career.

QUOTE]

I would think that his performance on the field would speak for it self, the guy has been doing media work for years yet still wins Brownlows, B&fS , AA, AA Captain, mate the proof is in black white.

Im happy for Crawford to do what he wants with the mdeia as long as he plays good football. I would say Akermanis is just as media focused and far more debated in a negated way than Crawf yet he still plays football and Lethal basically lets that be.

Mate i have no time for you, if you dont like my posts dont reply its simple :rolleyes: next!!!

tige19 said:
My Man Croad said:
Tige19,

QUOTE]

I would think that his performance on the field would speak for it self, the guy has been doing media work for years yet still wins Brownlows, B&fS , AA, AA Captain, mate the proof is in black white.

Im happy for Crawford to do what he wants with the mdeia as long as he plays good football. I would say Akermanis is just as media focused and far more debated in a negated way than Crawf yet he still plays football and Lethal basically lets that be.

Mate i have no time for you, if you dont like my posts dont reply its simple :rolleyes: next!!!

brownlows

as far as i know he only has one...

Gee guys how funny it is to see so many geeks get worked up about whats on a computer screen.

All you blokes are nerds !!!!

cya ;)

Crawf is a champion. I dont doubt his work ethic, love of Hawthorn, or his dedication. But a few of his comments regarding the gay issue came back to hurt both his family and his girlfriend. In that regard, the guy needs to grow up a bit and realise that those close to him are affected by what he says.

It is one thing to bait the media and have a bit of fun with them, it is another to hurt those close to you.

The Bulger thing didnt bother me (it was cringeworthy though) and neither do his Footy Show committments (he is quite funny when he wants to be).

He just needs to show a bit of initiative when dealing with sensitive issues.

tige19 said:
Gee guys how funny it is to see so many geeks get worked up about whats on a computer screen.

All you blokes are nerds !!!!

cya ;)
Think before you hit the keyboard - we have a self confession here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crawford productions ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back