Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as I'm concerned, David Warner is merely an irrelevant former Test player, who will play no part in this summer's series against India. It's the only cricket that means anything to me in the next 6 months.
All I got from that is Manenti is playing in the Cayman Islands so should be fit and in form to start the year. Who is the guy he dismissed?

All I got from that is Manenti is playing in the Cayman Islands so should be fit and in form to start the year. Who is the guy he dismissed?

What are they doing playing cricket on Hayman Island?

Eh, wot did ya say? Oh Cayman Islands- err, where the **** are they?

Not to worry, it probably won't be long and there will be a T20 Tournament on Hayman Island.
:rolleyes:

He is England’s Test captain this week, but come December Ollie Pope is bound for Adelaide.

The Big Bash League’s Strikers have signed the batter and part-time wicketkeeper as their pre-draft acquisition for the upcoming BBL season.

Given the sexting scandal that saw him resign as Australian Captain, how Tim Paine has survived in the cricket scene in this sensitive new age is beyond me. Like a certain AFL footy Coach he is popular with the players and officialdom. I reckon that keeps him around the cricket scene.

We will see how he goes. Will the Deadback culture break yet another Coach?
Tim Paine isn't involved with the Deadback's at all. Ryan Harris is the Redbacks Coach.

The Poms might have found a couple of players in Jamie Smith and Gus Atkinson. Smith is their new number 6, and he's just brought up his first century in his 4th Test. Before this Test, Atkinson had taken 22 wickets at 16 in his first 3 Tests.

Yeah I know there's a world of difference between playing the West Indies in England, and playing Australia over here. But maybe the next Ashes series in 16 months will be a little closer than what we've witnessed over the last decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Poms might have found a couple of players in Jamie Smith and Gus Atkinson. Smith is their new number 6, and he's just brought up his first century in his 4th Test. Before this Test, Atkinson had taken 22 wickets at 16 in his first 3 Tests.

Yeah I know there's a world of difference between playing the West Indies in England, and playing Australia over here. But maybe the next Ashes series in 16 months will be a little closer than what we've witnessed over the last decade.
We see this every 8-12 years… new white hope fail time and time again…

Poms might need some of that Manchester rain if Sri Lanka get their lead over 200 - they didn't lose a wicket in the first session and now lead by 169 with 4 wickets in hand.

EDIT: the seventh wicket stretched the lead to 187, but then 4 wickets fell for 17, setting the Poms a victory target of 205 in 4 and a bit sessions - Old Trafford weather permitting.

Last edited:
He is England’s Test captain this week, but come December Ollie Pope is bound for Adelaide.

The Big Bash League’s Strikers have signed the batter and part-time wicketkeeper as their pre-draft acquisition for the upcoming BBL season.

He got the W as captain, but was Ollie Poop with the bat - out for 6 in both innings.

He got the W as captain, but was Ollie Poop with the bat - out for 6 in both innings.
Not sure of the full details, as I only saw a headline in passing, but it seems the Poms were up to their old tricks in the First Test. Just like the last Ashes Test last year, they managed to convince the umpires to change the ball.

Yes. I believe Jonny Bairstow's dad did the same many years ago.

EDIT: According to Wiki David Bairstow hanged himself. There was a hoo-hah some years ago about the Aussies sledging a pommy batsman by making "choo-choo" noises and I had an idea it was directed at Jonny, but maybe it was someone else.

EDIT #2: The choo-choo sledge was (allegedly) aimed at Kiwi Chris Cairns, whose sister had been killed in a level crossing accident.
Either way - it’s poor form

Either way - it’s poor form
It's hard to believe anyone could stoop as low as using a family tragedy to unsettle a batsman o_O, but if it is true that choo-choo noises were used to unsettle Chris Cairns after his sister had been killed in a level crossing accident it would have to be right down there as possibly the most disgraceful sledge of all time.

Not wanting to add to the train talk, but Centrals first premiership captain Daniel Hulm is another, in the UK too.

But back to cricket...looks like Bangladesh could pull off a remarkable win against Pakistan in Rawalpindi, after being 6/26 in the first innings batting second they managed to make it to a 12 run deficit. Now in the 2nd innings they have the final session to find 63 with 8 in hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back