Creating a team

Remove this Banner Ad

pbooth20

Draftee
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey Everyone,

I've had this game for about 3 days now and i've been trying to make a team that fits under the salary cap and I am struggling to do it.

I'm hoping some people could post tips on the best way to create a team that fits under the salary cap but will still remain competitive.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Just pick players that are a good price for there overall, pick some low players, then pick a couple of top price players.

Hey Everyone,

I've had this game for about 3 days now and i've been trying to make a team that fits under the salary cap and I am struggling to do it.

I'm hoping some people could post tips on the best way to create a team that fits under the salary cap but will still remain competitive.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Have a look through every list and check who you think looks like a bargain. From there, tally up who you want. With the extra cash, figure out which top player you'd want. :thumbsu:

Actually I need to know an answer about this, can you create like 18 custom teams and make a custom season with them?
I believe you can make a competition with custom teams.

Yes! I heard its only 3 rounds though?
I wouldn't know as I haven't looked that far into it but from memory I believe you can.

I might make a full custom team this afternoon when I'm bored.

Are the players picked in your custom team, removed from there original club? I know this occurred in FIFA 10 when creating a team.

I already posted this on the main thread but its probably more appropriate here:

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but a few tips regarding creating a team that might stop the complaints regarding the $7million salary cap -

1. Lower all players except your starting 22 to minimum stats to maximise your salary cap. Do not pick more than 40 players!
  2. Search each respective position using the player database to find cheap players rated above 70 to stack your starting lineup. There are absolutely tonnes you just have to be patient and do your research (ie z.clarke in the ruck, LRT at full back, JPod at full forward, gwilt on the half back line, ballantyne and blair in the forward pockets, s.baker and c.brown in the back pockets off the top of my head) - PS there needs to be a column for price in the player database its a pain having to enter into the player profile each time just to find their $ value (not sure if this can be dealt with in a patch)
  3. Make sure you only get 1 of each position - this means you don't waste a 70+ midfielder on the half back flank rating at 60 something and dragging the rest of your team down.
Using these tips, you should be able to put together a pretty decent custom team at $7million. I put together a quick one last night that was 2 stars but I reckon much better can be achieved. I'll be posting my top created team later on today including the lineup.

EDIT: 1 more tip - trade don't delist! I could be wrong but when you delist it appears as though a percentage of the players salary stays in your team salary cap and you never get it back unless you reset the rosters. I went 4 over the 40 minimum players first time I put a team together and decided to delist, even though their combined value was approximately $600k I swear I got back half or less of that!

Needs to be way more options for logos, guersney design and colours. Also should be able to change facial hair colour. My player is stuck with black hair and ranga beard. Bizzaro aker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes! I heard its only 3 rounds though?

no, the round robin option is how many times the teams play each other during the season, the maximun times they can play each other is 3 times so if you have 12 teams in your season and choose 2 round robins then there will be 22 rounds for the season.

Are the players picked in your custom team, removed from there original club? I know this occurred in FIFA 10 when creating a team.

Yep, ruins it for me. I wanted to make teams like State of Origin ones but i'm not ruining each actual team to do it, and even if you had all week to do it you can't create the players either as the salary is far too small, especially for teams like a SoO team.

Can you create an entire squad of created players and fill your created team with it?

How do created players go under the salary cap? My idea was to create a team of my and my mates, but for each player i'd base them on the stats of a Port player to keep it all fair and balanced. Would such a team stay under the salary cap?

Would also like a bit more freedom with the jumper designs in the patch. Would it be difficult to add in the ability to pick whatever colours you want for any design in the game?

Just a (probably stupid) question, what does the $3m franchise fee refer to for created teams? I'm trying to create a team of my mates and fit it under the $7m at the moment...that extra $3million would be handy
Also, can you edit the number of a create-a-player?
Cheers lads

Remove this Banner Ad

Creating a team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back