Workshop Create a Random AFL Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Create an AFL Guernsey

Well clash guernseys do have a place in the modern game, most professional leagues all over the world have them... The NFL has 32 yet still manages to avoid clashes... Baseball has more and it avoids clashes...

The problem comes back to the absolutely atrocious designs from the designers... They are pathetic and don't even serve the interest they were made in. Just odd...

goldcoast2copynq0.jpg

Well clash guernseys do have a place in the modern game, most professional leagues all over the world have them... The NFL has 32 yet still manages to avoid clashes... Baseball has more and it avoids clashes...

In U.S. Sports, each club has a white strip and dark/coloured strip, one used for home games, the other away games. Clashing is NEVER an issue as a result. On the other hand though, the uniforms there are quite bland....if you think about it most NFL jumpers are just glorified T-Shirts with numbers on them, maybe a logo on the short sleave if you are lucky. The Oakland Raiders jumper is basically a black T-Shirt with silver/white numbers and lettering, that's it!

In U.S. Sports, each club has a white strip and dark/coloured strip, one used for home games, the other away games. Clashing is NEVER an issue as a result. On the other hand though, the uniforms there are quite bland....if you think about it most NFL jumpers are just glorified T-Shirts with numbers on them, maybe a logo on the short sleave if you are lucky. The Oakland Raiders jumper is basically a black T-Shirt with silver/white numbers and lettering, that's it!
Yeah I know, and a third guernsey they occasionally wear...

But in all fairness, what the hell is so special design wise about a black background with a yellow diagonal stripe? Hardly seems any more 'out there' than many NFL guernseys (Which are similarly simple, but give greater contrast)

The problem comes back to the absolutely atrocious designs from the designers... They are pathetic and don't even serve the interest they were made in. Just odd...

This.

Making classy clash strips is easy - unfortunately clubs seem to be easily swayed by "funky ideas" from their apparel sponsors and marketing departments.

If it was 'Tasmania' I would prefer two vertical stripes to the side, rather then a V or sash. Like the old Tasmania Guernsey. Modernised with a stripe of each colour would look good as well.

Tas-1978.gif

Some St Kilda away guernseys, based on the cross home one we wore:
30wxkhw.gif

Mostly red but all our clashes are due to our black component so it should work
mw41mg.gif

Whiter version of the same guernsey

WOW 40+ pages of pure gold, well done to all.

If anyone can do a few Carlton ones with navy base and then white base I would be extremely grateful.

The more the better....THANK YOU!!!

Keep up the gr8 work guys:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does any1 know if there will be any more of those created guernsey competitions like the other ones in the forum.:confused::confused:

could someone (with the appropriate skills) create a guernsey that looks a bit like this..
2678813191_bf1c62b21a.jpg

maybe change the blue into a wave to represent the gold coast?

could someone (with the appropriate skills) create a guernsey that looks a bit like this..

Since nobody has replied to my plea, i have decided to have a a crack myself.

Here it is.
2684565588_8983c85602.jpg

It doesn't look professional, but i'm sure dale_thomas or crow28 will fix it up.
EDIT: and InCase. Just looking over the posts, and he did a great job with the sydney one. Top Stuff

Please?

Since nobody has replied to my plea, i have decided to have a a crack myself.

Here it is.
2684565588_8983c85602.jpg

It doesn't look professional, but i'm sure dale_thomas or crow28 will fix it up.
EDIT: and InCase. Just looking over the posts, and he did a great job with the sydney one. Top Stuff

Please?

Wouldn't mind seeing how this one looks myself to be honest

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Create a Random AFL Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back