Multiplat Cricket 24

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got Cricket 24 but gave up playing it about 6 months ago as each patch made fixed one thing then screwed 10 other things up. Plus I got sick of how scripted it the game feels, something its had since the first iterations. It feels like the AI chooses when wickets fall and what total a team will make.

Started playing International Cricket Captain again to get my cricket fix with a semi realistic engine and stats.

I'm assuming Cricket 24 is still a mess?
Oh I love ICC back in 2001. How is the newest version?

Cricket 24 I only play career and it really hasn't changed a lot since the original DB game. Career mode is not rewarding at all. Just feels like you continue to play for the sake of it and its a boring grind.

I haven't tried other modes so not sure about them.

Oh I love ICC back in 2001. How is the newest version?

Cricket 24 I only play career and it really hasn't changed a lot since the original DB game. Career mode is not rewarding at all. Just feels like you continue to play for the sake of it and its a boring grind.

I haven't tried other modes so not sure about them.
Newest version is good - the commentary and sound is actually not bad. Though I miss the nostalgic 8 bit graphics of the early games lol. I love the management side of things - I actually rarely play the games. Rather I just set the lineups, manage the team, contracts, training etc and sim the matches. Its a hard game to master...

Creating a player and adding him to the Aussie team and starting a career at international level is so much more enjoyable than grinding it out in club cricket

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I like rising up the ranks although it varies game by game - some iterations I was captain of Victoria within the first year and in the Aus line up by year 2 and captain of all int formats by year 3.

I also like club cricket as I can (well not in c24 as yet as I haven't grinded my way through) feel like a king doing triple centuries AND taking 5+ wickets every match :p

Just picked up Cricket 22 for $33. How the **** do you get batsmen out? Got a caught and bowled, not out. Nicked behind to the keeper, not out. No commentary, just play on. This shit is bugged!

A lot of the nicks to the WK don't actually count - have had many that I swore were genuine..... but the replay would show that the batsman would hit the ball to the ground, ball bounces to the ground and WK catches it.

As for tactics I try everything sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I concentrate on Yorkers (both fast and slow), mix it up with slow and fast bouncers. I've also mucked around by bowling bouncing Yorkers.

See what the batsman's weakness is (pressing the right analog stick from memory) and bowl to that. Like I'd see someone has weak pull shots... so I'd bowl a few deliveries, then target a delivery where the AI has to play a pull shot etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Cricket 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back